PDA

View Full Version : SLI users and patch 1.4

Carfax83
12-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Just curious, but has anyone with SLI noticed that textures are flickering after updating to the latest patch? I'm getting texture flickering now, and I'm certain it's related to SLI. When SLI is turned off, the flickering disappears..

DrParamonos
12-19-2014, 11:14 AM
yup, the patch has broken SLI - I've raised a ticket.

Like many I'm disappointed, I've been waiting for this patch since launch to fix the frame rate issues. Now this breaks the game completely.

Ubisoft have lost it, Guillemot should resign. Since they clearly are not listening to their customers I hope the shareholders take note and take action.

minidinguefr33
12-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Thank you for the drop in performance , lag , freeze during rapid movement of camera
and flashing, talk them thank you for me not to buy your games.:mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru5xhPcVKT0&feature=youtu.be

strigoi1958
12-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Unfortunately that is the problem with SLI. The geforce forum is full of complaints about games that only work when stopping SLI and running a single card. I have never understood SLI because you buy 4 6GB titans so you have a quad SLI 24GB but you can only use 6GB :confused: you are paying for 18gb of vram that doesn't get used.

I could understand if they brought out a cheaper SLI card with almost no memory on board so you buy 1 card say a gtx980 4GB then a SLI card a gtx980 with everything but the 4gb for half price...
SLI has, is, and always will be... less value and more problems than it is worth.

Shrikeh12
12-20-2014, 02:50 PM
striogi - I don't think you understand how SLI works. In your example of quad titans, yes you have 6GB of VRAM in total but that is because the system is using the other cards to render alternate frames. You don't increase VRAM with SLI but you increase performance.

Toypop76
12-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately that is the problem with SLI. The geforce forum is full of complaints about games that only work when stopping SLI and running a single card. I have never understood SLI because you buy 4 6GB titans so you have a quad SLI 24GB but you can only use 6GB :confused: you are paying for 18gb of vram that doesn't get used.

I could understand if they brought out a cheaper SLI card with almost no memory on board so you buy 1 card say a gtx980 4GB then a SLI card a gtx980 with everything but the 4gb for half price...
SLI has, is, and always will be... less value and more problems than it is worth.

A PS4 owner could read the Ubisoft PC sections or the Steam forums and say exactly the same thing about PC gaming.

"Less value and more problems than it's worth". I mean every PC forum is full to the brim with 90% of threads being people complaining about game breaking bugs.

I've not seen a performance issue following the patch but I do get the texture flickering. Seems to be a spate of that lately as DA:I does it and so did the sky box in WoW following the big pre-WOD patch. Blizzard fixed it so it is on EA and Ubisoft to pull their finger out and start acting like they have the first clue what they are doing.

Personally though I find SLI to be worth it. I get to experience performance that single card users can only dream of having for a good 5 years.

The only way to play these games on Ultra at a minimum 60fps is by using top end cards in SLI. Otherwise you are turning down the detail just like a console peasant. You might as well just buy a PS4 in that scenario.

Darkmantik
12-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Also it is surprising (not tu use another word (dumb, ridiculous, etc...)) that a company like Ubisoft does not test their patch on an SLI rig before to apply... Cause 1.3 was working really fine for SLI rigs. Ubisoft has lost and is losing everyday a lot of loyal customers, not to speak about reputation and reliability...

minidinguefr33
12-20-2014, 03:42 PM

The aventage is that when a game takes into account the sli and there are many , you did not setting limits me before the patch the game turned into a bottom has TXAA 2560x1440 ~60fps 1920x1080 or 3DVision 2 45 / 55fps .
Find me a single card that can do the same there as sli .
take your gtx 980 2560x1440 adjustment thoroughly with TXAA and look at your fps and comes to see me.

ravexv
12-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Thank you for the drop in performance , lag , freeze during rapid movement of camera
and flashing, talk them thank you for me not to buy your games.:mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru5xhPcVKT0&feature=youtu.be

Yeah its sad

minidinguefr33
12-20-2014, 04:05 PM
Assassin's creed via

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1549/699/original.jpg?w=600&h

AnhPr0
12-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Tried again this morning to no avail. Game crashes at the loading screen, and im reading alot of comments that it has to do with SLI breaking the game.

