PDA

View Full Version : patch 4 out? Unity downloading a 2.9 GB patch right now.

softgunforever
12-18-2014, 09:37 PM
titles says all, steam is currently downloading something for Unity at 2.9 GB.

whalechan
12-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Yop, seeing an update as well. Though its in queue still and shows 39.1 GB lol.

pbsec
12-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Well,for uplay I don`t see anything.

whalechan
12-18-2014, 09:56 PM
It's in steam for me.

jarvisjones
12-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Well,for uplay I don`t see anything.

they upload it to steam and not their server so we get nothing. :o ubisoft finding new ways to piss off their customers every day

danno77
12-18-2014, 10:02 PM
oh they forgot about uplay :D

YazX_
12-18-2014, 10:03 PM
they upload it to steam and not their server so we get nothing. :o ubisoft finding new ways to piss off their customers every day

Just hold on a little bit, if it made it through on steam, then it will roll out to uplay very soon.

pbsec
12-18-2014, 10:12 PM
Just hold on a abit, if it made it through on steam, then it will roll out to uplay very soon.

Fist Uplay and then Steam...not the other way around.

softgunforever
12-18-2014, 10:13 PM
well, im in game now, and i see no change to my performance yet, so maybe it is not the expected patch, besides, it was only 2.9 GB, i suspect Patch 4 will be much larger.

whalechan
12-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Downloaded, game seems to be running nicely (I dare say smoother, but can be placebo). Sadly the AMD driver issue remained, maybe a new driver will fix it later.

pdc1983
12-18-2014, 10:15 PM
well, im in game now, and i see no change to my performance yet, so maybe it is not the expected patch, besides, it was only 2.9 GB, i suspect Patch 4 will be much larger.

does it say 1.4.0 in the main menu when the game starts? lower right corner.

whalechan
12-18-2014, 10:16 PM
Yeah it does.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2239466/onepointfour.jpg

thanks for checking. should be patch 4 then. sounds like you guys aren't seeing much of a difference though

There may be more to it, but as you can see on my screenshot I have bigger issues than that :D

pdc1983
12-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah it does.

thanks for checking. should be patch 4 then. sounds like you guys aren't seeing much of a difference though

softgunforever
12-18-2014, 10:26 PM

yup, seems it is, no difference on my end though, the menus are still incredibly laggy, and the game is only just running fast enough for me to enjoy it. (i think maybe 25-28 FPS while in combat, 20-25 FPS in large crowds, im not picky when it comes to performance, i can still enjoy the game, i'd just like to run it a bit smoother, also tried turning graphics down all the way.

armand1880
12-18-2014, 10:35 PM
Did the patch break the game for anyone else?
Downloaded 2.9 GB file through Steam. Now when I load up the game, the logos pop up, but as soon as the Assassin's Creed UNITY logo pops up, it loads half way, then crashes to desk top. The game is still running, I can hear the music, but my cursor is gone, and when I try to alt-tab back to the game, nothing happens. I can only see my cursor when I open the task manager to shut it down.
I've verified cache files through Steam, nothing happened. Restarted, did not help.
Any suggestions?
If I have to delete the whole thing and reinstall fresh, will my progress be saved? I have 13 hours into the game and if I have to restart from the beginning I'll just drop it at this point. I've bought every AC game at launch, and this is really putting me off.

whalechan
12-18-2014, 10:38 PM
If I have to delete the whole thing and reinstall fresh, will my progress be saved? I have 13 hours into the game and if I have to restart from the beginning I'll just drop it at this point. I've bought every AC game at launch, and this is really putting me off.

In any case, you can try backing up your saves. I used this tool: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games

danno77
12-18-2014, 10:39 PM
sounds like a 'decent' patch, oh and it is not available for Uplay version though....

vain.hiel.
12-18-2014, 10:43 PM
kinda funny steam got it first rather than uplay :confused:

still waiting for uplay sheesh.

Autistic_G4ym3r
12-18-2014, 10:49 PM
kinda funny steam got it first rather than uplay :confused:

still waiting for uplay sheesh.

Me too....

Lignjoslav
12-18-2014, 11:01 PM
well, im in game now, and i see no change to my performance yet, so maybe it is not the expected patch, besides, it was only 2.9 GB, i suspect Patch 4 will be much larger.What version is the game showing?

danno77
12-18-2014, 11:02 PM
What version is the game showing?

