PDA

View Full Version : Quick patch question

xelon99
12-17-2014, 02:35 PM
The download is at 20% now.

If I stop the download and uninstall the game, then redownload it for the patch, will any addons or saves be corrupted? And will the game have to reinstall completely again or will it go faster?

Rafe Harwood
12-17-2014, 02:40 PM
if Xbone, you can uninstall without worry about your save games.

Then reinstall (from disc only) and when started, 'only' the needed part of the patch will be downloaded.

If you have the download version of the game, just stop the automatic downloading until they have figured out the problem.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/976075-Tells-me-size-of-the-update-is-around-40-gb-Xbox-one?p=10447567&viewfull=1#post10447567

GolfPro72
12-17-2014, 02:45 PM
The download is at 20% now.

If I stop the download and uninstall the game, then redownload it for the patch, will any addons or saves be corrupted? And will the game have to reinstall completely again or will it go faster?

It will go faster. Just make sure that after you do the uninstall, remove the disk and restart the console. I found this to be the best way to go about it. I tried it with the disk in and no restart, and it took forever like the first time patch 3 tried to download and install. After the restart method, the game installed in the same amount of time it did the very first time I installed it, and the patch took considerably less time.