PDA

View Full Version : Replies

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 01:05 AM
The Speed of the HAwker hurricane is way Off please fix it.

It should be able to go 288mph or 250 Knots and this is fact so get on the ball.

Bear

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 01:05 AM
The Speed of the HAwker hurricane is way Off please fix it.

It should be able to go 288mph or 250 Knots and this is fact so get on the ball.

Bear

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 01:57 AM
According to IL-2compare, the Hurri MK1 can do 460km/h (288mph) at 2000m using wep, and 430km/h without.

At sea level, it does 420 with WEP, 390km/h without.

Its max speed is 520km/h at 6000m.

Is this correct? You sound like you would know.

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 02:11 AM
After testing the topspeed of Hurri IIB, I stand corrected.

The object viewer states a topspeed of 531 km/h at 5425m.

The best I could get ingame (110%, WEP, prop 75%) was 467km/h. Any other prop setting caused the plane to slow down.

This doesn't correspond with IL-2compare, which states the correct 531km/h value for 5425m. I guess IL2compare is not accurate after all.

Message Edited on 09/19/0307:12PM by StG77_Fennec

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 03:23 AM
Top speeds on the far line in Il-2C charts can best be attained by diving into your cruise level. You can't ever reach them by climbing into or flat accelerating. Just as it was in real life, even a modest dive will work. In fact some of these planes after setting the max speed in auto level from a dive and hitting the far chart value will lose 20Kph by firing all guns in a sustained burst, and never gain the speed back.

Try dumping your drag to get maximum accelleration. Read about it here.

http://www.simhq.com/_air/air_015a.html

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 03:25 AM
Almost all the aircraft speeds are wrong...this is nothing new.
47|FC

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 05:03 AM
For all you non fullscale pilots....a planes max level speed is almost unknown. For example, a Cessna 152's max speed in level flight is about 115knots, and that's overrevving the engine. It's indicated as having a Vne speed (never exceed) speed of 150knots, but it will only reach this in a sharp dive. Too many different factors contribute to a plane's realistic level top speed. I've flown 3 different 152's and all had different top speeds because all had different weights, configurations and populations of bugs on the leading edges! LOL

Wouldn't that be cool? Have the flight models of each plane (even same type) be slightly different to simulate control surface rigging differences, bugs on leading edges, weight differences, etc?

I've flown 172's that performed like Extra 300's and 172's that could hardly get off the ground, and some that didn't fly straight because the rigging was whacked out. No two planes fly exactly alike.

Something that's hard to simulate....the sound of the air getting louder and louder as it passes around the plane....you pass about 125knots in a 152 and fear starts to set in, you can feel and hear the speed! You can really feel the control surfaces tightening up! It's a rush!

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:25 AM
RedManAce wrote:
- Top speeds on the far line in Il-2C charts can best
- be attained by diving into your cruise level. You
- can't ever reach them by climbing into or flat
- accelerating. Just as it was in real life, even a
- modest dive will work. In fact some of these planes
- after setting the max speed in auto level from a
- dive and hitting the far chart value will lose 20Kph
- by firing all guns in a sustained burst, and never
- gain the speed back.
-
- Try dumping your drag to get maximum accelleration.
- Read about it here.

That gets your speed up...but you can't hold it. If your engine/prop can't produce enough thrust to offset the drag at a speed you *will* slow down.