PDA

View Full Version : Free game

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Just now I got the email with the link to redeem my free game.

But after I click the link there opens a tab and closes immediately. If I then click on it again I get the error invalid url.
If I click again after 5 minutes the same happens, a screen opens en closes directly.

Any help?

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 02:51 PM
Oke so now I opened the link in internet explorer. That works!

There is a dialog windows that asks if i want to close the tab. if you click no you can use the site.
But then the buttons on the site wont work.

Anyone with the same problem?

Shiora-EIC-
12-18-2014, 02:51 PM
I am having the same issue. Seems to goto acu.ubi.com, however, this gives Http/1.1 Service Unavailable

HomieeJo
12-18-2014, 02:52 PM
Seems like the website or the link is not working correctly so the only thing you can do is wait
Edit: Do rightclick and open in a new tab this worked for me

But still if you get to the website you cant redeem the game because the service is not available yet

UbiJustin
12-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Hey all, could you please confirm which browser you are using? And have you tried different browsers
EDIT: PLEASE REFRESH YOUR PAGE AND TRY AGAIN. MANY PEOPLE REPORTING IT IS WORKING NOW.

Shiora-EIC-
12-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Here is direct link: https://acu.ubi.com/Default/Welcome -- Chrome had issues with me prior to getting this link.

However, after choosing platform, I now get "Sorry, we're experiencing some problems at the moment. Please try again later."

Henkyh-
12-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Here is direct link: https://acu.ubi.com/Default/Welcome -- Chrome had issues with me prior to getting this link.

However, after choosing platform, I now get "Sorry, we're experiencing some problems at the moment. Please try again later."
Yeah, i got the same message on Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Tornhoof
12-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I get the "Sorry, we're experiencing some problems at the moment. Please try again later." with IE, Firefox and Chrome.
Someone should at least have tried that page before sending out the emails.

kodomastro
12-18-2014, 02:59 PM

I have the same issue.

UbiJustin
12-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Yeah, i got the same message on Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Thanks for this information. Have you tried clearing your cache?

Beholder1984
12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
I got the same message "Sorry, we're experiencing some problems at the moment. Please try again later. " on Firefox.

Nogarda
12-18-2014, 03:03 PM
You've got to laugh at the irony of this.

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 03:05 PM
You've got to laugh at the irony of this.

Yeah me too, compensates us for bugs in a game with a site that does not work. Good job ubisoft.
Well at least they try to help so that is a good thing.

Henkyh-
12-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks for this information. Have you tried clearing your cache?
Just erased cache on Firefox and cookies from ubi.com, all of them and tried with the same result.

With internet explorer there is no need to clean cache or cookies, i don't use it.

Brostok
12-18-2014, 03:06 PM
I believe the site is not working properly because everyone tries to access it at the same time!
They should have sent the mail by batch.

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 03:07 PM
I believe the site is not working properly because everyone tries to access it at the same time!

Exactly this!

ZerweX
12-18-2014, 03:09 PM

This^ pretty sure they did not set up the page to handle the massive load of everyone trying at the same time. Just wait a few hours and try again later should solve the problem. free game available til 15th march so no real rush :)

UbiJustin
12-18-2014, 03:10 PM

This may very well be the case; however, we are investigating the issue and will provide updates. Please let us know if anything changes, and please be sure to report this issue to our support so we can document individual cases: https://support.ubi.com/

Beholder1984
12-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Yes, and then assuming that it might be the browser cache is kinda lame.

Jiska1983
12-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Same problem!!
Hope they fix it!!
Looking forward to a free game :P

kodomastro
12-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Ubisoft, why all what you are making is broken?

bassj18
12-18-2014, 03:24 PM
yep try ie and firefox both same problems

Sorry, we're experiencing some problems at the moment. Please try again later.

Spr3m16
12-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Hi m8s

I have one question for you guys. Can you tell me on which platform are you playing and where are you from? Because i am a PC user and come from SLOVENIA and haven't gotten any email containing a link for the free game. Will the PC users get it with the PATCH4 update or what.

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 03:25 PM
The free game is only for season pass owners. I myself play on the pc.

