PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft has screwed us again.

TekkenLord666
12-17-2014, 12:31 PM
I know there are threads here on this topic, but we seriously need to let Ubisoft know this is not acceptable on their behalf.

My first post on their forums and it's not a positive one. For Xbox One owners, if you're wondering why it's taking soooooooo long to get the patch will it's because the patch is causing the game to re download all 40 gigs. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. first we get a game that is not up to quality, now we have to sit here AGAIN and go through a 40 GIG download. I purchased this Unity bundle and it's done nothing but suck up bandwidth limit. it has filled it, but it sure has taken a lot of of it, that's 80 gigs in the last 3 weeks.

The sad part is Ubisoft acknowledges this mistake.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-16-ubisoft-delays-assassins-creed-unitys-next-major-patch

You know Ubitsoft, not all people can afford these large quantity downloads on their monthly internet limit.A 6.7 Gigabyte download should not be overwriting an entire digital game. And the sad part is they just blow the whole thing off as though it means nothing to them. Are you going to compensate some of these internet users with their internet bills because they purchased your game Digitally? Seriously, we as gamers need to say something here.This is shameful on the highest level. A lot of gamers are going have to wait until they can afford your exuberant downloads. they just can't afford to redownlaod all 40 gigs at once again. And Ubisoft claims that they are currently looking into the issue with no time date.

I am sitting here, waiting on 40 gigs to download, it's half way done, it will be 2-3 hours before the rest gets downloaded. maybe longer. I am sure there are other users who have to wait just as long as me.

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-17-2014, 12:36 PM
shouldnt of downloaded it and just waited for them to fix it you could of played something else in the meantime it wouldn't do no harm . seems like a lot of people don't use their brains

godslayer1975
12-17-2014, 01:04 PM
thats a lame reason , they messed up and when you pay $80 for a game it should work not be completly broken and then have to wait a month for fixes and then they screw up again with this , problem is people like you who say stuff like this . why would they change or try to do better if there are victims who will let them get away with it , the right thing is to complaine and post every day not go and wait until its fixed and play other games in the mean time and let them get away with it .

TekkenLord666
12-17-2014, 01:08 PM
thats a lame reason , they messed up and when you pay $80 for a game it should work not be completly broken and then have to wait a month for fixes and then they screw up again with this , problem is people like you who say stuff like this . why would they change or try to do better if there are victims who will let them get away with it , the right thing is to complaine and post every day not go and wait until its fixed and play other games in the mean time and let them get away with it .

agreed, Ubisoft has been praising this update for like a week now and yet it's broken too. all they can say is 'Sorry'. sorry doesn't solve all problems.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-17-2014, 01:13 PM
shouldnt of downloaded it and just waited for them to fix it you could of played something else in the meantime it wouldn't do no harm . seems like a lot of people don't use their brains

That is a problem, but it's the people who paid $60 for a broken game and are happy to just accept it who are the ones who are not using their brains. The intelligent people complain, and try to make sure Ubisoft doesn't do this sort of thing again. The brainless ones are the ones encouraging Ubisoft to treat them even worse next time.

TekkenLord666
12-17-2014, 01:19 PM
That is a problem, but it's the people who paid $60 for a broken game and are happy to just accept it who are the ones who are not using their brains. The intelligent people complain, and try to make sure Ubisoft doesn't do this sort of thing again. The brainless ones are the ones encouraging Ubisoft to treat them even worse next time.

well Ubisfot is apparently 'looking' into this problem with no date set as to when it will be rectified. so in other words it's whenever they feel like it.

melbye82
12-17-2014, 01:36 PM
it is 6.5 on PS4, how can it be 40 on xbone

Pr0metheus 1962
12-17-2014, 01:38 PM
well Ubisfot is apparently 'looking' into this problem with no date set as to when it will be rectified. so in other words it's whenever they feel like it.

Well, at least our complaints have forced them to do that. If it were left up to folks like X_xWolverinEx_X, Ubisoft wouldn't even be looking into it.

The thing about folks like X_xWolverinEx_X is that they sit back and criticize those of us who complain, then they take advantage of the work we've done forcing game companies to live up to their responsibilities. They seem to think that game companies will just fix games out of the goodness of their hearts.

Corporations do things for one reason only - money. They are legally obligated to be that way - corporate law dictates that directors are supposed to help the company prosper. So fixing games that have already been sold just to keep prior customers happy, if there's no profit in it, is actually against the law, and shareholders can sue companies that do stuff that can only lower profitability. The only way Ubisoft are likely to fix their mistakes is if we raise enough of a stink that the bad PR threatens their future profits.

YukiFA
12-17-2014, 01:45 PM
it is 6.5 on PS4, how can it be 40 on xbone
Because they screwed up royal.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 01:57 PM

We are working with Microsoft to correct the issue as a matter of urgency.

I am locking the thread - since we have an ongoing one, where we are trying to keep you guys updated - the more threads, the more chance people will either miss our updates - or - start posting incorrect info.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/976075-Tells-me-size-of-the-update-is-around-40-gb-Xbox-one