PDA

View Full Version : Need Help to all ubisoft staff

QAS_HITMAN
12-19-2014, 12:00 AM
Hi, there I will like to speak to the assassin creed/ ubisoft management team. I have had this game for a month now, Everytime, I have played this game. The game has freezed. Money is tough these days. I spent 44 on this game. And I can't even play this game continuously for 5 minutes without it lagging. Please I need help, I need some sort of compensation. I am thinking about breaking this broken game. I don't feel that this game is even worth 10. A free dlc doesn't make up for me. As the game going to lag any way for me. Thanks if you can help.

D.I.D.
12-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Did you buy it from a UK shop? If so, you don't need to ask Ubisoft for a refund - just go back to the shop. (It might be more complicated if you bought it from the online Ubishop.) Trading Standards clarified this a few years ago over an infamously buggy CoD release: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/281679/buggy-game-purchasers-entitled-to-refund/

Be aware of this point:

Rook added that gamers wanting a refund should stop using the game immediately, otherwise they may only be entitled to claim for damages.
"If consumers wish to exert their statutory rights, they should stop using the game immediately as if they continue to use it they might lose the right to reject it and might then be entitled only to damages," Rook said.

The Consumer Rights Bill is on its third round of readings and adjustments, and adds specific provisions for sales of digital goods. Shops ought to honour your consumer rights anyway. I've had mp3 purchases refunded without any questions, because the encoding was poor.

QAS_HITMAN
12-19-2014, 08:54 AM
Hi there, I wont be able to get a refund since its been a month when i purchased it, i waited tis long i thought all the lagging will get patched up. I dont see offeing me one free dlc. For a 44 pound fair. Also it will mean anything to me as the games is not playBle anyway. Pleaae can you do something. I have some sort of consumer rights.

HeJePi
12-19-2014, 02:08 PM
If you cannot get a refund ... then I suggest you can sell it on eBay :D

D.I.D.
12-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Hi there, I wont be able to get a refund since its been a month when i purchased it, i waited tis long i thought all the lagging will get patched up. I dont see offeing me one free dlc. For a 44 pound fair. Also it will mean anything to me as the games is not playBle anyway. Pleaae can you do something. I have some sort of consumer rights.

Sorry, I should have pointed out that I'm not a Ubisoft staff member! I only answered because nobody else did.

Your shop might be more flexible over the one-month rule. Strictly speaking you're only covered for a full refund for four weeks, but I think this could be considered a special case (maybe ask to speak to a manager, and take print-outs of some of the gaming news headline stories about ACU between launch and after Patch 4, pointing out that problems remain?). Regardless, you should still be entitled to a partial refund or an exchange. Since ACU is still not running to an acceptable standard for you, they might consider swapping it for another game. Strictly speaking, you should always make your complaint as soon as you realise there's a problem, but with a game that's tricky. Ubisoft announced that there would be patches, you waited patiently for them, but only now with the 4th patch do you realise that there's no likelihood of them being fixed, so in that sense you are making your complaint immediately.

Aside from the one-month rule, there's also the right to return a product within six months unless the shop can prove the goods weren't faulty when they sold them. As with everything regarding video games, the lines are a bit fuzzy because they're not like a hairdryer or a microwave oven, but this standard might still apply. Refer to The Sale And Supply Of Goods To Consumers Regulations.

"Satisfactory quality" is a really tricky term to define, which is why these disputes usually stand or fall on what can be considered "reasonable". As perhaps the most disastrous major game launch in years, you've got a lot to point to in order to back up your complaint.

If the shop agrees that the game is poor quality but tells you it's not their responsibility and to contact the manufacturer, you should not accept this. It's their job to fix this, not yours.

[edit] I just found you a link that might help, which breaks down your rights under UK law: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

QAS_HITMAN
12-19-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks I really want to speak to the member of ubisoft. I want to say I do not want the free dlc which they will give in the form a compensation. As it would mean nothing to me. I will be really content with another ubisoft title.