PDA

View Full Version : Where is Marquis de Bullion Mission from E3?

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 08:39 AM
So I was just tracing my steps back to the beginning of the hype for AC Unity, and stumbled upon the co-op E3 demo. It shows the assassination of marquis de bullion. Additionally, it also showed how the crowds reacted to the offensive approach and was used on the player's advantage to storm the palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJ6GICqQyc

For the single player demo...I did not experience any of that seamless transition to cinematics during the game or that particular encounter with the old man character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4

I did not experience any of that during my platinum journey of AC Unity? Were we duped by UbiSoft?

YukiFA
12-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Not in the game, no they never react to player actions beyond running away from a murder or rushing to a coin bomb and yes, we were.

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 08:52 AM
http://www.anaccidentaintgonnahappen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/1104344-clipart-furious-yellow-emoticon-smiley-face-turning-red-with-steam-and-anger-royalty-free-vector-illustration.jpg

D.I.D.
12-17-2014, 08:59 AM
You weren't duped. They just made a demonstration of the kind of thing you could expect to see, so that as much as possible of the game would feel fresh (unless you kept on watching other gameplay videos that told you in advance that they were definitely in the game). That's a good thing. Playing the first Ezio scene in Revelations was never going to be exciting when you'd already seen exactly how it played out already at E3.

I don't know if it's different on consoles or what, but on PC there was a lot of transition from cutscenes back to gameplay with no camera cuts (but of course there's a little LOD handwave in there so you don't notice the models being swapped). I can't remember any specific cases where gameplay moves into cinematics without a jump, so maybe that doesn't happen, but what a strange thing to feel cheated over!

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 09:10 AM
You weren't duped. They just made a demonstration of the kind of thing you could expect to see, so that as much as possible of the game would feel fresh (unless you kept on watching other gameplay videos that told you in advance that they were definitely in the game). That's a good thing. Playing the first Ezio scene in Revelations was never going to be exciting when you'd already seen exactly how it played out already at E3.

I don't know if it's different on consoles or what, but on PC there was a lot of transition from cutscenes back to gameplay with no camera cuts (but of course there's a little LOD handwave in there so you don't notice the models being swapped). I can't remember any specific cases where gameplay moves into cinematics without a jump, so maybe that doesn't happen, but what a strange thing to feel cheated over!

Strange thing? Are you kidding? We were promised seamless transition from cinematics to gameplay which is an integral component of immersion. That was not delivered. Situational reaction and awareness of crowd was promised and was indicated to be an element of gameplay style and lead to drastic changes and outcomes, except money bombs (which already existed in previous games), that was not delivered. The mob throwing stones during the party at the palace had a huge impact on the gameplay in the demo and changed the environment, none of that style of gameplay was embedded in the missions, which was again not delivered. So, I think I have the right and just to feel cheated.

YukiFA
12-17-2014, 09:11 AM
A demonstration of crowd activity (the riot) that never happens once in the game with commentary that suggested that it would.

Yes, that seems completely legit.

Latte10010
12-17-2014, 09:12 AM
So I was just tracing my steps back to the beginning of the hype for AC Unity, and stumbled upon the co-op E3 demo. It shows the assassination of marquis de bullion. Additionally, it also showed how the crowds reacted to the offensive approach and was used on the player's advantage to storm the palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJ6GICqQyc

For the single player demo...I did not experience any of that seamless transition to cinematics during the game or that particular encounter with the old man character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Og9q-i98E4

I did not experience any of that during my platinum journey of AC Unity? Were we duped by UbiSoft?

I was thinking about it all the time, and I realized that I was fooled by demo and trailers. Scam.

When I saw this trailer, storming of Bastille with crowd, I decided to pre-order the game. Can we play this French Revolution
as an Assassin with 1080p/30p? Wow! I coulnd't wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzCEdSKMkdU

I've played Unity, got Platinum trophy and I actually love this game. I didn't have so many glitches, and could play online and app, I'm a lucky one.
Still, I feel I was scammed.