It was working just fine before the patch, but after downloading it, i cant even get into the game, let alone see what all the fuss is about with "texture flickering".

I hope Ubisoft has a fix for this because PC users are getting fcked over.

GG Ubisoft, i hope you've a solution at hand, or you release a statement.

YazX_
12-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Try to Disable HBAO+ and PCSS and see if it works as a workaround for now.

behindtimes
12-20-2014, 05:56 PM
That workaround doesn't work for me. Unfortunately, this could potentially be an NVidia issue, because Assassin's Creed Unity is hardly the only game which has SLI issues such as massive flickering. Example: Dragon Age Inquisition is practically unplayable for me with SLI enabled due to flickering. But, since 1.03 worked fine for me...

strigoi1958
12-20-2014, 06:05 PM
striogi - I don't think you understand how SLI works. In your example of quad titans, yes you have 6GB of VRAM in total but that is because the system is using the other cards to render alternate frames. You don't increase VRAM with SLI but you increase performance.

I'm saying I don't think you need 18GB to render alternate frames. And on the geforce forum most performance issues are suffered by sli users... stuttering, texture flashing etc... I'd rather play the game at 45 FPS at ultra and 1080p than stuttering at 25 FPS with flashing textures at 4k.

SLI was designed so GFX card makers can double, triple and quadruple their profits... I'd have no problem with that as long as Nvidia (and AMD) designated a team to producing an extreme driver that took full advantage of the expensive systems... but they do not. A driver designed for a quad sli system, with muliple monitors or 4k display... also has to run a gt420 card at 1280 x 720 ... IMHO the high end cards/ systems are being held back. :(

When Nvidia makes it worth while for me to invest in more than a single GPU I will but at present they do not.

behindtimes
12-20-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm saying I don't think you need 18GB to render alternate frames. And on the geforce forum most performance issues are suffered by sli users... stuttering, texture flashing etc... I'd rather play the game at 45 FPS at ultra and 1080p than stuttering at 25 FPS with flashing textures at 4k.

SLI was designed so GFX card makers can double, triple and quadruple their profits... I'd have no problem with that as long as Nvidia (and AMD) designated a team to producing an extreme driver that took full advantage of the expensive systems... but they do not. A driver designed for a quad sli system, with muliple monitors or 4k display... also has to run a gt420 card at 1280 x 720 ... IMHO the high end cards/ systems are being held back. :(

When Nvidia makes it worth while for me to invest in more than a single GPU I will but at present they do not.

Maybe I'm misreading what you're stating, but...

When using SLI, your video cards do not share VRAM. Each card needs an individual copy of the data. So, with 1 card, you let's say you need 4 GB VRAM. With 2 cards you'd need 8 GB, 3 would need 12 GB, etc. It also doesn't give double, triple, quadruple the performance. There is performance degradation having to divide up the work.

minidinguefr33
12-20-2014, 07:24 PM
blackmail!! good UBI:nonchalance:

The offer began yesterday and selects a title, so free , including The Crew , Far Cry 4 , Watch Dogs , Assassin's Creed Black Flag , Rayman Legend and Just Dance 2015. With two titles still sold at full price , we can that they do not make fun of the world. Except that they are not 100 % free, a user of the forum NeoGAF who took the time to read the requirements for his game noticed that by accepting a charge, he accepted the same never to attack directly or participate in a group movement against Ubisoft about Unity AC title .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955051

