PDA

View Full Version : Free game

Knut-HB
12-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Hey,

I just received the e-mail with the link to the free game. The web page asks me to pick the platform I play ACU on, but the game I want to choose I want to play on my computer. So is this just for the game platform I want to play the free game on, or must I really choose the platform I play ACU on?

Greetings
Knut

D.I.D.
12-18-2014, 03:37 PM
I think that might be academic at the moment, because the site doesn't work anyway. After choosing a platform, you'll get a long wait and an error message telling you they're "having a problem" and to try again later.

Sorry about your game, pick a game. Sorry about our site. At this point, I'm not even annoyed because it's exactly what I expected, but this company is becoming a gift to gaming news websites.

MisguidedWolf
12-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I think that might be academic at the moment, because the site doesn't work anyway. After choosing a platform, you'll get a long wait and an error message telling you they're "having a problem" and to try again later.

Sorry about your game, pick a game. Sorry about our site. At this point, I'm not even annoyed because it's exactly what I expected, but this company is becoming a gift to gaming news websites.

Hi there, I can confirm it does eventually work as my xbox is now downloading far cry 4. the process wasn't helped by the obvious thousands of people trying to access the site in addition to google chrome storing incorrect passwords for uplay and ubisoft. I would suggest that if using chrome you delete your saved passwords and then enter the sites associated with the free game ie www.uplay.com, www.ubisoft.com and either consoles site passwords you play on. they eventually supply you with a purchase code in my case a 25 letter xbl code for the xbox store. this took me just over an hour to complete.

MisguidedWolf
12-18-2014, 04:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4obwOZg.jpg

RinoTheBouncer
12-18-2014, 04:34 PM
I couldnít get mine. It says Iím not eligible even though I did buy the Gold Edition from the very same account. I even have a receipt :(

Aphex_Tim
12-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Still kinda pissed at myself for forcing myself to wait a while with buying the season pass. For once I'm trying to be a bit more reasonable with my money by not spending it all and I get punished for it by being denied a free game. :p I'm not even kidding when I say I was planning on buying the season pass the very day it was being taken offline.

ParabolicDreams
12-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey,

I just received the e-mail with the link to the free game. The web page asks me to pick the platform I play ACU on, but the game I want to choose I want to play on my computer. So is this just for the game platform I want to play the free game on, or must I really choose the platform I play ACU on?

Greetings
Knut

Have to choose the same platform as you play ACU on.

D.I.D.
12-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi there, I can confirm it does eventually work as my xbox is now downloading far cry 4. the process wasn't helped by the obvious thousands of people trying to access the site in addition to google chrome storing incorrect passwords for uplay and ubisoft. I would suggest that if using chrome you delete your saved passwords and then enter the sites associated with the free game ie www.uplay.com (http://www.uplay.com), www.ubisoft.com (http://www.ubisoft.com) and either consoles site passwords you play on. they eventually supply you with a purchase code in my case a 25 letter xbl code for the xbox store. this took me just over an hour to complete.

Thanks for trying to help. It worked eventually. It had nothing to do with caches, nor do I think it was a flooding problem, and I was entering my password manually. The site worked right up to the point you have to sign in to UPlay, and signing into UPlay was not a problem anywhere else. It was just another bungled launch: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/977425-Free-game

Still kinda pissed at myself for forcing myself to wait a while with buying the season pass. For once I'm trying to be a bit more reasonable with my money by not spending it all and I get punished for it by being denied a free game. :p I'm not even kidding when I say I was planning on buying the season pass the very day it was being taken offline.

Indredibly, Ubisoft makes you "sign" a legal agreement full of CAPITAL LETTERS and BIZARRE ALERTS that in exchange for a copy of a game, neither YOU nor YOUR NEXT OF KIN will ever SUE UBISOFT, ITS SUBSIDUARIES, OR ITS PARENT COMPANIES EXTANT NOW OR UNTIL THE DAY OF RAGNAROK.

In consideration of being permitted to participate to the offer on http://acu.ubi.com to download a free Ubisoft video game (the “Campaign”), you agree, for yourself, your heirs and next of kin, to the following terms and conditions:

You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Ubisoft Entertainment S.A., and each of its past, present and future divisions, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, together with all of their respective past, present and future employees, officers, shareholders, directors and agents, and those who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Campaign (all for the purposes herein referred to as “Released Parties”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU, your assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CHARGES, LAWSUITS, DEBTS, DEFENSES, ACTIONS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF SERVICE, COMPENSATION, PAIN AND SUFFERING, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND COST AND EXPENSES OF SUIT, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PURCHASE, ACQUISITION, RENTAL, POSSESSION AND/OR USAGE, AND/OR THE INTENT TO PURCHASE, ACQUIRE, RENT, POSSESS AND/OR USE, THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY VIDEO GAME AND/OR THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY SEASON PASS ON ANY AND ALL PLATFORMS, AND/OR RELATED TO THE CAMPAIGN, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE.

You further agree not to institute or help or join any third party instituting any charge, complaint, or lawsuit to challenge the validity of this Release and Waiver of Liability or the circumstances surrounding its execution. You expressly agree and understand that the release contained herein is a GENERAL RELEASE.

You expressly agree that the present Release and Waiver of Liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California and any other applicable law or regulation, and that this Release and Waiver of Liability shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. You agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release and Waiver of Liability is deemed invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release and Waiver of Liability which shall continue to be enforceable.

Any personal information supplied by you to the Released Parties in connection with this Campaign will be subject to Ubisoft's privacy policy posted at https://legal.ubi.com/privacypolicy/. This Release and Waiver of Liability, the Campaign, and any personal information supplied by you in connection with the Campaign are also subject to Ubisoft’s terms of use posted at https://legal.ubi.com/termsofuse/. In the event of a discrepancy between this Waiver and Release of Liability and Ubisoft’s aforementioned terms of use or privacy policy, the terms of this Waiver and Release of Liability shall prevail.

BY CLICKING ON THE [I ACCEPT] BUTTON, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND THAT YOU FULLY AND COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS; YOU ARE VOLUNTARILY AND KNOWINGLY PARTICIPATING TO THE CAMPAIGN, AND YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND YOU HAVE ACCEPTED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY IN EXCHANGE FOR GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION WITHOUT ANY INCIDENT, OR ANY ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO YOU AND YOU INTEND YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE, IRREVOCABLE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.

It really beggars belief that this company, after every bit of forgiveness they'd earned, would turn around at the final moment and make you feel ****ty about ticking "yes" to get the free thing. It taints the entire process, and squanders all of that goodwill, and it was completely unnecessary. Ubisoft, fire your strategists. Sack whoever is telling you that these layered interactive media systems are good ideas, or that you need to break a butterfly on a wheel with Faustian legal agreements against people who probably never would have sued you anyway.

How about being a company nobody would want to sue? Just a thought.