PDA

View Full Version : Please help with Hendrix

NoleZilla84
12-17-2014, 09:19 PM
Okay out of all the Hendrix songs released yesterday which one would probably be the easiest to learn Littlewing red house voodoo child or when he cries Mary?

rhyspinot
12-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Okay out of all the Hendrix songs released yesterday which one would probably be the easiest to learn Littlewing red house voodoo child or when he cries Mary?

Well, if you're not already familiar with Hendrix and his style of playing, then I don't think you'll find any of them particularly easy. Having said that, I think that the Wind Cries Mary, Fire or Foxey Lady would be easiest. Certainly not Little Wing or Voodoo Chile. Just remember to hold those chord shapes, it's easy to get lost following each individual note, but much easier if you realize he's very often riffing within chord shapes.

NoleZilla84
12-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Thank you for your input, I would love for others to share what they think as well please. I am some what familiar with Hendrix and sort of know the beginning of Littlewing. I just don't have enough money for the complete packs and just wondering which song would probably be the easiest to start with out of the ones I named

The_Working_Man
12-17-2014, 10:01 PM
FWIW, the video teaser is out now, so you can preview a small sample of each before buying. The all look very hard to me. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-91COi15fzk

NoleZilla84
12-17-2014, 10:17 PM
Little wing looks the easiest from those short samples. But what do I know I'm going to plan seven months and the struggle is real lol

AirForbes1
12-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Little wing looks the easiest from those short samples. But what do I know I'm going to plan seven months and the struggle is real lol

Little Wing is not easy.

AchtungBeatles
12-18-2014, 12:06 AM
Maybe Manic Depression?

NoleZilla84
12-18-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm not saying any of the songs are going to be easy I'm asking which one would probably be the easiest to learn if you had a rank them in order

FatJuan25
12-18-2014, 04:19 PM
After playing through them a bit, I'd probably say Purple Haze was the easiest to get 90% right. The last little bits are the thing with hendrix though, as he basically slid into everything and loved to bend passing notes. I haven't played manic depression or freedom yet though (looked up after playing last night and realized it was 2 AM and I had to go to bed)

theunclejimbo
12-18-2014, 06:14 PM
I've only been playing about a year or so, so I'd consider myself Novice at best... I primarily play Rhythm.

The Wind Cries Mary doesn't seem overly difficult, it's the song I decided to tackle first. Very rewarding song to play.

Ezios_Axe
12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Jimi is not known for being easy to copy. Some guitarists are just high level. Set the game settings low enough to not be frustrated and chip away at it. You will get it with practice like anything else.

Jimi_Jimmy
12-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Maybe Manic Depression?

Yeah, I would think this is the easiest to start with. It's mostly just a riff, and a very cool riff at that. Mary would be my second guess. Mary has a real nice solo that is relatively easy for an intermediate player.

FatJuan25
12-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah, I would think this is the easiest to start with. It's mostly just a riff, and a very cool riff at that. Mary would be my second guess. Mary has a real nice solo that is relatively easy for an intermediate player.

for some reason I totally flubbed my way around this when I finally tackled it. Though that may have had more to do with my hands being exhausted from 3 hours of playing Hendrix before i started. I'll have to try it when I'm not (very happily) worn out

Jack Edison
12-18-2014, 09:42 PM
I vote for Manic Depression too.