""You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Ubisoft Entertainment S.A., and each of its past, present and future divisions, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, together with all of their respective past, present and future employees, officers, shareholders, directors and agents, and those who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Campaign (all for the purposes herein referred to as “Released Parties”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU, your assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CHARGES, LAWSUITS, DEBTS, DEFENSES, ACTIONS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF SERVICE, COMPENSATION, PAIN AND SUFFERING, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND COST AND EXPENSES OF SUIT, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PURCHASE, ACQUISITION, RENTAL, POSSESSION AND/OR USAGE, AND/OR THE INTENT TO PURCHASE, ACQUIRE, RENT, POSSESS AND/OR USE, THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY VIDEO GAME AND/OR THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY SEASON PASS ON ANY AND ALL PLATFORMS, AND/OR RELATED TO THE CAMPAIGN, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE."""

WaR-UK
12-20-2014, 09:56 PM
blackmail!! good UBI:nonchalance:

The offer began yesterday and selects a title, so free , including The Crew , Far Cry 4 , Watch Dogs , Assassin's Creed Black Flag , Rayman Legend and Just Dance 2015. With two titles still sold at full price , we can that they do not make fun of the world. Except that they are not 100 % free, a user of the forum NeoGAF who took the time to read the requirements for his game noticed that by accepting a charge, he accepted the same never to attack directly or participate in a group movement against Ubisoft about Unity AC title .

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=955051

""You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Ubisoft Entertainment S.A., and each of its past, present and future divisions, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, together with all of their respective past, present and future employees, officers, shareholders, directors and agents, and those who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Campaign (all for the purposes herein referred to as “Released Parties”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU, your assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CHARGES, LAWSUITS, DEBTS, DEFENSES, ACTIONS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF SERVICE, COMPENSATION, PAIN AND SUFFERING, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND COST AND EXPENSES OF SUIT, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PURCHASE, ACQUISITION, RENTAL, POSSESSION AND/OR USAGE, AND/OR THE INTENT TO PURCHASE, ACQUIRE, RENT, POSSESS AND/OR USE, THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY VIDEO GAME AND/OR THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY SEASON PASS ON ANY AND ALL PLATFORMS, AND/OR RELATED TO THE CAMPAIGN, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE."""

Well this just proves that ubi know that there said game (unity) is not fit for release to the paying customer , but tuck our money and are covering their arse just in case someone with enough cash behind them decides to take them to court for their actions . it nothing more than a scam they pulled . had this been any other product that i had purchased one would have been given a full refund by now .

Darkmantik
12-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Try to Disable HBAO+ and PCSS and see if it works as a workaround for now.

Are you serious? or just trolling us?

Do you realize how ridiculous your purpose is?

YazX_
12-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Are you serious? or just trolling us?

Do you realize how ridiculous your purpose is?

mate, calm down and read the disclaimer in my signature, i'm just trying to help here, if what i proposed didnt work as a workaround then unfortunately you have to wait until proper fix comes from Ubisoft/Nvidia, so no need to attack, flame and get furious at me for trying to help, and further more, flaming/attacking any member is against forum rules and strictly prohibited, please read forum rules, link is in my signature.

Back on topic, i had this issue since day 1 when i owned SLI and i used to get around it by doing that, thats why i suggested such thing since its clearly related to shadows and lighting mechanics in the game and unfortunately you find it ridiculous, and also TXAA causes this kind of flickering as well, so if you think its ridiculous then thats your business but for other users it might be a workaround of the problem for the time being. if it didnt work for anyone then sorry to say it but you have to wait for a proper fix.

Darkmantik
12-21-2014, 03:38 PM
mate, calm down and read the disclaimer in my signature, i'm just trying to help here, if what i proposed didnt work as a workaround then unfortunately you have to wait until proper fix comes from Ubisoft/Nvidia, so no need to attack, flame and get furious at me for trying to help, and further more, flaming/attacking any member is against forum rules and strictly prohibited, please read forum rules, link is in my signature.

