PDA

View Full Version : Shay's possible future.[Spoilers]

Hans684
12-17-2014, 08:06 PM
At the end of Rogue Shay walks out of Versailles with the box, as Initiates showed us he has not returned to America. So since the box is at an Abstergo building somewhere in Italy by modern day I think it's possible he made a trip there or at least close, I'd say it is a possibility he was killed on his way but let's say he wasn't. So the box is now hidden somewhere in Europe and he is on his way back.

Now since both Connor and Shay has similar views(idealist), I myself like the idea that he build the order up from the ground while in the shadows and training Assassin Hunters but kept a low profile. Then someday he walks to the homestead(as an old GM) and considers making a truce(Connor's order is better than Achilles). His main resistance would be Adéwalé's son who would want revenge but if Connor is Mentor then that shouldn't be much of a problem. It could be longest lasting truce, until something goes wrong(as usual) and the homestead is burned to the ground.

No matter perspective, one of Shay's Assassin Hunters, Adéwalé's son, Aveline or a new Assassin. It would be an interesting story.

Assassin_M
12-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Aas Initiates showed us he has not returned to America.
Wha-? wha-? where?

Hans684
12-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Wha-? wha-? where?

Not directly as in text or pictures of confirmation but Connor is still alive and the Assassins strong by March 1804 since his recruiting. If Shay did come back there would at least some sign or hint of it, like Adéwalé's death from Initiates. So it's more like speculation but you get the point.

Assassin_M
12-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Not directly as in text or pictures of confirmation but Connor is still alive and the Assassins strong by March 1804 since his recruiting. If Shay did come back there would at least some sign or hint of it, like Adéwalé's death from Initiates. So it's more like speculation but you get the point.
Ooooooh okay. It could be that he came back and died but who knows. He'd be 70 years old by 1804.

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 08:20 PM
I could dig that... :cool:

Imagine Shay forming an organization of Hunters. XD

Plus let Connor's family watch from the sidelines being like: "What the hell are they talking about?"

Hans684
12-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Ooooooh okay. It could be that he came back and died but who knows. He'd be 70 years old by 1804.

He makes his own luck, maybe he gets 90 years old like Altaïr. As said goes to the homestead as an old Grand Master.

I could dig that... :cool:

Imagine Shay forming an organization of Hunters. XD

Assassin's Creed: The Wild Hunt

Plus let Connor's family watch from the sidelines being like: "What the hell are they talking about?"

That can be the first moment Connor lies, it would be choice between Assassins or family. What would he do?

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Spoilered myself again. After seeing the death of Arno's father as a YouTube suggestion (thanks once again :mad:) I now know about the box. SHould have finished Rogue way earlier...

But good to know they still hold back the chance to make the box something meaningful in future games and haven't entirely dropped it yet.

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 08:37 PM
That can be the first moment Connor lies, it would be choice between Assassins or family. What would he do?

"Connor, what going on? Who are those men?"

"It is nothing. Take the children and go inside."

:cool:

Then Shay comes in and says something about his past that relates to Connor's situation.

"I remember when my moral code was tested..."

ze_topazio
12-17-2014, 09:12 PM
What's with people always imagining Shay trying to make a truce with Connor? by the end of Rogue Shay is fully committed to the Templar cause, if he saw Connor he would try to kill him, no mercy.

As for Shay, he visited Lisbon again and my great-great-great-great-great-grandfather killed him with a frying pan and sold the box in the local flea market.

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 09:20 PM
What's with people always imagining Shay trying to make a truce with Connor? by the end of Rogue Shay is fully committed to the Templar cause, if he saw Connor he would try to kill him, no mercy.

Shay only killed the Colonial Brotherhood because of their insane ambitions due to Achilles's leadership.

Once Achilles learned his lesson, Shay stopped.

And it's not impossible. Like Han said, both Shay & Connor are similar in their views so finding truce shouldn't be too hard as Connor handles his brotherhood better than Achilles did.

Sure there'll be something to **** it up, but it could work as both men are reasonable.

