PDA

View Full Version : The middle finger raised at PC gamers yet again.

kingcasper2010
12-16-2014, 11:59 PM
I just dont understand the hate ubisoft gives us :( I paid the same amount of money as the console kids..

havent been able to play my game for a long time now..finally patch 4 hits.. but PC is "delayed"

sad day :(

Freyr1983
12-17-2014, 12:05 AM
I just dont understand the hate ubisoft gives us :( I paid the same amount of money as the console kids..

havent been able to play my game for a long time now..finally patch 4 hits.. but PC is "delayed"

No big deal,

Just wait for a few more days :)

MrChris.
12-17-2014, 12:21 AM
same for me bro cant understand why ubisoft hates us soo much

LateralusGTS
12-17-2014, 12:24 AM
So is the game unplayable for you guys? Im getting an average of 40fps (30min test) and zero crashes (30hrs+ of play time). I do get texture popping from afar in big crowds, only hope this new patch can minimize that and maybe up the FPS but really 40 is fine for me.

D.I.D.
12-17-2014, 03:20 AM
This game is way better already on PC than Black Flag will ever be. I couldn't get an acceptable frame rate at 1440p with that game and had to play it at 1080p, but Unity is much more demanding and yet gets me a minimum of 45fps at 1080p (FXAA, all Nvidia features on and maxed) and a solid 30fps locked at 1440p (FXAA, all Nvidia features except soft shadows, everything else maxed).

As for the wait, consoles are the easier job, and they represent a larger number of customers than us. We have a ton of variables to account for with our patches. Be patient and play something else.

It wasn't that long ago that you wouldn't have had much hope of seeing console games on PC at all, but the last 7 years or so have been remarkably good for us. A company can't "like" or "hate" the hardware you use, but they serve our market despite the hassles.

Elgirts
12-17-2014, 03:23 AM
PC version is coming out sometime this week!?!?

WHY? Is it because there are some limitations preventing the PC version from patching with the rest?
Or is it because us PC gamers are thought of as junk to the developers. We are not worthy of concern or care? We are not important enough to UBISoft?

If in fact there were limitations, then why not give us a heads up?. "Oh by the way, the patch will be out for the consoles this week, PC to follow shortly thereafter." Instead you get us all waiting in anticipation and then drop the bomb..."Have fun with the patch you console players....but not you, you PC scum. You have to wait."
I'm sorry that us PC players are not the bright star in your eyes, but at least show us some respect! Don't insult us any more than you already have.

A little info can go along way in maintaining the dwindling respect that you are rapidly loosing.

-----

Fortunately I did not buy this game. It was gifted to me by a friend. I do enjoy the game quite a bit despite the ... issues. I continue to play it not out of loyalty to the brand, but out of respect for the purchase my friend made. My friend has EARNED my respect. UBISoft, I challenge you. Change your ways. EARN our respect!

RVSage
12-17-2014, 03:46 AM
Common people. What do you want them to do.. PC is more diverse and difficult to optimize for.. If they dont make announcements also you guys.. complain.. If they make proper patches and updates too you guys complain.. Honestly there are so much other stuff you can do rather than being complain boxes... :confused: ... I am not supporting Ubi... but this is highly stupid to me ... Just blind complaining... I mean what's the point here???

Freyr1983
12-17-2014, 03:54 AM
Common people. What do you want them to do.. PC is more diverse and difficult to optimize for.. If they dont make announcements also you guys.. complain.. If they make proper patches and updates too you guys complain.. Honestly there are so much other stuff you can do rather than being complain boxes... :confused: ... I am not supporting Ubi... but this is highly stupid to me ... Just blind complaining... I mean what's the point here???

Maybe they did not know how diverse and diffcult to optimize for pc version..and dun keep complaining for the sake of complaining -_-

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Be patient, children.

There is a lot more work that goes into patching PC games than console games.

PricklyBlitz
12-17-2014, 06:03 AM
Ubisoft hates us because they think 90% of us pirate the game and feel like they will earn no profits from us.

Freyr1983
12-17-2014, 06:19 AM
Please stop complaining guys ? Ubisoft did not said they not release patch for pc . they did said that it will be later as is quite hard diverse and diffcult to optimize for pc version.