So only when you have the season pass you will get this email.

kariminator_x
12-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Me too, I have exactly the same problem on the French site.
Try with IE and Firefox.

Volkira
12-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey all, could you please confirm which browser you are using? And have you tried different browsers?

Do you think the CEO can be told to stop using ip's to identify people.That's so 1980's.Remind him in Europe we have no borders.
I'm an Australian living in Germany and would like them to send me the email in English.Instead I always get an email in German.
So can someone post the english version of the email about claiming the free game since I can't change the language of the email.

Waterfox browser 64bit aint working either.

furrwin
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Just came a bit further then the error page, it said it needed authentication for this page to acces.
progress in the works

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM
I have it even better. My email was part in dutch and part German. I don't understand the people that work there.

Speedy_PC
12-18-2014, 03:36 PM
Yes I got mind from Ubisoft via email, I'm only interesting all the AC games which I've got them all, IF they could offer me a free game of the AC Rogue for PC would be nice to have please.

jebethebest
12-18-2014, 03:39 PM
My email was in Dutch and in German. And the notifications I get from Ubisoft support are in French...

Jiska1983
12-18-2014, 03:44 PM
On the same page.. Not getting anywhere..
Firefox..
PC Player

I_am_Alive_
12-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Same here. Text in dutch, button is german. Tab closes after opening in Chrome. But does open in IE however I can't select the platfrom when on the page... Nothing happens when I click it.

UbiJustin
12-18-2014, 03:45 PM
I have it even better. My email was part in dutch and part German. I don't understand the people that work there.

My email was in Dutch and in German. And the notifications I get from Ubisoft support are in French...

Could you please confirm the region that you are located in?

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 03:45 PM
I can click the platform and then need to log in to ubisoft. after that a page loads with the error message:

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 03:46 PM

I am located in the Netherlands (utrecht)

Panama__Joe
12-18-2014, 03:48 PM

I get this in Poland.

Jiska1983
12-18-2014, 03:48 PM

Mine too!!
I'm dutch so region would be netherlands.

Beholder1984
12-18-2014, 03:49 PM
I was able to claim it a minute ago got this message: "Thank you. We have sent an email to the email address you provided that contains the activation key you will need in order to claim your free game. When you receive the email, please click on the included link to the Ubisoft’s Customer Support page, then follow the steps provided."

Arnieo136
12-18-2014, 03:51 PM
I claimed my game! and got the email
Ubisoft team thanks for this, but work on your bugs please.

Dont let this happen again!

Legendia667
12-18-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm more concerned about the fact that I haven't even recieved the email. Not only did I buy & redeem the season pass months ago, I pre-ordered it to get that stupidly underpowered axe.
Talk about a botch.... I have been defending this game for months, now this?

UbiJustin
12-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Mine too!!
I'm dutch so region would be netherlands.

I get this in Poland.

I am located in the Netherlands (utrecht)

Thank you for confirming. Could you please submit this issue to our support team as well in order to document these individual cases: https://support.ubi.com/

I was able to claim it a minute ago got this message: "Thank you. We have sent an email to the email address you provided that contains the activation key you will need in order to claim your free game. When you receive the email, please click on the included link to the Ubisoft’s Customer Support page, then follow the steps provided."

Thank you for confirming this. Please keep us informed if you have any other issues.

I'm more concerned about the fact that I haven't even recieved the email. Not only did I buy & redeem the season pass months ago, I pre-ordered it to get that stupidly underpowered axe.
Talk about a botch.... I have been defending this game for months, now this?

Do not be concerned if you have not received the email yet as we are still rolling out the emails in waves. Be sure to also check your spam folders as a precaution.

Henkyh-
12-18-2014, 03:55 PM
I got my free game too. It's working now.

Bahjabroni
I got it finally after getting a lot of "Sorry site doesnt work" sort of errors.

- Go to shop.ubi.com and log in there first.

- Go to https://acu.ubi.com

- You may have to log in there again.

- Select game you want.

- Wait 2-3 mins for email with key

- Done

Jiska1983
Got it!!
Thanks!!

