PDA

View Full Version : Unity Patch wayyyyy too big

bsmooth123
12-18-2014, 04:32 PM
C'mon 6.7Gb! I understand having to have updates and patches but thats just too big. I'm a huge fan of the Assassin Creed series, but theres no way I would get this game now, unless the patch is going to be included on the game when I get it.
What the game companies just don't seem to get is that everyone doesn't have lightening speed internet service. When I downloaded WarThunder, it took overnight, probably around 12 hours to download, and that took 3 tried because of outages.
So is the patch goingto be on the disc eventually with a newer version, or is everyone going to have to try and downlaod 6.7 GB of update that should have been right in the first place ?

Jackdaw951
12-18-2014, 07:50 PM
What system? The XO doesn't lose downloading progress because of outages (network or power). Resuming downloads is a mature technology now, so I'm going to guess that the PS4 won't lose it either.

Get used to patches of several GB. The new-gen games are often dozens of GB in size. I just installed Forza Horizon 2 last night, and that had a 2.9GB update. Just be thankful you didn't have to redownload the entire 40GB ACU game, like many of us XO players did, because Ubisoft didn't test the update properly.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-18-2014, 08:35 PM
Welcome to next gen.
I have a 2TB hard drive in my PS4.... it willl more than likely be very needed :D
Idk how PC works but as Jackdaw said.. PS4 doesnt lose progress because of outages.. my internet and powerwent out a couple times during the download.
(happens a lot in winter because of heaters and such)

wvstolzing
12-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I suspect that these are combo updates, rather than incremental; hence the ungodly size.

DisbandedBox359
12-18-2014, 09:16 PM
No sympathy when Im having to download all 40gb of it :( haha

bsmooth123
12-18-2014, 09:31 PM
The problem isn't the game companies, its us accepting the fact the games don't run out of the box so to speak. If thats what you want to get used to, be my guest. I couldn't download 40Gb If I tried. I can't watch streaming material either so thats out.
If it ain't on the disc then the game goes back, I get a refund, and I get something that does work. Enjoy the downloads.

MegaRock35
12-18-2014, 09:42 PM
I suspect that these are combo updates, rather than incremental; hence the ungodly size.

It's more likely because they had to redo the mesh for some buildings on the Paris map. "Refurbish" in this case was basically "remodel."

Jon253
12-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Went to play last night on the PS4, it told me it had 7 more hours to go for the patch. I watched a movie instead, this is the main reason I buy physical games instead of downloading them.