Man -_-

Red_dawn87
12-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Dont worry man the game is a 1 time only game unless you take a break from it and come back to play I finished the story (not 100% sync ) and finished the co-op + heist (100% just find a nice active crew) just waiting for this patch to chk out wht club competition is AND if everything goes well the dates and info for the game coming on Jan 26-28 (dont want to name it xD ) this game will have to go to make for it

P.s. For now its a place holder till the said date above and thinking of installing AC4BF atm.

Freyr1983
12-17-2014, 06:23 AM
just can't stand people who keep complaining despite ubisoft is working on the patch.

ChittyBeef
12-17-2014, 07:12 AM
So is the game unplayable for you guys? Im getting an average of 40fps (30min test) and zero crashes (30hrs+ of play time). I do get texture popping from afar in big crowds, only hope this new patch can minimize that and maybe up the FPS but really 40 is fine for me.

Stuttering, random 5-10 second freezes, get around 39/40 fps but then will violently drop to 20-25 for a couple of seconds, texture popping, AI bugs, crashes if I play full screen and cannot recover to windows, does not crash if in a window, some parts of paris are so horrible to be in fps wise, while other parts are fine.

One example is that maze garden, holy mother of god do the frames drop when I'm in there, so bizarre.

Elgirts
12-17-2014, 07:17 AM

That's fine.. I understand that the PC aspect is more complex... However, they should not go around saying that a patch will be coming out on a specific date (Which was delayed by the way) and saying "We expect that Patch 4 will be released next week on Monday, December 15 across all platforms." then reneging on that statement.

Let me repeat the quote from their own words, "We expect that Patch 4 will be released next week on Monday, December 15 across all platforms."

Now if they encountered problems and thus had to push back the PC patch, then fine. I can except that. Hell, I'd even expect it. However, by presenting it in the way that they did, it was a slap in the face. It was insulting and made me, (and what I have read from others), feel like we as PC players are not important to UBISoft. That we do not matter.

So let me get back to a part of your statement..

Common people. What do you want them to do...
Answer: I want them to be honest with us and not string us along.

itzrayen22
12-17-2014, 07:33 AM
Please come back when you've figured out what the phrase "We expect" means. Also, as for priority, there isn't really such a thing. As they've stated, it's not one group of people that work on the game. Each platform (PC, XBox, PS) has their own engine team, and then you have dozens of other teams for assets like, sound, music, voices, artwork, modelling, missions, story, marketing, PR, etc, etc. The fact that a patch for consoles is coming out first means little, and certainly not that they don't care about PC. The only way for them to be completely sure is to wait until the patch is already finalized and uploaded, staying silent during that time. And let's be honest, when they do that you complain just as much. I'd much rather periodic updates where they've slightly miscalculated an ETA, then no updates at all.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 11:39 AM

Ubisoft does not hate PC gamers..

Now if they encountered problems and thus had to push back the PC patch, then fine. I can except that. Hell, I'd even expect it.

Answer: I want them to be honest with us and not string us along.

And that's what happened - and we informed people as soon as possible:
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188879-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

As stated last week, we’d expected to release the patch today (and we know that many are anticipating its release), but we are choosing to hold off until we can give you the improvements we’ve promised. We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve.

The patch is coming this week, so please bear with us a little longer - the Console Patch was also delayed, however that was ready before the PC version this time.

ecocrash
12-17-2014, 03:29 PM

I wish I was getting 40 fps, I'm lucky to get 25, and that is still with some stuttering, freezes, etc, with a I7, hd6990 , and 8gb of ram.

Seibzz
12-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Ubisoft does not hate PC gamers..

You'll be kind enough to spare us with the formatted, boring, old as f**** PR bs, thank you. In short, stop taking customers and forum readers for idiots.