Fretschlord
12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
I got to the point where I have to choose the game but unfortunately I can only pick Rayman Legends or The Crew. Far Cry 4 is blurry and untargetable

bassj18
12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
yep work fine know from uk !

nk you. We have sent an email to the email address you provided that contains the activation key you will need in order to claim your free game. When you receive the email, please click on the included link to the Ubisoft’s Customer Support page, then follow the steps provided.

HomieeJo
12-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Why cant I get Far Cry 4? I cant choose it but its the only game I want from those...

UbiJustin
12-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Please retry the redemption process as we are seeing more and more users report it is working.

Ping1987
12-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Far Cry 4 is also blurred for me

LeeroyGearSolid
12-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Some hours ago i received an error message, but its working now. (Firefox)

Animator_Alex
12-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Here is what I did idk if it will work for everyone. First open the main ubisoft website and log in, then I went to the free game website on a different tab (on internet explorer) and click on the platform of your choice. Then it then asked me to sign in and it worked. Before I did this I wasn't able to even click on the platform of choice.

Tornhoof
12-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Why cant I get Far Cry 4? I cant choose it but its the only game I want from those...

Same in Germany here, AC: BlackFlag, Watch Dogs, Far Cry was blocked for my german ip.

Ah well, just used a VPN with a different country ip.

No offense UBI, this sucks.

Volkira
12-18-2014, 04:05 PM
Windows explorer doesn't work when you press the PC tab.
Waterfox browser has the page not working either

So I use my iphone and I have no clue what is being said as everything is in German.All I want to do is select Farcry 4 but for some reason Far cry 4,watchdogs,Black Flag are all greyed out and the only selection I'm given is Rayman Legends and \the Crew both I don't want.
Why can't I select Farcry 4?

korbinianix
12-18-2014, 04:06 PM
For me, the game I want (Far Cry 4) is as well blurred - the same as Watch Dogs and AC IV. Only The Crew and Rayman could be chosen. Why can't I chose the game I want?

Spr3m16
12-18-2014, 04:06 PM
I bought the seasson pass and redemed the code and installed it on the day the game launched for pc, so i should be able to get the game, or am i missing something ?!

YazX_
12-18-2014, 04:08 PM
I bought the seasson pass and redemed the code and installed it on the day the game launched for pc, so i should be able to get the game, or am i missing something ?!

Yes, if you redeemed season pass before 28 NOV then you are entitled to get a free game.

Volkira
12-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I want Farcry 4 why can't I select it seriously this is some bad joke?

Spr3m16
12-18-2014, 04:14 PM
OK np i found the link. Am downloading Far Cry 4 as we speak :)

hkkane2012
12-18-2014, 04:16 PM
I got FC4(steam version),
thanks ubisoft

Volkira
12-18-2014, 04:21 PM
I guess I'll try again in a few days time when you have other browsers working and a full choice of the 5 products you told us we could select.

Seriously if it remains at only being able to pick Rayman or The Crew you can say bye bye to my future purchases.It's pretty rude to now offer only 2 out of 5 games.

raetiacorvus
12-18-2014, 04:21 PM
I was able to redeemed the game on the site, but never received the mail with the key.
Should I contact support?

UbiJustin
12-18-2014, 04:22 PM
Please see this site for instructions (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm%3A152-189028-16&ct=tcm%3A148-76770-32)on redeeming the free game.

Cosmin_PRODtest
12-18-2014, 04:26 PM

If you are from Germany, you might wait untill 10 PM, and then you can select the game.

duxdaro
12-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Since I already have FC4, Black Flag and Watch_Dogs, downloading The Crew :) Thx Ubi :)

Maddin1801
12-18-2014, 04:28 PM
If you are from Germany, you might wait untill 10 PM, and then you can select the game.

Has this been confirmed officially?

GodisJesus
12-18-2014, 04:30 PM
Regarding the free Ubisoft game for Unity Season Pass. I redeemed FarCry 4 on PS4 but haven't got a code yet. How long does it take to get the code? After I followed the instructions it said I would be getting the code. This is what it said after I followed the instructions:

"Thank you. We have sent an email to the email address you provided that contains the activation key you will need in order to claim your free game. When you receive the email, please click on the included link to the Ubisoft’s Customer Support page, then follow the steps provided. *The email address associated with your Uplay account will be used to send you an activation code that you will need to claim your free game, so please make sure you use an active email address and can access emails received at that address."

