PDA

View Full Version : Are we sure Victory is the 2015 game? (Unity spoilers)

LoyalACFan
12-17-2014, 11:41 PM
We only saw screenshots from a target gameplay video. We don't know how long ago it was made, but that's one of the first things that get done in a development cycle. It's basically just for pitching the game and getting a cohesive vision for the project. Yeah, Ubi said they'd been working on it for several years, but we also know that they're in hardcore damage-control mode.

If I had to guess, I'd say Victory was slated for 2016, and 2015 will get a Napoleonic-themed sequel. I was REALLY sure they were going somewhere with Napoleon, but he only got a bit part in Unity. A taste of more to come, if you ask me. Maybe it was just a severe case of cut content (Unity's lameass story positively reeked of it) but I feel like that ending was a teaser for something more than just Dead Kings. Not sure whether they'll use Arno again, but it certainly felt like they were gearing up for the Napoleonic era, and if they do go there, it seems like they'd want to do it right after Unity.

Megas_Doux
12-18-2014, 12:00 AM
After Unity´s disastrous release and subsequent reception -I like the game and even have some serious LOVE/HATE relationship with it- is pretty plausible to think that Arno will get "Connor´s treatment" so once Dead kings is done, Arno will be buried and forgotten.....

In regards of Napoleon, he is the second most influential figure in recent western history after Hitler. He is even shown taking something that glows out of the king´s desk, so it is likely to assume he could be used in the future. Thing is that, with Ubi in regards of settings, NOTHING IS TRUE, EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED...............................

If anything, I hope AC takes 2015 off, but that is impossible.....

Shahkulu101
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Maybe they saw the negative reception to Unity/Arno and decided to cut the Napoleonic game with him as the protagonist and push victory forward a year?

Altair1789
12-18-2014, 12:04 AM
This is what I was thinking, but then I remembered that these screenshots do look very prepared. If they were natural and obvious leaks, I'd think it's a game for a later year since I think it was already kinda leaked that there was a game in Victorian London (before Unity), so it would just be very bad hiding by Ubisoft. Also, they mentioned Quebec making the next game, and this is being made by Quebec

Maybe they saw the negative reception to Unity/Arno and decided to cut the Napoleonic game with him as the protagonist and push victory forward a year?

I don't think they'd just completely trash a game if they've been working on it for such a long time, assuming they started a Napoleonic wars game, like most others, 3-4 years earlier than scheduled release

After Unity´s disastrous release and subsequent reception -I like the game and even have some serious LOVE/HATE relationship with it- is pretty plausible to think that Arno will get "Connor´s treatment" so once Dead kings is done, Arno will be buried and forgotten.....

I'd love it if Arno got the "Connor treatment" but I'd really love if they just finished Connor's story. I don't believe that AC Rogue ends the Kenway saga, it seems like they're trying to make us think Connor's done for because they're making another major installment/ dlc with him. I hope that's the case

Looking through an older thread to find a quote I agree with, I saw someone saying that before Unity there were leaks about Connor returning in some way in a Victorian London game. Is this true? According to Kotaku the protagonist was "a familiar face", obviously not Connor, I know, but that's strangely interesting

Megas_Doux
12-18-2014, 12:10 AM

That would be EVEN WORSE!

Not aimed at you of course, if anything what UBI and AC need is taking 2015 off and release a game in a decent state performance wise....

I'd love it if Arno got the "Connor treatment" but I'd really love if they just finished Connor's story. I don't believe that AC Rogue ends the Kenway saga, it seems like they're trying to make us think Connor's done for because they're making another major installment/ dlc with him. I hope that's the case

I liked Arno, but money talks and I understand that. About Connor, whereas I would not mind him getting a closure in the form of a comic or a short movie. I just cant bare ANOTHER game in colonial North America, for I HATE that dull setting with passion :p

And dislike Noah Watts acting to a lesser extent, that guy bored me to death being honest. To me his acting did not match what his character was experiencing, however that was a regular complaint I have/had with the "mohawk crew" in general.

Shahkulu101
12-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Well if they have been working on a Napoleonic sequel, Arno isn't in it. His actor, Dan Jeanotte, has been saying he hopes he gets to do another Arno game on Twitter. There's always the chance he's playing it sly, but he tags Assassins Creed and Ubisoft in some of his tweets so they see positive fan responses - as if he's trying to court a sequel. Would seem a bit elaborate to do that as a cover up.

I like Arno, so I'd actually like a sequel of his with Napoleon. If not, hopefully Dead Kings concludes his story satisfactorily.

JustPlainQuirky
12-18-2014, 02:15 AM
Unlikely.

IIRC, during the Ubi Nordic stream, a UbiDev talked about upcoming games. And he said "you probably saw one already that you werent supposed to" or something along those lines

This was obviously in reference to AC Victory

And I brought it up and he acknowledged my statement. Not confirming anything but the implications were there.

Though plans may have changed due to the leak.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-18-2014, 07:15 AM
im 100 % positive it will be victory in 2015
And people keep saying Kenway Saga... but its not.. that might even be ubisoft official....
But I caught a slip at the end of 2012 when a developer said kenway TRILOGY
No one believed be.... and then we Got AC IV and Rogue
Sadly if we were going to see connor again it woulve been in rogue.. he wont come back...at least not as the star... he could be the altair of revelations though....doubt it... at the very most he will get a book or a comic