Aenigmatix
12-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Confirmed. I am also downloading a 2.9 GB update through Steam right now.

Fingers crossed this improves performance! I'll post back here once I've had the chance to try it out.

vain.hiel.
12-18-2014, 11:11 PM
sigh.

even steam handles patches better =.="

BatJoe1
12-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Where is the Uplay 1.4 patch? This is bull****

ecocrash
12-18-2014, 11:17 PM
One can tolerate a lot of things which may be out of Ubisofts control or even to facilitate a better eventual outcome, but a delay in downloading on the publishers proprietary delivery platform, which we are forced to accept and when a rival gets precedence, that is just not acceptable, please sort it out asap.

vain.hiel.
12-18-2014, 11:18 PM
One can tolerate a lot of things which may be out of Ubisofts control or even to facilitate a better eventual outcome, but a delay in downloading on the publishers proprietary delivery platform, which we are forced to accept and when a rival gets precedence, that is just not acceptable, please sort it out asap.

:D

Animator_Alex
12-18-2014, 11:21 PM
Uplay patch will be released tomorrow according to this. http://steamcommunity.com/app/289650/discussions/0/626329820758248258/

holydruid
12-18-2014, 11:25 PM
Uplay patch will be released tomorrow according to this. http://steamcommunity.com/app/289650/discussions/0/626329820758248258/

It's the 19th tomorrow

Still nothing on Uplay.. how is that even possible, it hits steam before their own client?

BatJoe1
12-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Crazy... for some reason the Uplay version needs another day in the back-burner? This game is so messed up.

koperkuba
12-18-2014, 11:27 PM
I see on Steam: Platforms: Steam available 12/18/14 and on Uplay 12/19/14 :)

psychic717
12-18-2014, 11:28 PM

It also says that the update is 6.7GB, so the 2.9GB download on Steam isn't Patch 4 (or at least all of it).

pdc1983
12-18-2014, 11:30 PM

so it's coming to the competing platform first? that's just awesome...

softgunforever
12-18-2014, 11:32 PM
It also says that the update is 6.7GB, so the 2.9GB download on Steam isn't Patch 4 (or at least all of it).

man, i hope that is true, it would make sense, the update was supposed to be so major, i still have a hard time believing it is only 2.9 GB, so im with you on this.

hlchade
12-18-2014, 11:40 PM
So Steam finished downloading the 2.9GB patch (although the posted patch notes say it should be 6.7 ...) and I booted it up and played for about 15 minutes ... Not really seeing any improvements, to be honest. I bore witness to rave Paris (strobing ground textures) for about five minutes before it sorted itself out; which I was expecting, unfortunately, as it aligns with reports coming from other SLI users.

Loaded up the first Belle Epoch mission and had the game seize (not full on crash, just cease functioning for 15 seconds or so) three times over the course of the three minutes. Which has only happened twice in the open world over however many hours I've played thus far and never in a rift mission.

So ... Uplay users, I don't know- you may want to count your blessings on this one ... because I'm not entirely sure what this download fixed.

Also hoping this is true, despite the version number updating to 1.4.0.

Aenigmatix
12-18-2014, 11:41 PM
I have the update and I've just finished testing it out a little bit.

Bear in mind, my performance issues have not been as bad as how others have reported, but I have suffered from constant stuttering and significant FPS drops in certain areas, like Cafe Theatre and Notre Dame.

The stuttering seems to still be present, although less frequent than it used to be.

Notre Dame and Cafe Theatre now run very smoothly. No significant dips in FPS.

Free running throughout Paris is noticeably smoother, but I'd still say Ubisoft could seek to improve on the stuttering. That said, the stuttering is merely a tiny annoyance, one that doesn't detract much from my overall enjoyment of and ability to play the game.

The glitch with the Club member list is still present, it shows my name repeatedly instead of showing me the members of my club. But I didn't expect Patch 4 to fix this, I think that's something Ubisoft ill address when Club Comps are released.

Matchingmaking takes as long as it used to for me pre-patch. But that isn't saying much, because I've always been able to find co-op games within a couple minutes of searching. No significant improvements here, then.

I played two co-op missions and I noticed a significantly smoother experience than I ever have. No glitches, lag, or complications. So far, this is the biggest improvement I can note about patch 4.

I'll post a bit more later after I've had more time to see how things are running. But so far I think Patch 4 is a success, save for the persistent stuttering now and then. How well this patch improves things for you I think will obviously depend heavily on your hardware.

psychic717
12-19-2014, 12:00 AM
I have the update and I've just finished testing it out a little bit.

