PDA

View Full Version : [IMPORTANT] Xbox One - ACU Patch 4

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 11:03 AM
We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch.

This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isnít causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassinís Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

GolfPro72
12-17-2014, 02:20 PM
I can confirm that the workaround does work. I did this myself, and no issues. One suggestion I would make, however, is that after you uninstall Unity, be sure to remove the disk and restart your console. Once restarted, pop the disk back in, and everything should proceed as listed above. I tried this without taking these steps (just did an uninstall, then reinstall from the disk without removing it), and it went back to the blue ACU screen that said "Installing" and proceeded from 0% at a very slow rate.

IXIRIPPERzIXI
12-18-2014, 12:17 AM
my game ran fine or imo it ran fine until i updated to patch 4 only problem i really had was with my initiates and once arno feel threw the map.... but know i cant enjoy it.. when i go threw crowds the npc's just render and in some cases well happening alot really there clothes change colour, look unfinished and after a split second they go to the way they were designed to look and i also my hoods veil vanishes and just appears back after a second or 2 i cant understand after having next to no problems this update ruins it for me really annoyed with this as i cant play it when things like this happen cause rather than enjoy the game i constantly notice these problems i have turned loads of times uninstalling it and re-installing but nothing.... xbox one users

anybody else having these issues ??

dhbezerra
12-18-2014, 01:18 AM
I can confirm that the workaround does work. I did this myself, and no issues. One suggestion I would make, however, is that after you uninstall Unity, be sure to remove the disk and restart your console. Once restarted, pop the disk back in, and everything should proceed as listed above. I tried this without taking these steps (just did an uninstall, then reinstall from the disk without removing it), and it went back to the blue ACU screen that said "Installing" and proceeded from 0% at a very slow rate.

Great tip, but there is another trick. When I inserted the disk, xbox one asked me to update and I chose yes. Then I had the same problem of very slow installation rate. I uninstalled and installed again, this time refusing to update before install. Then everything seems to work fine. Nice installation rate and acceptable updating rate.

SuomiKissa
12-18-2014, 06:01 AM

I XBOX 1 disc version of the game. Yesterday morning, I tried to download the update, it did not work (in Finland was wrong with the company online) I tried again in the evening. The disc out of the console, and then 'zeroth' the console by the power cord for a moment and the disc that I got the AC-U to the initial state of the game (the display start-up screen), and I have removed any installations of the console. Began to upload dated in nicely, although it seemed to 40GB, and was completed in one hour. The final size after the update 40,4-7Gt.

Deadhand77
12-18-2014, 08:04 AM
I own the Assassins Creed Xbox One bundle digital version of the game, and my download size was 40 gigs.

xLOUxCIFERx
12-18-2014, 02:21 PM
I own the Assassins Creed Xbox One bundle digital version of the game, and my download size was 40 gigs.

same here i have a cap on my internet still have to up date it on my kids xb1 par for the course at this point .i got a console because watch dogs ran like crap on gaming pc no matter what i tried so you think well console gaming works right out of box well it does not if its ubi soft . most of there pc games run great on intel and crap on amd which is what is in xb1 ps4 so it makes sense why it ran so bad at first .can ubi soft get any worse at this point ? im used to there games crashing on pc but net gen there is no reason..

Deadhand77
12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
same here i have a cap on my internet still have to up date it on my kids xb1 par for the course at this point .i got a console because watch dogs ran like crap on gaming pc no matter what i tried so you think well console gaming works right out of box well it does not if its ubi soft . most of there pc games run great on intel and crap on amd which is what is in xb1 ps4 so it makes sense why it ran so bad at first .can ubi soft get any worse at this point ? im used to there games crashing on pc but net gen there is no reason..

No matter what, I think this unacceptable.
After having to re download another 40 gigs for what I believe is a unfinished game, I do not see how Ubisoft believes it is okay to exclude Xbox One Assassins Bundle owners from the free game offer.
Ubisoft needs to look into this.

Cruelstoner
12-18-2014, 11:53 PM
No matter what, I think this unacceptable.
After having to re download another 40 gigs for what I believe is a unfinished game, I do not see how Ubisoft believes it is okay to exclude Xbox One Assassins Bundle owners from the free game offer.
Ubisoft needs to look into this.