Also, I redeemed the Season Pass on my PSN account, but my wife is the one that plays the game on her PSN account and Uplay account (MessiahJesus). I do not know if that has anything to do with not getting the code yet.

Thanks for your help.

Cosmin_PRODtest
12-18-2014, 04:42 PM

It will be confirmed soon, not sure if not already.
But I can tell you for sure that this is the behavior, because of the legal terms in Germany.

duxdaro
12-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Regarding the free Ubisoft game for Unity Season Pass. I redeemed FarCry 4 on PS4 but haven't got a code yet. How long does it take to get the code? After I followed the instructions it said I would be getting the code. This is what it said after I followed the instructions:

"Thank you. We have sent an email to the email address you provided that contains the activation key you will need in order to claim your free game. When you receive the email, please click on the included link to the Ubisoft’s Customer Support page, then follow the steps provided. *The email address associated with your Uplay account will be used to send you an activation code that you will need to claim your free game, so please make sure you use an active email address and can access emails received at that address."

Also, I redeemed the Season Pass on my PSN account, but my wife is the one that plays the game on her PSN account and Uplay account (MessiahJesus). I do not know if that has anything to do with not getting the code yet.

Thanks for your help.

I have a code in less than a minute. But I choose PC version.

GodisJesus
12-18-2014, 04:55 PM
I have a code in less than a minute. But I choose PC version.

Some people are getting the code immediately, while others like myself are not: a few people on Neogaf haven't gotten their codes yet like myself.

HomieeJo
12-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Why didnt they made a proof if I am 18 or not would have been much easier..
In addition why is AC black flag blurred its available at age 16 and ACU too...

ZerweX
12-18-2014, 05:04 PM
make sure to check your spam folder in mail. mine went straight there after about 2 min wait sfter redeeming game.

raetiacorvus
12-18-2014, 05:10 PM
make sure to check your spam folder in mail. mine went straight there after about 2 min wait sfter redeeming game.

In my case it even had problems getting into the Spam Quarantine, I had to especially Whitelist "bounce@news.ubisoft.com".

Kiematt
12-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Does anyone know if Far Cary 4 comes with Season Pass?
I know it's a long shot but i wonder if Ishould buy one when i want to have the addictional content.

Thanks

Polder1
12-18-2014, 05:54 PM
I got the mail but my problem is I already own all of the offered games: http://gyazo.com/ffb74cac031f015f94330c264f9ce3a1

Like to have an answer for myself and those other top customers owning all offered games!?????????

So I thought well let's give Unity gift code to my nephew, can't I even choose Unity:
http://gyazo.com/2bf1e2c9b2b7791613eb2a00eae7ed52

mmac900
12-18-2014, 06:15 PM
I got the mail but my problem is I already own all of the offered games: http://gyazo.com/ffb74cac031f015f94330c264f9ce3a1

Like to have an answer for myself and those other top customers owning all offered games!?????????

Sell your code on ebay, you can get over 25 for far cry 4 or the crew.

I just got my code for far cry 4, downloading now and very happy :)

Mr_Shade
12-18-2014, 06:52 PM

Due to German law:

If you want a 16+ game it's 10pm

If you want a 18+ game it's 11pm

Diarmuid_III
12-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Anyone know if I can gift this free game to someone else? I already have Black Flag and have no interest in any of the other games.

Frag_Meister
12-18-2014, 11:57 PM
So-o-o, the key of "The Crew" I got for Steam is region blocked in my country (Ukraine). It may be so because of recent Steam's policy change regarding CIS, but I simply can't activate the game. Already wrote to support, but knowing how fast they are, I'll get my game somewhere in 2015 :(
And it leads to question: will Steam keys of Ubisoft's games purchased in, for example, UK digital stores will be blocked as well? Are we doomed to play games with terrible russian localizations? :(