Bear in mind, my performance issues have not been as bad as how others have reported, but I have suffered from constant stuttering and significant FPS drops in certain areas, like Cafe Theatre and Notre Dame.

The stuttering seems to still be present, although less frequent than it used to be.

Notre Dame and Cafe Theatre now run very smoothly. No significant dips in FPS.

Free running throughout Paris is noticeably smoother, but I'd still say Ubisoft could seek to improve on the stuttering. That said, the stuttering is merely a tiny annoyance, one that doesn't detract much from my overall enjoyment of and ability to play the game.

The glitch with the Club member list is still present, it shows my name repeatedly instead of showing me the members of my club. But I didn't expect Patch 4 to fix this, I think that's something Ubisoft ill address when Club Comps are released.

Matchingmaking takes as long as it used to for me pre-patch. But that isn't saying much, because I've always been able to find co-op games within a couple minutes of searching. No significant improvements here, then.

I played two co-op missions and I noticed a significantly smoother experience than I ever have. No glitches, lag, or complications. So far, this is the biggest improvement I can note about patch 4.

I'll post a bit more later after I've had more time to see how things are running. But so far I think Patch 4 is a success, save for the persistent stuttering now and then. How well this patch improves things for you I think will obviously depend heavily on your hardware.

Thanks for posting your experience.
Everyone is saying the patch did nothing but I think they haven't played enough to really see the difference. Also, people should go to specific places like Café Theatre and Notre Dame to see if there is an improvement, the patch isn't supposed to help framerate globally as I see it, but on certain problematic locations.

P.S.: I have the game but haven't started it yet.

BCFreeman
12-19-2014, 01:36 AM
"For those who own Assassin’s Creed: Unity through Steam (so nobody in the UK, then,) the game should update to Patch 4 (1.4.0) today. For some reason, Uplay will not be getting it until tomorrow (19 December.)" - INCGamers

janomcseitan
12-19-2014, 01:56 AM
man, i hope that is true, it would make sense, the update was supposed to be so major, i still have a hard time believing it is only 2.9 GB, so im with you on this.

Patch 4 release date: December 18th
Platforms: Steam available 12/18/14 and on Uplay 12/19/14
Size: 2.9 GB

Numbtoyou
12-19-2014, 02:11 AM
Just got the patch installed and loaded. Things do seem to be a bit smoother. Though ( and I admit I may be wrong), it seems to me they changed when the full res textures on npcs are shown, seems like you need to be much closer. I never noticed it change as I ran down a street before, but its very noticeable now, and trees/foilage seem "flatter". Again, maybe I just didn't notice before. I get no more stutter, but have a fairly high end pc.

That said, it does still look good, but maybe some of you with better eyes ( or pre patched games), can take a look before and after.

PS4PCHub
12-19-2014, 02:19 AM
titles says all, steam is currently downloading something for Unity at 2.9 GB.

Is it a joke??? Seriously? I had been waiting for weeks for this patch it is finally out and then it rendered my game unplayable. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH. It makes the game crash in the title screen. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Please. Ubisoft went lower than it was ever possible in terms of quality control.

vain.hiel.
12-19-2014, 03:03 AM
Is it a joke??? Seriously? I had been waiting for weeks for this patch it is finally out and then it rendered my game unplayable. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE PATCH. It makes the game crash in the title screen. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Please. Ubisoft went lower than it was ever possible in terms of quality control.

have you tried verifying the cache first? sometimes updates got messed up

Walter_white_
12-19-2014, 06:05 AM
Why would they put it to steam before their own platform? Uplay.

wootwoots
12-19-2014, 08:12 AM
After reading the steam patch note i dont really see anything related to performance issue except somes little fix..

W T freaking F !?

1- Ubi sell a pre alpha game with terrible performance
2- They troll pc gamer and fix nothing performance wise, when they was supposed to do so...

Alright !
Also if a 6gb + patch is coming why the 2.9gb ( that look to fix nothing about performance say its the 1.4 version.... )
No wonder why so many ppl dont give them money for their ""games"" since they absolutely have NO respect for their customer...... Just saying

Ubisoft marketing tactic : "look we do wonderfull games, but hey, you wont be able to play them decently because its totaly broken and not optimized, and we dont even release the promised "performance patch" "

Great job Ubi ! really.

