PDA

View Full Version : Question About Assassin's Creed Unity Patch On PS4

bioshocksurviver
12-19-2014, 09:41 AM
Okay, so I've had my PS4 for about a year now, and though I've gotten pretty used to how it works, I'm still not as familiar with it as I was the PS3. So apologies in advance if this is a stupid question.

So I just got Assassin's Creed Unity, but won't be playing it for a bit. Since I heard it had a pretty large patch, and my internet isn't exactly speedy, I went ahead and put the put the disc in to download the patch ahead of time (nothing like being anxious to jump into a game while watching a progress bar slowly fill up). Anyway, it just occurred to me that I've never installed a patch before the game itself, on PS4, anyway. Is it okay to have the patch installed before actually started up the game, or will that cause problems?

wvstolzing
12-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Is it okay to have the patch installed before actually started up the game, or will that cause problems?

From my limited experience: Yes, it's perfectly fine.

Aphex_Tim
12-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Yes, it's okay! When a patch is released for a game you have on your PS4, it will automatically download and install once you boot up the system. You don't have to start up the game itself for that. You can play any game in the meantime and the patch will simply continue downloading and installing. You'll get a notification once it's done!

bioshocksurviver
12-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Awesome, thanks!

HeJePi
12-19-2014, 04:21 PM
PS4 is great for the patch downloads and updates :D

I have a stupid question: When I want to end a game session, I push on the PS button and then I 'Close application' ...

Is it the right way to do or there is a 'Quit to DOS' option that I missed ?

bioshocksurviver
12-20-2014, 01:59 AM
That's the way I always quit games. Though I always go back to the game's main menu first, because I'm paranoid that I'll quit during an auto save and corrupt the data lol.