PDA

View Full Version : Where do all the guards go at the end of each game?

Torimoose
12-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I have often wondered (since playing the very first AC) when the game is over and you can go back into the game to play, why there are few guards left roaming the streets? Once I have all of the best equipment, I like to go back and kick butt. :cool:

Alas, I can not be the only one who likes to do this? Here I am, once again in Unity, wandering around looking for kills, just because I (ridiculously) love the AC games above all others. It would be nice to have an option to play the "after" game with full guards just to be able to do some open world play without a story to it. Opinions?

Pr0metheus 1962
12-17-2014, 07:39 PM
I agree with you. There should be an option to switch back to lots of guards and few helpers. Even the red and blue areas of the map are fairly empty when the game is over. It does make it difficult to get a good fight going.

At the beginning of the game, when Arno is weak and ill-equipped, you can cut the alarm bell in front of Notre Dame and you're immediately surrounded by lots of guards. At the end of the game (when Arno is equipped to deal with hundreds of them) there are maybe two or three.

I remember in earlier games, there was always somewhere you could go to get a really good fight going with 10 or more guards. Not in Unity though. :(

Hans684
12-17-2014, 07:43 PM
They do home to their families, unless some Assassin killed them.

*dramatic music*

Megas_Doux
12-17-2014, 07:43 PM
LOL of course there are places like that!

Try the military academy or the temple for instance.

Torimoose
12-17-2014, 08:17 PM
LOL of course there are places like that!

Try the military academy or the temple for instance.

Indeed, *but* if you recall in the beginning (looks over shoulder and whispers) 'they are everywhere'... not just in this AC game mind you. In Unity there are a few places that you can go for specific ledge kills for instance I have 92..92...92...still no matter how many I do I have 92, *ahem* won't go there right now ;)

I have a bit of a handicap in that I can only play 3rd person games, AC is the ultimate for me, my love of history makes it even more so. I have DA:I that I haven't even started(!) because of my love for AC. I have played the original through my beloved Ezio's exit so many times I've lost count. Even so, I would so love to be able to go back and just play an open world with the abilities that make the Assassin the satisfying deliverer of justice (eh? debatable at times) that he/she is...without being restricted to two or three areas. :)