PDA

View Full Version : Any noticeable improvements after patch 4?

topeira1980
12-19-2014, 10:47 AM
hi guys.

there are a few threads about problems that arouse from patch 4 or problems that were not solved by the patch, but i was just curious to see if there are any improvements that you can notice as well. something good to let ppl know about the state of the game. not just the bad.

though you can complain here, of course, but i know many expected frame rate improvements or other fixes and i was wondering if you notice any.

personally, ever since AMD released their omega drivers i could run the game on 40fps instead of 25fps (on my R9 280) with most settings on the highest (except AA which is on FXAA and shadows that are on low), which is amazing. so it's a little hard for me to notice improvements here, but i do think i notice a slight increase in fps to the mid 40s. so now i can enable the PCSS shadows and still remain over 35fps on 1050p.
over all the game runs really well IMO and should have run this way from the start. i am at the bottom of the minimum requirements yet i can play on the highest settings, which is awesome, considering the requirements.

im curious if this patch can allow ppl with GPUs like 650 or 750 or whatever run the game at 30fps somehow.

anyway, just curious to hear some thoughts on other things rather than "patch 4 broke my game", which is the purpose of the other threads.

Carfax83
12-19-2014, 10:55 AM
For me, performance noticeably improved, but I never had any performance issues to begin with so that wasn't my primary concern. Also, LoD pop in for NPCs has improved as well. It still happens, but it's not as noticeable as before in my opinion.

One thing I dislike is that now my textures are flickering, which is connected to the fact that I'm using SLI..

PREDATORS_RD
12-19-2014, 11:06 AM
No improvements with R9 270X 2GB OC.
I have 45 fps in HIGH but stuttering every 5 seconds.
This problem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJx1NnYyEOc
For me there are no changes.

Kadotus84
12-19-2014, 02:05 PM
No performance issues before patch, after 1.4 the game crashes at launch.

Camel_Inside
12-19-2014, 03:06 PM
No improvements with R9 270X 2GB OC.
I have 45 fps in HIGH but stuttering every 5 seconds.
This problem, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJx1NnYyEOc
For me there are no changes.

you install the Omega drivers? what is your OS? w 7 or w 8.1? try to remove CPU parking.

PREDATORS_RD
12-19-2014, 03:23 PM
i have windows 7, should I change to windows 8.1? and 32 or 64 bits? What is your GPU? Are you having stuttering?
Of course, i have omega drivers, that's why i have 45 fps in HIGH, before omega drivers i had 25 more or less, but stuttering every 5 seconds has not disappeared

Harmoniser1978
12-19-2014, 04:08 PM
FPS has become more stable I can run it in 4k, albeit no AA and shodows on high. FPS of around 25, which is smooth with a gsync monitor.

However SLI is now broken, before there was just stuttering, now there is stuttering and texture/reflection flickering. I think is pretty poor of the PC patch team (1). not to have noticed this (2). not said in the patch notes that they have done nothing with SLI. Some one is getting their P45 very soon.

PREDATORS_RD
12-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Guys, i have installed windows 8.1 and now stuttering has vanished.
Incredible, i think im lucky, i play the game in High with almost no problems, very playable