But yeah, they would probably try to kill each other first. ;)

Hans684
12-17-2014, 09:29 PM

If he can show Achilles mercy, then a truce with Connor is a possibility.

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 09:32 PM

Not unless he grows Old and Borgia-ish. :rolleyes:

Hans684
12-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Not unless he grows Old and Borgia-ish. :rolleyes:

Like a true Templar :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
12-17-2014, 09:34 PM
He had no problem killing Charles, he would see Connor just as another fool.

Hans684
12-17-2014, 09:36 PM

Just following the orders he got by Haytham, that was get the box back.

ze_topazio
12-17-2014, 09:44 PM

Achilles by then had been reduced to nothing, he showed mercy out of pity and for him to spread the word to other Assassins to not meddle with those temples, at the end Haytham ordered Gist to kill every single remaining Assassin and Shay didn't even bat an eye, by the end he had no mercy to spare for the Assassins and I find hard to believe he would want any truce, he was mentored by Haytham after all.

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 09:47 PM

I'm not so sure.

Charles was a nobody...( excluding Arno)

Connor by 1776 was already revered by the French Brotherhood.

I'm sure Shay would at least be interested in Connor and what he's about.

Especially since he revived the same order Shay destroyed.

I find hard to believe he would want any truce, he was mentored by Haytham after all.

For five minutes... -__-

If anything, he was more mentored by Monroe.

Besides, Shay is his own man ( a reasonable one at that), making peace with a renewed Brotherhood/Mentor ( assuming) shouldn't be hard.

Though there will be conflict...there always is.

Hans684
12-17-2014, 09:50 PM
Achilles by then had been reduced to nothing, he showed mercy out of pity and for him to spread the word to other Assassins to not meddle with those temples, at the end Haytham ordered Gist to kill every single remaining Assassin and Shay didn't even bat an eye, by the end he had no mercy to spare for the Assassins and I find hard to believe he would want any truce, he was mentored by Haytham after all.

Haytham also wanted truce but Connor broke it. Because leaving Achilles with some assassins would guaranty he would strike back, it's do or die in this case and Haytham did first. Do you think Achilles would just let Haytham and the rest just walk away if he had some Assassins left? The war has already been going in for ages, "cleaning the house" tactics would be a priority on both sides if given the possibility.

But this is not the point of the thread, least stop while we are ahead. But a truce is a possibility, it fits both characters.

JustPlainQuirky
12-18-2014, 02:05 AM
A truce between Connor and Old Man Shay would be friggin amazing

I hope Shay dies a natural death. He deserves it.

Namikaze_17
12-18-2014, 02:12 AM

"Well Liam...it looks as if my luck has ran out."

*Shay dies in his sleep*

Hans684
12-21-2014, 09:56 PM
A truce between Connor and Old Man Shay would be friggin amazing

I was thinking something like this, I also included your idea of him having a daughter:

Shay returns as Grand Master and builds a new order in the shadows containg only of Assassin Hunters after hiding the precursors box in Europe. Some time during his later years as an old Grand Master, he returns to the homestead some time after March 1804 and plans to make peace with Connor and his brotherhood. While his daughter has her children located in a safe location away from both Assassins and Templars in case of conflict, she later was sent by Shay to make peace with Babatunde Josèphe and Eseosa's brotherhood in Saint-Domingue.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-21-2014, 10:04 PM
Doesnt connor only have a butcher and a couple lumberjacks in his order? lmao

Namikaze_17
12-21-2014, 10:04 PM
I was thinking something like this, I also included your idea of him having a daughter:

Shay returns as Grand Master and builds a new order in the shadows containg only of Assassin Hunters after hiding the precursors box in Europe. Some time during his later years as an old Grand Master, he returns to the homestead some time after March 1804 and plans to make peace with Connor and his brotherhood. While his daughter has her children located in a safe location away from both Assassins and Templars in case of conflict, she later was sent by Shay to make peace with Babatunde Josèphe and Eseosa's brotherhood in Saint-Domingue.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/836d661893b05d317467d8c2d0d19562/tumblr_miwa7mLbU01qgcra2o1_500.gif

It's Beautiful...