Back on topic, i had this issue since day 1 when i owned SLI and i used to get around it by doing that, thats why i suggested such thing since its clearly related to shadows and lighting mechanics in the game and unfortunately you find it ridiculous, and also TXAA causes this kind of flickering as well, so if you think its ridiculous then thats your business but for other users it might be a workaround of the problem for the time being. if it didnt work for anyone then sorry to say it but you have to wait for a proper fix.

Nothing personnal. It's just that am totally bored with Ubisoft. I had to wait more than 3 week to get a fix on FC4 for the dark shadows sli issue and now I should wait 3-4 more weeks for this 1.4 flickering to get fixed? as 1.3 was working fine for me? WTF is that?? A company like Ubisoft is not able to test a patch an a sli rig? Is that a joke? This is an aberration, it's not acting like a professional staff.

Also I had to manually roll back to 1.3 to be able to play in SLI a game I paid for!!!! Wow If I did not I would have to wait 3-5 weeks!!! It makes absolutely no sens. OOhhh I could play one hour with strobe flickering and pray for rain which disable the flickering... joke.

This would never happen with a company like Rockstar, cause they finish their games before to sell it. Nothing is more wrong than frustrating a player, which is a loyal customer, selling unfinished games to make a maximum profit for Christmas.

And do you think any official Ubisoft community manager would say a word about it? (except the usual "verify your local files and if it does not solve the problem contact the support") NO. Why? Cause they are bad person and dishonest people meprising customers and minorities like SLI users.

After that explanation, I am pretty sure you can easily understand why Ubisoft has lost a loyal customer.

paolo11
12-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Nothing personnal. It's just that am totally bored with Ubisoft. I had to wait more than 3 week to get a fix on FC4 for the dark shadows sli issue and now I should wait 3-4 more weeks for this 1.4 flickering to get fixed? as 1.3 was working fine for me? WTF is that?? A company like Ubisoft is not able to test a patch an a sli rig? Is that a joke? This is an aberration, it's not acting like a professional staff.

Also I had to manually roll back to 1.3 to be able to play in SLI a game I paid for!!!! Wow If I did not I would have to wait 3-5 weeks!!! It makes absolutely no sens. OOhhh I could play one hour with strobe flickering and pray for rain which disable the flickering... joke.

This would never happen with a company like Rockstar, cause they finish their games before to sell it. Nothing is more wrong than frustrating a player, which is a loyal customer, selling unfinished games to make a maximum profit for Christmas.

And do you think any official Ubisoft community manager would say a word about it? (except the usual "verify your local files and if it does not solve the problem contact the support") NO. Why? Cause they are bad person and dishonest people meprising customers and minorities like SLI users.

After that explanation, I am pretty sure you can easily understand why Ubisoft has lost a loyal customer.

How do you manually roll back to patch 1.3?

YazX_
12-21-2014, 05:46 PM

EDIT: i tried to replace ACU.exe 1.04 with 1.03 while keeping all other updated files and the FPS seems to be back to where it was, seems the problem from the exe not the map files.

i do understand your frustration and i also had and still having some problems with the game and i'm a loyal customer who bought the game same as yourself, maybe its not feasible to you or anyone who is using SLI, but for me i have given up on SLI, i have been using it for the last 6 years, it used to be awesome and Nvidia support was excellent, nowadays with every game either an improper SLI profile where you had to hunt for better SLI bits or no SLI profile at all and same result for bits hunting, i'm going solo now for single GTX 970 running game @ 2560 x 1440, and its doing very good job at keeping FPS in mid 40's. with latest Nvidia Drivers, i gained good FPS to make it jump into 50s, but the latest patch cut around 7-10 FPS, so the boost from drivers is gone.

i'm not sure if this issue can be fixed via drivers for a game patch since drivers play a very big role in this thing, so my theory is the latest patch fixed alot of things but broke Nvidia optimization for earlier code, so i think the fix should come from Nvidia in collaboration with Ubisoft.

i have also rolled back to 1.3 since losing 7-10 FPS is not an option for me.