I have had to download it 2 times. 2 weeks downloading to get a game that doesn't work properly is unacceptable. If I didn't have to take my xbox back to get a refund I would. And it is still tempting to take it back. I really feel I did not get what I paid for. .

SANDEMON AKA CJ
12-19-2014, 02:05 AM
I got AC:Unity with the bundle for early Christmas when i opened it turns out i needed to download the game :mad: I had to go to my friends house and PAY him to download it for me because i don't have the Data cap to download 41 gigs and i got it back today, went to play it and now i see i need to update it again :mad: and i see that the update is 40 gigs :mad: great F***ing job guys great job -_- I'm freaking screwed! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad:

Deep_River_1
12-19-2014, 03:07 AM
[QUOTE=Mr_Shade;10447571]We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch.

This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isnít causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassinís Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Last night I downloaded Patch 4 under the impression that it was 6.7GB. I woke up this morning to a message from my Internet provider that I had gone way over my download cap. I'm right at the end of my billing cycle, so I will be charged 2$ for each GB of overage. This will be an additional 60$ on my bill. I have purchased every AC Game as well as Watch Dogs and Far Cry 3. I've been a Ubisoft gamer for many years. I've never been so let down and continually disappointed by a game that I pre-ordered. Now these overage charges are another added disappointment. I know that there is no recourse for me as a customer. I doubt this message with be read or replied to. What a shame that this game and updates have been so poorly managed.

Hurricane GL
12-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Not sure where to post this...so I'll put it in here:

Patch 4 has actually made Unity worse for my game play. I had no real issues after Patch 3. Now that patch 4 is here I get the following (which are really annoying):

1) In fights I am missing sound effects of actually hitting people. I see the swinging, but no confirmation of contact.
2) Fights in general now have a VERY choppy action. The responses are not fluid, look and feel horrible.
3) I'm not getting the rifle firing backwards animation. He holds the gun backwards and fires at the target.

I just don't get how a patch to "fix" the game actually made it worse for me. So SAD.

Jackdaw951
12-19-2014, 09:09 PM
Not sure where to post this...so I'll put it in here:

Patch 4 has actually made Unity worse for my game play. I had no real issues after Patch 3. Now that patch 4 is here I get the following (which are really annoying):

1) In fights I am missing sound effects of actually hitting people. I see the swinging, but no confirmation of contact.
2) Fights in general now have a VERY choppy action. The responses are not fluid, look and feel horrible.
3) I'm not getting the rifle firing backwards animation. He holds the gun backwards and fires at the target.

I just don't get how a patch to "fix" the game actually made it worse for me. So SAD.

Assuming you're on the Xbox, go to Settings->Power & Startup, and do a Restart Now. That reboots your system & clears the cache. It might help. The system may not restart, but stay powered off until you press the Home button on the console or controller. When this happens, I think it means the system really needed a power cycle.

Hurricane GL
12-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Assuming you're on the Xbox, go to Settings->Power & Startup, and do a Restart Now. That reboots your system & clears the cache. It might help. The system may not restart, but stay powered off until you press the Home button on the console or controller. When this happens, I think it means the system really needed a power cycle.

Did that....didn't make a difference

firepats12
12-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I stopped playing AC:Unity until this glitch with the Digital Download was fixed, but now I got on and I did not even see any update available. Did they take it away, or what is going on? Not that I am complaining, I never had issues before Patch 4 was put out, and this way I don't have to download another 40GBs. But I just wanted to make sure I didnt mess something up haha

Jackdaw951
12-21-2014, 07:14 PM
If you leave the Xbox in its default state, it will download updates automatically, even if you don't ever launch the game. Maybe they pulled it. I don't know. It's hard to tell for sure in the game itself because there is no version number displayed anywhere (afaik).

RaindancerAU
12-22-2014, 01:18 AM
Patch hasn't been pulled. I am still going with my download since the patch was released last week. I was at 63% when I left for work this morning.

I expect to be finished by the weekend or so. It took me two weeks to download the game in the first place.

And Ubisoft has extended so much sympathy for people in my situation who started the download under assurance that it would be a 6.7GB download only.

BipolarPlayer
12-22-2014, 06:17 PM
Sorry I just can't buy that unless you put off all the work till the last 9 months. I got Unity 3 weeks after release and it suffers from frame rate issues, falling out of the map, etc.So please how with 4 years development time is so little if any time used for beta testing the game? The 40 gig patch is where I draw the line screw your game I uninstalled it and I highly doubt I will reinstall it or buy another ubisoft game for a long time. I also bought the crew thats another game with horrible frame rate issues. You used to make quality games, not pumping out a new cash cow every year. Frankly I'm ashamed some of my tax money paid for garbage like unity.