Riffnugget
12-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Apparently I can download patch 4 on uPlay... its 5.4GB which to me is strange. People are reporting that the patch is 2.9GB on steam, but the release notes say 6.7GB... weird. Well, I will post my experience once its done.

Anykeyer
12-19-2014, 08:50 AM
Steam patches are always smaller bc Steam doesnt re-download all updated files, it only downloads the difference between new and old. For example if a game has 10gb file and only 10 bytes of it was changed, Uplay would download 10gb, but steam about 5 bytes (bc it would also zip those 10 bytes).

dex3108
12-19-2014, 09:04 AM
Apparently I can download patch 4 on uPlay... its 5.4GB which to me is strange. People are reporting that the patch is 2.9GB on steam, but the release notes say 6.7GB... weird. Well, I will post my experience once its done.

Steam changed their content system last year and files are compressed usually that is why Steam downloads are smaller.

Riffnugget
12-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Steam patches are always smaller bc Steam doesnt re-download all updated files, it only downloads the difference between new and old. For example if a game has 10gb file and only 10 bytes of it was changed, Uplay would download 10gb, but steam about 5 bytes (bc it would also zip those 10 bytes).

Wow I didn't know that. Yet another reason why Steam is superior to uPlay.

Carfax83
12-19-2014, 09:57 AM
Patch is out now on Uplay, downloading at 15 MB/s here so it should be done soon. I'll post my experiences afterwards.. :)

UncleScottie
12-19-2014, 10:11 AM
Its been 3 weeks and this piece of crap game doesnt work. Wrote a ticket 10 days ago, still no anwser. I can't start the game. ACU.exe stopped working. I literally tried everything I found in the forums and internet. I want my money back!

vain.hiel.
12-19-2014, 10:28 AM
Steam changed their content system last year and files are compressed usually that is why Steam downloads are smaller.

yeap. if u guys haven't noticed it yet, steam files download are usually half the real size. like if u installed something digitally, (take skyrim for example), the download size would be only 9.1gb or something. but once it's installed in ur pc, it's a whooping 20+gb. don't get surprised if u check ur steam folder size, it may be even bigger than 300gb (mine is 600gb with like 15 games in)

vain.hiel.
12-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Its been 3 weeks and this piece of crap game doesnt work. Wrote a ticket 10 days ago, still no anwser. I can't start the game. ACU.exe stopped working. I literally tried everything I found in the forums and internet. I want my money back!

i too got those crashes now and then, but usually it's because i was tweaking with my graphic card. do u oc anything? if not then yeah it's unity

GrazRob09
12-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Patch has massively improved performance for me with the new nividia beta drivers. Constant 60fps at 1080p maxed out with FXAA. NPC pop in is much better too. For me it's s night and day improvement.

4790k + 980gtx, which helps of course..

Riffnugget
12-19-2014, 10:39 AM
After downloading the patch via uPlay, I'm afraid to say it actually runs worse. My game was running fine before the update, then I downloaded and applied the patch. I then launched the game, and I noticed there is MORE mouse lag in the menus. Still being hopeful, I clicked 'continue' but then the game crashed. What.... The... Eff....
So I restarted the game, clicked continue... and it didn't crash this time BUT there is more stutter and lag.

This is getting so bad... why do they not extensively test out patches before releasing them to the public?? I mean no disrespect to Ubisoft or the forum mods, but what the heck is going on? I sincerely hope another patch gets released soon to counteract this mess.

Running latest 347.09 beta driver
GTX 780TI

D51-ClaudioACSy
12-19-2014, 10:48 AM
I tried to go to Sainte Chapelle to see if there was a difference with this patch, but I noticed nothing in the graphics.

TXAA still look worse than FXAA, with little white points and blurry textures :confused: So for me, it was very good before and it's still very good after :) Nothing change.

I don't know who Ubisoft or NVIDIA is guilty for the fact that TXAA looks like sh....instead of FXAA looks heavenly beautiful !!!

Carfax83
12-19-2014, 10:50 AM
OK, after testing out the patch, I can say that it's a mixture of both good and bad. The good is that performance has definitely improved, and so has LoD pop in for NPCs..

The bad is that now I'm getting texture flickering, and I'm sure it's related to SLI. When I turn SLI off, the flickering disappears. With SLI on, it returns. So it seems that NVidia or Ubisoft will have to fix this, likely NVidia with a new SLI profile or driver update.