PDA

View Full Version : BOB if not sooner

No3 Spit
01-03-2004, 09:16 PM
S!

As a suggestion, I'd really like to see downed pilots in the water, appear in life vest or raft and remain in the water for the duration of the mission, rather than the pilot spring boarding into the water never to be seen again..Also PBY's and future planned rescue planes should have a loadout for rescue equipment eg drops a life raft into the water etc..they sort of go hand in hand. ... flares either from a tower or mobile tower vehicle, in various colours would be nice....just a single flare that archs from the tower or vehicle and lands maybe bounces a couple of times along the ground?..... and the ability to place the home base icon anywhere, accompanied with areas of flat grass long and wide...........you know were I'm going..........S! and well done best sim ever already!!!!!!!!!
Spit

No3 Spit
01-03-2004, 09:16 PM
S!

As a suggestion, I'd really like to see downed pilots in the water, appear in life vest or raft and remain in the water for the duration of the mission, rather than the pilot spring boarding into the water never to be seen again..Also PBY's and future planned rescue planes should have a loadout for rescue equipment eg drops a life raft into the water etc..they sort of go hand in hand. ... flares either from a tower or mobile tower vehicle, in various colours would be nice....just a single flare that archs from the tower or vehicle and lands maybe bounces a couple of times along the ground?..... and the ability to place the home base icon anywhere, accompanied with areas of flat grass long and wide...........you know were I'm going..........S! and well done best sim ever already!!!!!!!!!
Spit

KSS_Shrike_UK
01-04-2004, 09:46 AM
great idea!. also, because of full real you kinda just sit around looking into the sky or the ground. that should be your punishment if you die, but bail out shout let you paddle your dighy, or run around on foot, so you could maybe continue watching the battle unfold.

Schuck
01-05-2004, 11:46 AM
I like it to.

Majesty5K
01-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Well, maritime operations were an important part of the BoB. In addition to the rescue aspect that you mentioned, the Germans had fast torpedo boats that caused some problems with convoys IIRC... And air/sea rescue was a not-unimportant factor in getting RAF pilots back into service after being shot down in the Channel, an advantage which the Germans really didn't have.

Mike_Green
01-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Cool idea! I'll fly the Shagbat!

Previously known round these parts as mikeyg007

RAAFVirt75th
01-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Support this one

RAAFVirt75th
01-06-2004, 08:54 AM
I fully support No.457 Spits concepts

In fact I corresponded with Gibbage on this same topic at the end of last year.

My e-mail to Gibbage along the lines:

"I also was thinking that FB could have a whole new dimension added if the PBY could actually pick up pilots from the ocean e.g. search and rescue. Currently when a pilot bails out - you usually see them running and then diving on the ground or into the ocean after touched down. Could something be programmed so that the pilot stay's in the ocean (unless you select refly) and that when a PBY arrives within say 10 feet - the pilot then gets up again and runs or dives into the PBY (e.g. attracted to the PBY as an object) . e.g. a search and rescue mission using voice comms (which currently exists e.g. team speak etc) . The PBY could fly around and pick up downed pilots from the ocean- and you get points or whatever if you return them safely to base e.g. landing the plane back at water base in a coop mission without being shot down etc".
"Would it be possible to allow downed pilots to be picked up from the ocean?"

Cheers
_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAFVirt75th
01-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Gibbage responded

"...AS for downed pilots, Iam guessing its somethng you could possibly do in the mission builder? I dont think Oleg will make it a game play part of IL2 simply because it will take a lot of programming to do it"

Anyway, hoping Oleg will read our posts on this PBY search and rescue concept as it would add a whole new dimension over and beyond - bombing and dog fighting missions.

Oleg What are your thoughts? Can it be done? Is it a lot of programming for the expansion pack to put in?

Need the PBY flyable in the expansion pack to start with.

RAAFVirt75th
01-09-2004, 03:33 AM
457 Spit keep up the good ideas mate. I really hope PBY search and rescue type missions can get off the ground.

p1ngu666
01-09-2004, 10:44 AM
germans had air sea rescue stuff too
it would be cool
could have the pilot switch to a lil dingy once in the water http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
and ai aircraft disapear after mission, so they could disapear when pby is alongsidehttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
i did think of making a lil boat in 3dsmax but im a complete noob and so its far above my skill levelhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RAAFVirt75th
01-09-2004, 10:24 PM
p1ngu666 great ideas mate