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Filthy Scums!

IMRicko
12-17-2014, 10:42 AM
It's Ubisoft we are talking about here. They've been doing this kind of bait and switch stuff since 2010. Never trust any sneak peak, "leaked" footage or any other pre released materials of any Ubi games.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-17-2014, 11:16 AM
More missions and features they removed (probably because they weren't working quite right) so that they could get the game out in November. I was also disappointed that we never got to join the crowd during the storming of the Bastille, as another of the previews promised.

We can hope that some or all of these missions will appear in a future DLC, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

bitebug2003
12-17-2014, 12:36 PM
I miss the in-game statistics :( why was this feature removed? :(

Aphex_Tim
12-17-2014, 12:48 PM
I miss the in-game statistics :( why was this feature removed? :(

What do you mean?

bitebug2003
12-17-2014, 12:58 PM
What do you mean?

Hours spent blended
Enemies killed
Distance travelled

etc.

It was in previous AC's why not in AC Unity?

YukiFA
12-17-2014, 01:05 PM
So that they can push Initiates on us.

I can recall a game that kept track, in game, of different actions in several categories and rewarded us for reaching milestones in those categories Can anyone name the game?

Hint: it's from a Ubisoft franchise not named in bitebug's signature.

IMRicko
12-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Hours spent blended
Enemies killed
Distance travelled

etc.

It was in previous AC's why not in AC Unity?

Initiates. That messed up "all in one" stats

bitebug2003
12-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Initiates. That messed up "all in one" stats

Rogue and Black Flag had in-game statistics - and they also had Initiates (on the main menu)

In Unity various Initiate notifications popped up about stealth, free running etc. - but it didn't tell me anything :S

(yes I do realise the site is only partially working).

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Yeah I miss my in-game statistics. I wanted to see how many hours I played in Unity but I cant find it anywhere.

Also, yeah that mission was nowhere to be seen.

And there's some elements that are implied to be in the game that arent.

Like custom cutscenes based on how you kill your target.

It's just a dirty lie. Aliens Colonial Marines did the same thing by making their demo nowhere in the game as well.

But Unity already got a ton of hate. Even if they didn't get flack for this, they still have a lot of punishment to deal with.

SixKeys
12-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Yeah I miss my in-game statistics. I wanted to see how many hours I played in Unity but I cant find it anywhere.

Also, yeah that mission was nowhere to be seen.

And there's some elements that are implied to be in the game that arent.

Like custom cutscenes based on how you kill your target.

It's just a dirty lie. Aliens Colonial Marines did the same thing by making their demo nowhere in the game as well.

But Unity already got a ton of hate. Even if they didn't get flack for this, they still have a lot of punishment to deal with.

Custom cut scenes were in the game. The Sivert mission which was shown at many events prior to release remains exactly as shown in the game. You just have to unlock certain conditions to get the special kill.

Comparing Unity and Colonial Marines is just absurd. CM delivered nothing that was advertised. The graphics and gameplay was entirely different from the finished product. Unity looks and plays exactly as it was advertised in actual gameplay demos (not E3, as that was very obviously a scripted mission).

This is just like the people who whined about being "duped" and "lied to" by AC3's trailer where Connor storms the battlefield because they actually thought trailers = gameplay.

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Custom cut scenes were in the game. The Sivert mission which was shown at many events prior to release remains exactly as shown in the game. You just have to unlock certain conditions to get the special kill.

Oh YEAAAAAAAAH

I retract that statement.

I should add that to my review. That's a definite plus.

It was present in multiple missions correct?

Shahkulu101
12-17-2014, 04:56 PM
Oh YEAAAAAAAAH

I retract that statement.

I should add that to my review. That's a definite plus.

It was present in multiple missions correct?

Yep, present in three missions I believe.

