PDA

View Full Version : God What an Awful Ending *spoilers*

Element CL
12-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Is Arno even paying attention to the things going on around him? He shares a vision with a dead guy, and then goes "well, i am what i am, im just a guy, i live, i die, who cares"

Why did you guys take all that deep story and flush it down the toilet with all these weak characters and their lack of passion for anything? I don't even know how the gameplay was supposed to be after all the problems I had to wait to get fixed after playing halfway through the game....

How in the hell did that happen anyway? And the upside down heart in the skull. Dumb, I hated it, and I want you to apologize for it.

medavroog
12-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Arno Victor Pisspot Dorian isn't even a true assassin ... he followed his own little quest to please Elise de la Serre, he used the Brotherhood as well as betraying the Creed in order to achieve his personal goal. His teacher had high hopes for him because the mistake of placing pisspot into the shadow of his father - a true assassin. Even in the storyline, the pisspot admits he did everything for Elise de la Serre ... not for the mankind, not for the Brotherhood, not for the greater good. Well, that is alright because it is human nature ... but the pisspot crossed the line when he starts to use the Brotherhood to achieve his personal goals. It is an insult and a mockery to the Brotherhood in rewarding the "master assassin" outfit for the pisspot after finishing the main storyline ... it is just no​.

holydruid
12-19-2014, 02:16 PM
How about you don't freaking mention anything related to the ending in the title other than that the topic is about the ending, I don't want to be spoiled or know what kind of ending it would be. And I certainly don't want to expect a bad ending. fyi I don't read the post, just telling you to make better thread names. Ain't coming back to read responses.

medavroog
12-19-2014, 03:14 PM
... Why did you guys take all that deep story and flush it down the toilet with all these weak characters and their lack of passion for anything? ...

It continues to amaze me that, despite you have clearly stated this thread contains spoilers in the title, we still have einsteins coming and trolling this thread has spoilers​ despite the clear warning.

JohnConnor2012
12-19-2014, 09:38 PM
The history/politics is all effed up too. Why is Napoleon any better a tyrant than Robespierre and his, ahem, associates? And Mirabeau as head assassin, a man who sold out to an absolutist monarch? Ubi were out to lunch when they wrote ACU's plot.

PS: I agree with medavroog about the spoiler whiners. Don't read it if it says 'spoiler', just like the sticky says.

---
Slightly off-topic PPS: ACU is also full of temporal anomalies that I found really irksome. For example, you can recover Mirabeau's remains from the Pantheon while he's still alive, the women's march to Versailles can take place after the king's execution, and you can go poking around Robespierre's palace (he actually lived in a humble single room rented from one of his sans culottes buddies, BTW - it was Mirabeau who lived in a mansion in the Marais) long after his fall too. AC3 had its faults, but at least they got the effin' history in the right order.

MyAccountMax
12-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Arno Victor Dorian changes after the story. He explains that in the very end cutscene, so in the end-game free roam he is a true assassin. He learned from his mistakes, again he himself explains this very clearly.

Plus, the Co-Op missions Arno performed was not for Elise, nor the side missions.

Element CL
12-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Arno Victor Pisspot Dorian isn't even a true assassin ... he followed his own little quest to please Elise de la Serre, he used the Brotherhood as well as betraying the Creed in order to achieve his personal goal. His teacher had high hopes for him because the mistake of placing pisspot into the shadow of his father - a true assassin. Even in the storyline, the pisspot admits he did everything for Elise de la Serre ... not for the mankind, not for the Brotherhood, not for the greater good. Well, that is alright because it is human nature ... but the pisspot crossed the line when he starts to use the Brotherhood to achieve his personal goals. It is an insult and a mockery to the Brotherhood in rewarding the "master assassin" outfit for the pisspot after finishing the main storyline ... it is just no​.

That whole pisspot thing was way over done. I don't think there was single scene that old guy was in where he didn't say pisspot 3 times like he was trying to summon a toilet as if it were Beetlejuice.

But even given what you said about Arno using the Brotherhood, he still witnesses the technology of the first civilization, and the prophecy that that Germain shares with him out of body while he dies. I don't remember if he remarked on any of that at all. I don't care how selfish or cynical any character is supposed to be, you're gonna stop and think about these things for a while. It was such an egregious example of lazy storytelling, that I'm sure people who made it are laughing about it.

I mean it's not an awful game, but they should have called it something else. Maybe, Assassin's Promise, or Assassin's Shady Deal, or Assassin's Crossed Fingers. This was not up to Assassin's Creed Par.

medavroog
12-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Arno Victor Dorian changes after the story.

No, not really. The only change he has is in the mere fact he lost Elise de la Serre of whom should have been slain the moment she stepped into the Assassin's Hideout. The pisspot broke the Creed of endanger the Brotherhood by showing a templar the Brotherhood's base and members.

He explains that in the very end cutscene,

No, he didn't. What he explained is: we are masters of our own choices and actions, and any rules can be taken too seriously ... in other words, he is saying "screw the assassin's creed, I can do whatever I choose to do - not the tasks of someone else's command".

so in the end-game free roam he is a true assassin. He learned from his mistakes, again he himself explains this very clearly.

Like I stated above, the pisspot is far from a true assissin ... even after the main storyline. Do not forget ... he sided and helped yet another tyrant in friendship.

Plus, the Co-Op missions Arno performed was not for Elise, nor the side missions.

Like he said himself ... he did everything for Elise de la Serre: either to kill her enemies or to gain the trust of the Brotherhood to help Elise. ... and after her death, in the memories of her.

Sorry but no ... the pisspot is not even an assassin​.

Death_shade35
12-20-2014, 02:05 PM
It's basically same for Kenway though. He used the brotherhood early on and then became an assassin in the end.

medavroog
12-20-2014, 04:32 PM
It's basically same for Kenway though. He used the brotherhood early on and then became an assassin in the end.

In Edward Kenway story, we see the path which he became an assassin ... we played that in the storyline. However, in Arno Victor Dorian story ... we do not see that, and the ending self-narration really don't cut it. So, I hope the DLCs can help him to redeem himself ... or I will remain unable to accept him as a true assassin​.

NicoParasite
12-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Read the novel if you want to know what truly happened after the end of the game,it will tell you everything you need to know,anyway i accept Arno as an Assassin more than Edward.

RaulO4
12-20-2014, 06:28 PM
the story suck,

and even worst the story was all for nothing.

Yo we need you to find these body before the templar do....

after you beat the game, Well it seems we didn't even have to worry my bad.......keep on playing