Deep_River_1
12-22-2014, 10:07 PM

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

I posted the other day "6.7GB to 40GB". When I got the daily usage statement from my Internet provider, it actually seems like the original 6.7GB downloaded twice, then the 40GB download installed too. A total of 53.4GB. Because this occurred at the end of my billing cycle I went 40 GB over my limit at a cost of 2$ extra per GB, so 80$ now. (Rogers, Canada). After thinking more about this game and the horrendous pre-order bonus mission, why was I holding onto this game for a free DLC. I have never been so screwed over by a game in my life. I took AC Unity to GameSpot, got a 30$ credit towards Far Cry 4. And here is why my complaint will never matter. I'm still buying Ubisoft games. I think the only recourse for me (and hopefully others) will be to stop pre-ordering games and waiting for reviews. Especially when review embargoes are being used by companies like this.

ScionOfDarkne55
01-02-2015, 10:20 PM
my game ran fine or imo it ran fine until i updated to patch 4 only problem i really had was with my initiates and once arno feel threw the map.... but know i cant enjoy it.. when i go threw crowds the npc's just render and in some cases well happening alot really there clothes change colour, look unfinished and after a split second they go to the way they were designed to look and i also my hoods veil vanishes and just appears back after a second or 2 i cant understand after having next to no problems this update ruins it for me really annoyed with this as i cant play it when things like this happen cause rather than enjoy the game i constantly notice these problems i have turned loads of times uninstalling it and re-installing but nothing.... xbox one users

anybody else having these issues ??

I had heard of a lot of issues with ACU from other users. My first time through, I didn't see any of the frame rate issues, NPC oddness, rendering issues, etc. But since the last update, the quality of the game has decreased significantly with all of the above issues showing up. Also, missions are not loading correctly, so I can begin a mission, but no objective shows up. Or I will be able to get through 3/4 of the objectives and the last will not appear.

I have also seen these issues in the online multiplayer. In my experience, (and I am an IT systems analyst) I have never seen a widespread release with so many issues. This game required at minimum 6 more months of hardcore testing in a Dev environment. ACU has almost become unplayable.

SofaJockey
01-04-2015, 12:03 AM
But does the patch improve things sufficiently to an acceptable standard?

My copy of ACU remains unopened.

When all the 'issues' happened at launch I bought Dragon Age and started playing that instead (a lot of fun).

I'm open to starting ACU now. Is it now sufficiently patched for a AAA title, please?

Jackdaw951
01-04-2015, 04:38 PM
It's fairly stable now. I just had a complete freeze yesterday while using one of those slingshots up to a rooftop, but that was after playing the game for a long time and through a lot of missions (new profile, from the beginning). The ambient audio kept playing, however, so it wasn't really a hard crash. I didn't need to reboot the console. I just backed out to the Home screen, quit out of the game, and relaunched it. Played for several more hours without a hitch.

My best advice is that if the game starts dropping audio, or freezing momentarily, quit out of it at a convenient time, and relaunch it. I'm going to guess there are still some memory leaks to track down.

xTrizzE
01-06-2015, 05:43 AM
Does anyone know how long this patch takes to download on xbox one?

Mr_Shade
01-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know how long this patch takes to download on xbox one?

Hi, depends on your own internet connection - it is just over 6GB - so it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a many hours, depending on your connection speed and type.

StEvEY5036
01-12-2015, 03:29 PM
When can we expect the next patch to drop to deal with the looming framerate and audio issues on Xbox One? Will a performance patch be released with Dead Kings tomorrow?

DanPenfold
01-12-2015, 06:40 PM
When can we expect the next patch to drop to deal with the looming framerate and audio issues on Xbox One? Will a performance patch be released with Dead Kings tomorrow?

Patch 5 probably will not come out with it we will just have to wait and see :)

Mr_Shade
01-12-2015, 06:49 PM

As soon as we have any news about future updates - it will be posted.

DanPenfold
01-12-2015, 07:03 PM
As soon as we have any news about future updates - it will be posted.

@Mr_Shade, can I pm you?