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 10:10 PM
This is just like the people who whined about being "duped" and "lied to" by AC3's trailer where Connor storms the battlefield because they actually thought trailers = gameplay.

Connor storms the battlefield in one of the missions where you talk to Putnam and kill Pitcairn, you have to move from cover to cover across the battlefield without taking damage from firing lines and reach Pitcairn undetected. So it was NOT misrepresented. Unity WAS, some examples in OP.

Assassin_M
12-17-2014, 10:15 PM
I can't wear only gloves in AC II, where we duped by Ubisoft?

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 10:17 PM
I can't wear only gloves in AC II, where we duped by Ubisoft?

Don't know what you are talking about. And I actually remember wearing gloves in AC II given by Leonardo to climb faster.

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 10:21 PM
More missions and features they removed (probably because they weren't working quite right) so that they could get the game out in November. I was also disappointed that we never got to join the crowd during the storming of the Bastille, as another of the previews promised.

We can hope that some or all of these missions will appear in a future DLC, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This makes me angry and sad at the same time, because I dearly love the AC series, it resonates with me however such lacking in content, misrepresentation, mediocrity and shallow business ethics makes me angry.

Assassin_M
12-17-2014, 10:28 PM
Don't know what you are talking about. And I actually remember wearing gloves in AC II given by Leonardo to climb faster.
You can't wear the outfit from E3. Where we duped by Ubisoft?

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 10:30 PM
You can't wear the outfit from E3. Where we duped by Ubisoft?

What? How is that relevant to the discussion about misrepresented gameplay elements here. Have you even read the OP?

Assassin_M
12-17-2014, 10:35 PM
What? How is that relevant to the discussion about misrepresented gameplay elements here. Have you even read the OP?
It's the same thing. Something present at E3 and trailers is not in the final game, it happens all the time with every game. It's called a demonstration. There are scripted things. Ubisoft never said that you can manipulate crowds into going inside palaces and causing havoc, it's scripted. Can you get firework distractions in EVERY Assassination? No, only Marie Levesque's Can you smoke out guards in every Assassination? No, only in Le Roi De thune's

It's a scripted event, mate.

crusader_prophet
12-17-2014, 10:38 PM
It's the same thing. Something present at E3 and trailers is not in the final game, it happens all the time with every game. It's called a demonstration. There are scripted things. Ubisoft never said that you can manipulate crowds into to going inside palaces and causing havoc, it's scripted. Can you get firework distractions in EVERY Assassination? No, only Marie Levesque's

It's a scripted event, mate.

Watch and hear the co-op trailer carefully, you will see what UbiSoft said and showed.

And gameplay trailers or cinematic trailers are not supposed to be glorified misrepresentation of the game. I have never noticed this before with any other AC games.

Assassin_M
12-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Watch and hear the co-op trailer carefully, you will see what UbiSoft said and showed.

And gameplay trailers or cinematic trailers are not supposed to be glorified misrepresentation of the game. I have never noticed this before with any other AC games.
I watched and heard. The only time she said anything general was "Crowds will react to the player and they can use these reactions to their advantage" You can do that. The rest is her describing the scene, she doesnt say "You can do that all the time, anywhere" No, it's this mission's specific event. Fact is, you CAN manipulate crowds and make distractions, it's just mission specific. For this mission, the crowd happens to pour inside the palace and throw a stone at the window, for another mission, the fireworks display gathers a crowd at the hall way.

They're not misrepresentations, they're supposed to be glorious and cinematic. They're scripted demos. Guards in AC II don't notice you leaping into haystacks, their searching is scripted, you can't call 15 Assassins to fight with you in ACB, you can't kill guards with their own weapons in ACR, delivery quests don't have dialogues in AC III, there are no blending animations in AC IV. It's the same thing. I can bring up more examples but really, i'm not interested in arguing with you. You're headset on whatever it is you're complaining about, i'm just here to say what's going on. You don't want to listen, fine.