How do you manually roll back to patch 1.3?

You cannot unless if you have a backup from the replaced files and launch UPlay in offline mode, if you need further help PM me.

EDIT: you need to replace ACU.exe only with 1.03 version.

behindtimes
12-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Someone posted a solution on the Technical Support forum to fix the flickering. I tried it, and it does fix it, at least for me.

When you start the game, immediately play Sequence 4, Memory 1. Then just quit the memory. Actually, any occurrence of rain will remove the flickering, but at least that memory is guaranteed to have rain.

bans3i
12-22-2014, 12:09 AM
I also have this issue with my GTX 980 SLI system.... :mad:

behindtimes
12-22-2014, 12:48 AM
As posted in the tech support forums:

Run Sequence 4, Memory 1 when you begin the game, and then quit the memory. The texture flickering should be gone then.

BYUSinger84
12-22-2014, 02:33 AM
As posted in the tech support forums:

Run Sequence 4, Memory 1 when you begin the game, and then quit the memory. The texture flickering should be gone then.

This is confirmed to work (tried it myself) however it is not a permanent solution but is a work around, meaning, you have to do this each time you enter the game.

paolo11
12-22-2014, 03:06 AM
This is confirmed to work (tried it myself) however it is not a permanent solution but is a work around, meaning, you have to do this each time you enter the game.

Will it also improve the fps?

paolo11
12-22-2014, 06:28 AM
EDIT: i tried to replace ACU.exe 1.04 with 1.03 while keeping all other updated files and the FPS seems to be back to where it was, seems the problem from the exe not the map files.

i do understand your frustration and i also had and still having some problems with the game and i'm a loyal customer who bought the game same as yourself, maybe its not feasible to you or anyone who is using SLI, but for me i have given up on SLI, i have been using it for the last 6 years, it used to be awesome and Nvidia support was excellent, nowadays with every game either an improper SLI profile where you had to hunt for better SLI bits or no SLI profile at all and same result for bits hunting, i'm going solo now for single GTX 970 running game @ 2560 x 1440, and its doing very good job at keeping FPS in mid 40's. with latest Nvidia Drivers, i gained good FPS to make it jump into 50s, but the latest patch cut around 7-10 FPS, so the boost from drivers is gone.

i'm not sure if this issue can be fixed via drivers for a game patch since drivers play a very big role in this thing, so my theory is the latest patch fixed alot of things but broke Nvidia optimization for earlier code, so i think the fix should come from Nvidia in collaboration with Ubisoft.

i have also rolled back to 1.3 since losing 7-10 FPS is not an option for me.

You cannot unless if you have a backup from the replaced files and launch UPlay in offline mode, if you need further help PM me.

EDIT: you need to replace ACU.exe only with 1.03 version.
/

I am still at 1.3 playing Uplay offline mode. How do I back up my files?

PM sent btw

YazX_
12-22-2014, 09:39 AM
/

I am still at 1.3 playing Uplay offline mode. How do I back up my files?

PM sent btw

Either you copy the whole game folder to another drive, or just backup the files that are being replaced by Patch 1.4, to know which files are being downloaded is easy, when UPlay starts downloading the patch, go to ACU installation folder and you will find a nested folder called uplay_download, open it and take a note of the files being downloaded, go back to ACU parent folder and copy the files that you noted by the patch.

for patch 1.4, it replaces DataPC_ACU_Paris.forge, DataPC_ACU_Versailles.forge, DataPC.forge, DataPC_10_dlc.forge (inside dlc_10 folder) and ACU.exe , then it adds some new files that ends with "_patch_03.forge".

so i took a backup from the files above, then copied version 1.3 of ACU.exe over 1.4 one keeping the rest of files to 1.4 and performance is back to where it was in 1.3 patch, im not sure about SLI, but it worth a try.

BYUSinger84
12-22-2014, 09:52 AM
Will it also improve the fps?

