PDA

View Full Version : Finished ACU

Bigodon
12-18-2014, 11:21 PM
this was my shortest ac ever, i finish with about 60% of completion / around 79% of trophies
well lets list what i like and what i hated

liked, loved, good:
+ character customization (the whole customization design)
+ helix missions ... only 3 places!? come on, also they are too short
+ coop missions ... well done and implemented
+ settings and places to visit or enter ... i loved the interiors
+ parkour ... when this works is awesome, better than any previous ac
+ paris is beautiful (closing my eyes to the parity bullsh*t, low quality textures, blurry mess)
+ creative missions like murder mistery and nostradamus

disliked, hated, feel ugly:
- main mission was short and uninspired (i expected more from brotherhood, and more from revolution)
- side quests like history from paris aren't cool and is too much repetitive
- i didn't liked Arno, or at least he is far away to be remarkable (Ezio, Altair, Edward > Arno), easily.
- combat is too simplified, nerfed things, missing from previous ac like hidden blade combat
- what the hell is happen to present? abstergo, juno, etc.
- npc/crowd ... dumb, awkward stupid, useless
- companion app to unlock stuff and the initiates ... please, just stop i'd rather crafted missions to unlock my outfits and weapons
- all clusterfck involving this launch, too much bugs, awful performance

i have big concerns for AC Victory after unity, i can easy say unity in a most general understand is the disappointment of the year... why? i was so pumped with hype and this not fulfilled my expectations.

carneyguy
12-19-2014, 05:25 AM
im afried unity is going to be like ac2 brotherhood and revolations, and just be yet another trail for more money. unty feels like 2 again. with some polish.

Element CL
12-19-2014, 07:22 AM
im afried unity is going to be like ac2 brotherhood and revolations, and just be yet another trail for more money. unty feels like 2 again. with some polish.

I think I read on wikipedia that the guy who started the series left with the end of Ezio when whats his name in modern times gets sacrificed to save the world. It certainly seems like the effort to keep the story going took a nose dive after that.

I understand that new games need to innovate, at least thats what everyone says. But they really threw any kind of solid continuity of plot out the window. Where they hell is the ghost they freed when the Ezio relative dies? She's out running amok now right? I feel like I missed 3 games somehow where all kind of important stuff happened.

DA SHIZZLE IG
12-19-2014, 07:51 AM
lol everybody pretty much gave this same exact review.

Just goes to show you that all these big gaming reporters/reviewers are full of crap and probably take payola. Their reviews are completely different from actual gamers reviews.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-19-2014, 07:57 AM
lol everybody pretty much gave this same exact review.

Just goes to show you that all these big gaming reporters/reviewers are full of crap and probably take payola. Their reviews are completely different from actual gamers reviews.

many big time editors review based on hype... Unity definitely falls in the 8s range EASILY....
They set an expectation and review based on an expectation rather than what is really at hand....
Its ubisofts fault reall.. this is 4 games in a row where the protagonist and story portrayed in trailer (Arno, Shay, Edward, Adawale) was never delivered
Arno is a badass out to save france - nope, love story
Shay is a badass templar out to hunt down the assassins - nope he's a childish punk that runs into ice and has anti climatic run ins with the north american order
Adawale is a badass runaway slave, out to do right for his people - nope he just wants to give some girl a box
Edward is a ******bag with a struggle between the love for his wife and his womanizing and selfish ways - nope hes jack sparrow.

Bigodon
01-11-2015, 10:58 AM
i'm only one trophy to plantium
the hatest ac i ever feel probably will be my first 100% ac, my closest 100% ac was ac2 on xbox 360
karma is a b*tch

this is getting harder to do, i have to do the 100% sync on story missions
well.. this is bloody easy to be fair, but i'm having a hard time to complete some simple tasks due the awful combat and gameplay

example:
i only can kill from hidden spots if i'm fully incognito, if i got inside the cabin under yellow awareness and enemy stop in front of this cabin when i'm hidding inside, i cannot perform a kill
this is so dumb and fustrating ubi, since there are no other enemies searching for me and your crappy npc doesn't allow me to kill him, wrost.. he enters in this cabin WITH ME inside and some time later he just disapear from map.

some parkour issues just ruin many attempts of doing challenges, and made me rage quit sometimes

a quick strong and serious feedback:
never, i said never ever put 9.999.999.999 chests/collectibles again, this is NOT funny, this is time consuming, this is not rewardful
please ask for yours marvelous game designer just STOP doing things like that