I'd like to explain why, but this is long, with a big list of examples. I'll just point you at this article which is a very good read, far from the usual bashing, and unlike some of Ubisoft PR, is built on facts, not shaddy statistics pulled out of some baboon's butt (you know, the 95% of PC gamers are pirates from your CEO).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2014/11/14/its-time-to-boycott-ubisofts-pc-games/

and in case you want just a brief sum-up:

Remember Ubisoft’s anti-consumer, always-online DRM of 2010?
Remember Anno 2070′s limited number of installations?
Remember Stanislas Mettra’s suggestion that PC gamers were all pirates and it wouldn’t be worth porting I Am Alive to PC?
Remember when Ubisoft told PC Gamer that 95% of their consumers — THEIR CUSTOMERS — would just pirate Ghost Recon Future Soldier?
Remember when UPlay installed a browser plugin without permission that ended up being a serious security risk?
Remember when UPlay broke Watch Dogs and you couldn’t play it?
Remember how basically every PC game they publish has serious performance issues compared to their console counterparts?

Do you know what you get when you constantly upset your customers ( you'll notice I didn't use the word fans, this is business, not philantropy) with lies, insults (because people who pay for your products sure enjoy to be called thieves), etc etc?
I'm pretty sure anyone with common sense will tell you this, and these people don't need to come out of big business schools: you're losing their respect, and their support (for your company, that means $$$$$$$)

And if you still have doubts about it, this is the new meme on gaming sites:

"Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us,"

-- Ubisoft 15th Dec 2014

comedy gold !

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm not trying to breach the forum rules by saying this, and I say this with as much civility as humanly possible...

But some of you are acting like ridiculously entitled, spoiled brats.

The PC patch is being released soon. Ubisoft stated this clearly in their last update. There are a million reasons why a PC patch needs more time to prepare than console patches. For one, consoles are all uniform in hardware, whereas PC's can vary in countless ways. Creating a PC patch that will fix everyone's problems is something that I can understand takes more time. Once Ubisoft realized the patch wasn't ready on December 15, they did the right thing by delaying it. Goodness knows they ought to recognize when something isn't ready for release, right?

These accusations that Ubisoft hates PC gamers is hilarious nonsense.

Numbtoyou
12-17-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm not trying to breach the forum rules by saying this, and I say this with as much civility as humanly possible...

But some of you are acting like ridiculously entitled, spoiled brats.

The PC patch is being released soon. Ubisoft stated this clearly in their last update. There are a million reasons why a PC patch needs more time to prepare than console patches. For one, consoles are all uniform in hardware, whereas PC's can vary in countless ways. Creating a PC patch that will fix everyone's problems is something that I can understand takes more time. Once Ubisoft realized the patch wasn't ready on December 15, they did the right thing by delaying it. Goodness knows they ought to recognize when something isn't ready for release, right?

These accusations that Ubisoft hates PC gamers is hilarious nonsense.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892110-Some-of-Ubisoft-devs-don-t-care-about-PC-Forums

Im just gonna leave this right here...... I mean...who cares right?

jeje_71
12-17-2014, 09:08 PM
seeing the support forum, i'm not so sure e're missing much versus consoles...

LateralusGTS
12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
ok, so maybe Ubisoft should have upped the system requirements for the game on PC. It works just fine on my PC 95% of the time (no crashes, 40fps, texture popping in large crowds). So in other words...GET A F******* JOB AND BUY A BETTER GPU/CPU!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no seriously maybe lower your settings or upgrade your PC

Numbtoyou
12-17-2014, 10:04 PM
ok, so maybe Ubisoft should have upped the system requirements for the game on PC. It works just fine on my PC 95% of the time (no crashes, 40fps, texture popping in large crowds). So in other words...GET A F******* JOB AND BUY A BETTER GPU/CPU!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no seriously maybe lower your settings or upgrade your PC

Ahh yes the whole " Its your crappy PC's fault". I'm pretty sure my 5820k at 4.6 ghz, and 980 gtx should be able to handle the game. But yes...keep on spreading idiocy.

LateralusGTS
12-17-2014, 10:46 PM
Ahh yes the whole " Its your crappy PC's fault". I'm pretty sure my 5820k at 4.6 ghz, and 980 gtx should be able to handle the game. But yes...keep on spreading idiocy.

well im sorry, i dunno what to tell you. Seems like your computer is superior than mine and still cant run the game. I wonder how many ppl with your set up are having the same issues as you. Are you running SLI? I heard for whatever reason, the game doesnt do well with SLI. Maybe you have malware or other crap slowing your computer? Latest drivers? Idk, i just find it odd that with your exceptional machine your having so many issues. Whats your average fps?