I have two GTX 770 4 gig cards running at 2560x1440 and I don't have FPS problems. I have everything maxed out except the AntiAliasing I am using FXAA which is good enough.

paolo11
12-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Either you copy the whole game folder to another drive, or just backup the files that are being replaced by Patch 1.4, to know which files are being downloaded is easy, when UPlay starts downloading the patch, go to ACU installation folder and you will find a nested folder called uplay_download, open it and take a note of the files being downloaded, go back to ACU parent folder and copy the files that you noted by the patch.

for patch 1.4, it replaces DataPC_ACU_Paris.forge, DataPC_ACU_Versailles.forge, DataPC.forge, DataPC_10_dlc.forge (inside dlc_10 folder) and ACU.exe , then it adds some new files that ends with "_patch_03.forge".

so i took a backup from the files above, then copied version 1.3 of ACU.exe over 1.4 one keeping the rest of files to 1.4 and performance is back to where it was in 1.3 patch, im not sure about SLI, but it worth a try.
/
Nice. I will give it a try. Can you earn achievements and play co op online though?

YazX_
12-23-2014, 04:11 PM
/
Nice. I will give it a try. Can you earn achievements and play co op online though?

Yes for now but not guaranteed to keep working if those online service got updated and expecting 1.4 patched files, so you might run into problems.

onmybikedrunk
01-06-2015, 06:34 AM
This WORKS! Replace ACU.exe v1.4 with v1.3

I am SURE I can't post a link here to my v1.3 file upload, but if you do a simple search on reddit you can find my instructional post on how to fix the 1.4 update for SLI PC users with a simple search using "ACU Patch 4 PC Fix SLI Flickering"

THANK YOU YAZX_ !!!! I gave you a shout out too ;)

IcarusLSC
01-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Why aren't they fixing this?
I have the same issue and it makes for a very bad play experience top the point I won't play now till its fixed.

The brightness is jacked too no matter what its set at. Overly bright in some areas and fine in others.
Very disappointing so far playing this game (image quality wise.)

onmybikedrunk
01-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Why aren't they fixing this?
I have the same issue and it makes for a very bad play experience top the point I won't play now till its fixed.

The brightness is jacked too no matter what its set at. Overly bright in some areas and fine in others.
Very disappointing so far playing this game (image quality wise.)

I felt the same way about not playing till they fix it, then I took it into my own hands. I replaced ACU.exe v1.4 with ACU.exe v1.3 which fixes it! I've had a few crashes when playing co-op games but nothing in story mode or any other "connected" missions. Try it! Go here: Reddit Post - Stop SLI Flickering ACU (http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/2rhi1s/acu_patch_4_140_pc_fix_for_sli_flickering_2/)

IcarusLSC
01-07-2015, 07:02 PM
I'm not screwing around with every game I buy from Ubi. I have issues with this and Far Cry 4. Great way to introduce new buggy games Ubi!

SSRaziel
01-10-2015, 01:12 AM
I'm not really sure this will ever actually be fixed. The official reply I received from Ubisoft support is that SLI and Crossfire are not fully supported and they then told me turn off one of my graphics cards to fix the issue...but Is this issue really that hard to fix on their end? To suggest to someone who has paid a lot of money for SLI to turn off a gpu is absolutely ridiculous, especially when it was working just fine before being patched into oblivion. You would think that an Nvidia Gameworks game would have full SLI support at all times. I shouldn't have to turn off one my gpu's or use a workaround that required starting and then quitting a certain mission every time I want to play. The mere fact that starting the Sequence 4 mission fixes the problem shows just how easy it should be for them to fix this. Oh well, even if Ubisoft does nothing to fix this, maybe an Nvidia driver will.

