PDA

View Full Version : Nat

Afflictio.on
12-17-2014, 06:41 PM
why my NAT at ACIII is green and my NAT at AC BF is red?

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 06:49 PM

Different game and different ports required?

I would check the support site for information on MP connection issues :)
www.support.ubi.com

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 07:08 PM

www.support.ubi.com

Unfortunately, brickzor, that's the only answer Ubisoft is willing to give us.

I'm also having NAT issues, and so far the only response Ubisoft has offered has been to instruct us to learn how to port-forward, and if that's too much to ask, to work with our ISP customer service to figure it out.

It's a shame this is Ubisoft's stance because I think it's unrealistic to expect your average customer to understand how to open ports, which is a really risky thing to do if you don't know what you're doing. It's even more unrealistic to expect ISP customer service to help. For example, I had Time Warner Cable last year and I had a port-forwarding issue that I couldn't figure out on my own, so I called TWC customer service. The customer service rep based in India had no idea how to help me and neither did his supervisor.

The number of hoops Ubisoft is asking its customers to jump through just to get multiplayer to work properly is dumbfounding, and sadly it doesn't seem like they're planning on changing anything about it any time soon.

Afflictio.on
12-17-2014, 08:11 PM

www.support.ubi.com

Unfortunately, brickzor, that's the only answer Ubisoft is willing to give us.

I'm also having NAT issues, and so far the only response Ubisoft has offered has been to instruct us to learn how to port-forward, and if that's too much to ask, to work with our ISP customer service to figure it out.

It's a shame this is Ubisoft's stance because I think it's unrealistic to expect your average customer to understand how to open ports, which is a really risky thing to do if you don't know what you're doing. It's even more unrealistic to expect ISP customer service to help. For example, I had Time Warner Cable last year and I had a port-forwarding issue that I couldn't figure out on my own, so I called TWC customer service. The customer service rep based in India had no idea how to help me and neither did his supervisor.

The number of hoops Ubisoft is asking its customers to jump through just to get multiplayer to work properly is dumbfounding, and sadly it doesn't seem like they're planning on changing anything about it any time soon.

I did a reset to my router, and my NAT was green but now I cant find a lobby, no players, even making my own session nobody joins. There are quite times that it kicks me to limited mode and I dont know why....