PDA

View Full Version : Petition to extend FREE GAME offer to COLLECTOR'S EDITION holders

rivox1
12-17-2014, 01:35 PM
As much as I've loved the Assassin's Creed franchise, the immersive experience I expected from Unity turned into a strobe motion fest plagued by bugs... an almost unplayable game.

The people that bought the collector's edition spent US$150 for a game that was unplayable. I personaly played less than 2 hours.

I would like to request to Ubisoft that they extend the free game offer to those of us that trusted them to make a playable game and pre-ordered a $150 package just to be let down.

If you own a Collector's Edition and/or agree with my point, please add a comment.

YukiFA
12-17-2014, 01:44 PM
I doubt they'd do that because here, in Australia, people were able to take their game back for a 100% refund and then get the regular edition price matched to the cheapest deal available. I know I did with my AU$150 Notre Dame edition.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Only customers who purchased a season pass or the Assassin’s Creed Unity Gold Edition (which includes the Season Pass) are eligible to choose one free game from among a select list of Ubisoft titles.

The special editions physical contents, make up a substantial amount of the cost of those editions, so while you may feel you paid a lot for your 'game' - it's only a part of the cost?

You are, however entitled to the Dead Kings DLC for free - due to the issues you have experienced.

JamieSieder
12-17-2014, 02:21 PM
The Dead Kings is more then enough to say sorry the free game is to say sorry for the people who already GOT the season pass that had paid for the DLC that is now free.

While on the topic any idea when the free game and DLC will be out was told it would when patch 4 came out.

Von_Till
12-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Your one case why I loathe a percentage of society these days...

Zafar1981
12-17-2014, 02:48 PM
The Dead Kings is more then enough to say sorry the free game is to say sorry for the people who already GOT the season pass that had paid for the DLC that is now free.

​Totally Agree with you.

Bastiaen
12-17-2014, 02:53 PM
Your one case why I loathe a percentage of society these days...

^This
"Oh, hey, can you give me some free stuff too?"

OPTIMUS HIGH LG
12-17-2014, 04:47 PM
As much as I've loved the Assassin's Creed franchise, the immersive experience I expected from Unity turned into a strobe motion fest plagued by bugs... an almost unplayable game.

The people that bought the collector's edition spent US$150 for a game that was unplayable. I personaly played less than 2 hours.

I would like to request to Ubisoft that they extend the free game offer to those of us that trusted them to make a playable game and pre-ordered a $150 package just to be let down.

If you own a Collector's Edition and/or agree with my point, please add a comment.

I havent noticed to many game breaking bugs and Im 80% through my story progression. Ive noticed the typical AC bugs that come with each release, and the multiplayers meh but I have faith it'll be fixed. I dont see how you discerned the games total playability in 2 hours though, seems kind of quick to judge. If you have the season pass included in your collectors edition it'd make sense, but you didn't pay for anything everyone else get's for free now, so I don't see the point here.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-17-2014, 07:33 PM
LOL - no.
Season pass holders are getting a free game not because the game is broken, but because everyone is getting free what they paid for.,...
By your logic, you should get a free game and everyone that bought the game before patch 4 should get a free statue and junk LOL

HDinHB
12-17-2014, 08:10 PM
LOL - no.
Season pass holders are getting a free game not because the game is broken, but because everyone is getting free what they paid for.,...
By your logic, you should get a free game and everyone that bought the game before patch 4 should get a free statue and junk LOL

Yes, please send me free junk.

rivox1
12-18-2014, 02:20 AM
LOL - no.

Then you should have supported my logic for a chance to get free things... or maybe you like paying for stuff you could get for free. The response of every single one of you has been of blind consumerism. "Yes, let's protect the multi-billion dollar company from giving US something free... Don't worry Ubisoft, you already made billions from us, but we'll just pay more instead of asking to get something for free that costs virtually nothing to you"

What an asinine way to think...

rivox1
12-18-2014, 02:22 AM
^This
"Oh, hey, can you give me some free stuff too?"

If instead of making fun of the post you would have supported it, we could've had a shot at getting something for free... all of us. Have fun paying for stuff you could've gotten or free!

CrimzonRazor
12-18-2014, 03:28 AM
They are giving you the dlc for free and thats enough to say sorry, you paid the same for the game as everyone else. The extra cost you paid was for the extra stuff you got along with the game and you have those things. The season pass holders paid on top of the game to get the dlc which is being given away free now so the value of the season pass is no longer the same which is why they are giving them a free game to make up the difference in value. Long story short you dont deserve more free stuff because you bought the extras you paid the same for the game as everyone else. You choose to buy the option with the toys and you still have the toys.

JamieSieder
12-18-2014, 06:41 AM
Can this post be locked now its pointless and is going to start a "give me this war"

Count yourself lucky you are even getting the DLC for free as you said this is a multi-billion dollar company they dont have to kiss our *** and give us free DLC they could have told us to get stuffed but no they said sorry and gave us all free DLC the free game is ONLY happening because some people had already paid for the DLC why should people have to pay for the DLC while everyone else gets it for free that is why there is a free game even then ubisoft could have told us the piss off but they didnt stop trying to milk them for everything they have.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-18-2014, 07:10 AM
Then you should have supported my logic for a chance to get free things... or maybe you like paying for stuff you could get for free. The response of every single one of you has been of blind consumerism. "Yes, let's protect the multi-billion dollar company from giving US something free... Don't worry Ubisoft, you already made billions from us, but we'll just pay more instead of asking to get something for free that costs virtually nothing to you"

What an asinine way to think...
Do you think creating product and advertising is free?
This entitlement mindset is whats wrong with most of the world..
They dont appreciate hard work and dont believe hard work should be compensated...
They believe that everyone that has worked their whole life to obtain millions or billions of dollars OWE it to the ones too lazy..
I love free as much as the next person, but im completely happy with the price i paid for unity....
Sure im over it already even though im only at like 80% sync...
The emphasis on steal is overbarring and repetative to where i no longer care if im detected.. i just want to get the mission done
But theres still so much to do and ive had to've put in 50 hours at least already...
Assassin's Creed is one of the few game series that actually justify their $60 price tag.. with an exception to rogue...

pirate1802
12-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Then you should have supported my logic for a chance to get free things... or maybe you like paying for stuff you could get for free.

Really bro? This is extremely close to the -Why buy games when you can get them for free- line the pirates trot out don'tcha think? Did you like paying for the first Assassins Creed, or the second one? Because you could have got those for free!!!!!

"Yes, let's protect the multi-billion dollar company from giving US something free... Don't worry Ubisoft, you already made billions from us, but we'll just pay more instead of asking to get something for free that costs virtually nothing to you".

Yeah because being a multi-billion dollar company automatically makes one a fit target to rip free stuff off.

What a childish way to think...

HypeR.tgL
12-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Can we please ban or permit the use of "PETITION TO X" on the forums, it feels incredibly frequent to me. Most of the time the OP has unjustified and unexplained reasons for the petition..