BlackLord049
01-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm not really sure this will ever actually be fixed. The official reply I received from Ubisoft support is that SLI and Crossfire are not fully supported and they then told me turn off one of my graphics cards to fix the issue...but Is this issue really that hard to fix on their end? To suggest to someone who has paid a lot of money for SLI to turn off a gpu is absolutely ridiculous, especially when it was working just fine before being patched into oblivion. You would think that an Nvidia Gameworks game would have full SLI support at all times. I shouldn't have to turn off one my gpu's or use a workaround that required starting and then quitting a certain mission every time I want to play. The mere fact that starting the Sequence 4 mission fixes the problem shows just how easy it should be for them to fix this. Oh well, even if Ubisoft does nothing to fix this, maybe an Nvidia driver will.
+1 !

IcarusLSC
01-10-2015, 02:16 PM
I have noticed the past few days that if I delete the intro videos (.bk2's) for starting the game, it doesn't do the flickering at all while playing.
The wacky brightness and jaggies are still there but at least its not flashing/flickering like mad!

SSRaziel
01-10-2015, 08:17 PM
I have noticed the past few days that if I delete the intro videos (.bk2's) for starting the game, it doesn't do the flickering at all while playing.
The wacky brightness and jaggies are still there but at least its not flashing/flickering like mad!

WOW!!

I can confirm that this actually works. I just tried it. Deleting the intro movies does indeed remove the flickering water textures. At least upon initial testing. Will need to to test more to see if it fixes permanently.

These are the files I deleted in order to fix this issue:

Go to this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Assassin's Creed Unity\videos (or the Uplay equivalent)

Delete or rename the following:
pc_TWIMTBP.bk2
UbisoftLogo.bk2

And in the folder for your language (for example, \en for English):
pc_WarningSaving.bk2
warning_disclaimer.bk2

When you delete/rename these files, it will take you directly to the press any key screen and you should see no flickering water upon loading game! This seems to me to be the best solution so far to fix flickering.

Thanks for posting fix IcarusLSC!

CCWR
01-10-2015, 11:23 PM
When you delete/rename these files, it will take you directly to the press any key screen and you should see no flickering water upon loading game! This seems to me to be the best solution so far to fix flickering.

Thanks for posting fix IcarusLSC!

yeap, that worked for me too. First descent solution for SLI flickering!!! Thanks mates

IcarusLSC
01-20-2015, 06:05 PM
Aiy, makes the game start so much faster too :)

vlad337
01-21-2015, 04:03 AM
When is patch 1.5 is comeing out what this to be updated asap

IcarusLSC
02-17-2015, 04:12 PM
Who knows with Ubi, neither them or NVidia seems interested in fixing this and others issues I'm having with their software and hardware. Been months now. They will feel it with our wallets in the end.

IcarusLSC
04-07-2015, 11:24 PM
It's great Ubi isn't fixing these issues as it proves us users right to complain about it.
Still not working Ubi!

I--Skeptik--I
04-08-2015, 12:05 AM
Geez guys, how have you not realized yet that Ubi is done with Unity??? The entire project was just a catalyst to learn what not to do with Victory. They no longer care about Unity. They have turned their focus onto other projects. When it comes to playability, Ubi always panders to the lowest common denominator. They do beta test their games, but on extremely common machines (that most people have). They don't test on obscure rig configurations and brands of cards and processors that are unpopular and especially not on SLI.

I for one do not like this, because IMO the whole point of playing on a PC and not a console is to be able to have what consoles can't. Amazing graphics, awesome resolutions and AA turned all the way up and not to mention constant 60 fps etc... But Ubi has never been a company that caters to that crowd (unfortunately).

I remember an interview (pc gamer, or maybe kotaku) where an Ubisoft dev said that they're not even sure how to manipulate their own engine they built Unity on.

You want to play a game that is specifically optimized for PC? Pickup GTA V next week. I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying.

IcarusLSC
04-08-2015, 12:11 AM
I am sure they won't care about Victory in a few months then either on that perception.

SLI is a lot more common now then you think, as seen from the size of the many, many threads on SLI issues in this forum alone.