PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4 on GTX 970 SC - A review

RVSage
12-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Okay I need to change my review.. Because I was completely wrong...

Here is what changed.. Based on a post from another thread... I got a clue that my GPU was doing better with many others.. So I began to wonder what was going wrong...

I had a motherboard bios update a couple of days back.. It did not change my CPU OC settings...But today I found out that it had reset my RAM clock to 1333 Mhz.. While I thought it was running at 21333Mhz.....
So all my values were wrong... I was running with almost a GHz slower clock w.r.t to my memory.. So I updated my memory speed..

And here are the results

1. Consistent 55-60 FPS at most places
2. 45 FPS + at crowded areas like Notre dame...
3. Max of 80 FPS

My settings..
All Ultra ...except AA FXAA and shadows High

I guess this is an effect of new nvidia beta driver and patch 4 combined...I am happy with this FPS now...Still might not be the best but mostly above par...

Thank you Ubisoft and Forgive me for getting upset with you without verifying changes to my system..

ChittyBeef
12-20-2014, 01:59 AM
Least you can play at decent quality. I have a 760 and run unity at 1680x1050 with everything off/low including AA off just to get 40 FPS.

bbucha
12-20-2014, 02:59 AM
you should be able to use PCSS soft shadows should not that dramitically affect things in patch1.4 at least they do not for me its like 4-5FPS

RVSage
12-20-2014, 03:08 AM
At this rate I fear.. Next versions of AC series.. might have SLI configs.. as minimum requirements.. I wont be surprised at all

RVSage
12-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Sorry for the wrong information I have been providing.. Updated thread main post.. I am happy with this patch :)