PDA

View Full Version : Should I quit the franchise

hapkidolaurent
12-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to tell you first that I am a big Fanboy of Assassins Creed. I played EVERY game (also those for the mobile phone) and enjoyed it. But with Unity I ve got a big punch in the kdney. The game was like "Oh, so you wanna play with me? Here F. you!" And unfortuantely I didnt really enjoy it that much (despite with all the bugs )
And I am really afraid that Victory will not be different, that we will have again a soulless character who is out for vengence because again of a stereotype reason, like family murder, betrayal, or maybe somone has kicked his kitty. I dont know. Anyway I told myself that I will buy Victory without watching reviews. But I know that If Victory will suck, then it will be my last Ubisoft game that Ill buy before I read some reviews. And if they do not progress in overall quality at all, it might even be my last assassins creed game. I hope it doesnt come to that but ubisoft cant abuse their fans like that. I dont shi* money.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/57223017.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 08:03 AM
Yeah, you should do that.

Form of protest.

I won't be pre-ordering Victory.

I pre-ordered the first time ever and it was for Unity. Biggest mistake I ever made in my life.

Living example of the dangers of pre-orders.

Anyway, yeah. Best to just wait.

I'm probably just going to watch a walkthrough of the story.

The first generation AC is where my love lies anyway

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 08:20 AM
Long live the First Generation... :rolleyes:

But yeah, I'm afraid Victory/Sam(whatever his name is) will be another generic revenge/redemption storyline with a another boring protagonist that will most likely have the personality/traits of most people's favorite character. -__-

And no, once again, I don't hate Ezio.

hapkidolaurent
12-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Long live the First Generation... :rolleyes:

But yeah, I'm afraid Victory/Sam(whatever his name is) will be another generic revenge/redemption storyline with a another boring protagonist that will most likely have the personality/traits of most people's favorite character. -__-

And no, once again, I don't hate Ezio.

This is really sad, if this will be true then Ubisoft just showes once again that they give a flying lying ***c about what we say here. In theri own forum. The hell is wrong with them?

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 08:26 AM
"some dudes tryn to take over! And they rekt mah stuff and peeps i luv! Grr imma kill dem"

hapkidolaurent
12-17-2014, 08:34 AM
"some dudes tryn to take over! And they rekt mah stuff and peeps i luv! Grr imma kill dem"

you forgot: "We just hacked your HomeTV and your console at home and should destroy abstergo, therefore you should work for us! Why? Because of reasons! Oh and I have a super creative name...Bishop"

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 08:36 AM

What? XD

you forgot: "We just hacked your HomeTV and your console at home and should destroy abstergo, therefore you should work for us! Why? Because of reasons! Oh and I have a super creative name...Bishop"

*Pulls out Rifle*

Do...NOT talk about my Bishop.

:mad:

:rolleyes:

:cool:

hapkidolaurent
12-17-2014, 08:46 AM
What? XD

*Pulls out Rifle*

Do...NOT talk about my Bishop.

:mad:

:rolleyes:

:cool:

oh look, a over attached boyfriend :P

and happy birthday btw :D

D.I.D.
12-17-2014, 08:48 AM
It's already a long series, after a short number of years. The quality goes up and down all the time in different ways, but you already know that. Different groups of people have their own ideas about what constitutes a raise or a drop in quality, and they care about different aspects more than others. Should you quit the series? Yeah, why not? Don't even wait for the next one. If you want it to be fully satisfying all the time, then it's already proved to you that this isn't possible.

If the game keeps the open design elements and challenge of Unity, I am certainly going to stick with it. I've been waiting for the game to put an emphasis on the things that were the promise of the series, the back-of-an-envelope idea of what the game ought to be, and I love it now. I love sitting on a high point, looking down, hatching a plan and then swooping in to do it. I love attracting more danger than I intended, realising that I'm in over my head, and having to run away. I love dismantling defences piece by piece, or leaving them at full strength and just sneaking through. I love it when I find a co-op partner who's instantly in sync with me, and we go off handling separate halves of the mission without even needing to talk. I love playing through the game again and discovering different ways to handle a mission, and the new situations that emerge. It's got problems still, and it's introduced some new ones, but AC's always been a work in progress. There's no way I'd walk away now when it's built so many great things in this one game, and when the paths to fixing the rest are so eminently achievable.

So if you don't like this one, even aside from its early bugs, then stop now because you already wasted too much money. Alternatively, as you suggest, you could wait for reviews. You should do that anyway. It shouldn't be a normal state of affairs to put your money down unquestioningly, and we have to accept that this is a massive gamble. Even then, reviews aren't even going to save you from every bad purchase. I bought Alien:Isolation this year, and most reviews said it would be great. My instincts told me that I'd love it just for the environments, if nothing else. It didn't work out - I found a ton of really unforgivable bugs, and it was poorly designed and really, really, boring. Other people loved it. Different strokes.

Namikaze_17
12-17-2014, 08:59 AM
oh look, a over attached boyfriend :P

and happy birthday btw :D

You know it. :cool:

And thanks. ^^

hapkidolaurent
12-17-2014, 09:02 AM
^
Okay you make some fairly good points. But the thing what drove me the most through all those games was the story. And since Desmond is [SPOILERS] dead, the story went down. I know many people didnt like Desmond but at least the story had somone we were able to relate to. But we had this discussion already in other threads.
You know you say I should quit Assassins Creed but it isnt that easy. Its like an addiction. Even the last game was utterly bad, I want more.. but still my brain (and my wallet) say that I shall wait.... hard decisions everywhere.
By the way, I found a fantastic little youtuber (20k) who does reviews in a really subjectiv/objectiv manner. If you want to take a look at him I will post his video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h13CSI5VVJc

Fatal-Feit
12-17-2014, 09:37 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That meme is so true.

hapkidolaurent
12-17-2014, 09:58 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That meme is so true.