PDA

View Full Version : Project Siren made no sense

lonelygod91
12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
The whole idea of Project Siren has never made sense to me. Vidic and Lucy's goal was to retrieve Ezio's Apple to use in their satellite launch. However, why on earth did they need to spend so much time tricking Desmond, covertly following the Assassins and faffing around with this one artefact when they had other Apples in their possession? The glyphs in ACII show that Abstergo found one Apple on the Moon and took another from JFK during his assassination. As far as I know, these Apples remained with the Templars and I don't remember it ever being stated that they lost them. So, why not use one of those Apples for the satellite? Why bother with Desmond at all? Has this ever been addressed by Ubisoft?

Fatal-Feit
12-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Maybe because it was their own project so they had to fund their own PoE? Iunno, the MD lore never intrigued to me.

JamesFaith007
12-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Question is - are all Apple identical? Or they just share some basic abilities and core information in them are different?

Assassin_M
12-18-2014, 07:49 PM
There is nothing to suggest that Abstergo held on to the apples that they found. We know what happened to Altair's: they accidentally destroyed it. That's the only Apple that's been said explicitly to be in Abstergo's possession in Desmond's time. Other than that, the apples' histories only stop at certain eras and as stated, there's nothing to suggest that Abstergo held on to them. Emails and lore suggest that only Altair's Apple was in their possession and it got destroyed, triggering the search for another one.

lonelygod91
12-18-2014, 08:44 PM
There is nothing to suggest that Abstergo held on to the apples that they found. We know what happened to Altair's: they accidentally destroyed it. That's the only Apple that's been said explicitly to be in Abstergo's possession in Desmond's time. Other than that, the apples' histories only stop at certain eras and as stated, there's nothing to suggest that Abstergo held on to them. Emails and lore suggest that only Altair's Apple was in their possession and it got destroyed, triggering the search for another one.

That's always been my assumption but I'm surprised Ubisoft haven't confirmed this or clarified things. Because, as it stands, those glyphs in ACII cause a bit of a plot hole. Seems odd they haven't addressed this fully. I tweeted Darby about this the other day to hear his thoughts but he hasn't got back to me yet.

Assassin_M
12-18-2014, 08:48 PM
That's always been my assumption but I'm surprised Ubisoft haven't confirmed this or clarified things. Because, as it stands, those glyphs in ACII cause a bit of a plot hole. Seems odd they haven't addressed this fully. I tweeted Darby about this the other day to hear his thoughts but he hasn't got back to me yet.
There's no plot hole if nothing had been said. It's all open to interpretation. Emails said that Abstergo only had Altair's apple and got it destroyed in Desmond's time, which triggered the search for another one. That by default means that something happened to the other Apples. The glyphs then said that Abstergo had 3 apples up until the 1980s. Anything could have happened to those apples between the 80s and Desmond's time. There's no contradiction, I think.

He might take a bit.

wvstolzing
12-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I don't think there's a contradiction with respect to the Apples either.

As to the 'project' as a whole -- I guess it's impossible to tell whether it had a real point, because they didn't follow up on it at all after ACB.

Hans684
12-18-2014, 09:02 PM
^ They couldn't without Lucy. She was the main part of the project.

wvstolzing
12-18-2014, 09:06 PM
I meant, ubisoft, not Abstergo (which is funny to say after AC4) -- that is, apart from the DLC to AC4, what Lucy may have been up to wasn't brought up again at all, in any sense.

It's as though Lucy simply *dropped* from the plot, and that was it.