PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit for compensation for those who have not Gotten what they payed for!

Nocturnal626
12-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Hi Guys, Contacted my lawyer and we are starting a class action lawsuit against ubisoft for selling an incomplete product and falsely advertising said product. Those wishing to seek compensation should check back regularly i will be posting information as it becomes available.

kingcasper2010
12-16-2014, 11:57 PM
id settle for a 50% discount on the next AC game...

lawsuit seems extreme

who hurt you as a child :O

Freyr1983
12-17-2014, 12:07 AM
Ya This is too extreme =_=

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 12:11 AM
Too extreme? It has been a month and still no fix. Consoles get the patch and still nothing for PC Users! If you don't want compensation than don't worry about it. Im trying to get my money back and help those who want there money back get that as well. We did not get what was advertised to us and i have no desire to play this game anymore. Even looking at it in my library upsets me i want nothing to do with it! All support does is say be patient well no you should have released a working game. Im fed up with company's promising one thing and doing another. Hopefully after this Company's will learn not to do this to their fanbase. I will stop at no expense and get the best lawyer possible for this!

similarly
12-17-2014, 12:12 AM
I doubt very much that it'll ever see a courtroom. I think you're wasting your time.

pdc1983
12-17-2014, 12:17 AM
I completely understand your frustration but is this even worth the legal fees and time? Personally, when i get frustrated over a crappy product I just avoid future products from that company and, in a sense, that's the best way to send a message to any business. In any case, good luck with your lawsuit.

LateralusGTS
12-17-2014, 12:20 AM
Not sure if you are trolling.... you wouldn't happen to be SuperTails? the same guy who was trying to sue Nintendo Gamefreak Pokemon because other players were using action replay on their Pokemon X and Y games? Well, Im not sure what happened to him. Anyways, a lawsuit seems uncalled for, it looks like Ubisoft is trying to fix things. I started playing after patch 3, not sure what it was like before patch 3 and the only issue I have is texture popping. My new rig is pretty damn good, im playing on ultra high, been playing for 30 hrs + and ZERO CRASHES. Like I said the only complaints are those graphic pop ups from afar in a big crowd, not sure if its from my part or the engine Ubisoft used isnt as optimized (ie smooth transition as oppose to instant pop). It isnt that noticeable anyways for the most part. Then theres AC initiates and companion App, what a mess, hopefully they can solve those two as well.

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 12:26 AM
I am on PC and honestly seeing them release the patch for console and saying forget pc is just too much. I asked questions on live updates and watched moderators respond to anyone on a console and as soon as they hear you are on PC nothing. no reply no ETA Absolutely nothing. This is just by far the worst Experience i have ever had in gaming and i was there for the mess that was BF4 and Simcity. If we as End users don't send a clear message and force a company to compensate people who want a refund for not getting what we payed for this will continue to be an issue plaguing the video game industry cause it is getting worse and worse as time goes on. i know i am irate about this issue but after a month of checking a website to not know anything and to have promise after promise broken I cannot stand idle while i get lied to anymore!

NightmareGK13
12-17-2014, 12:42 AM
id settle for a 50% discount on the next AC game...

lawsuit seems extreme

who hurt you as a child :O

I support this

50% off on next AC game for people who bought AC: Unity

LateralusGTS
12-17-2014, 12:43 AM
woops, my mistake, I just realized this post was in the PC section (derp). Im sorry you are having so many issues, honestly Im not having that many on my PC, and I know each PC is different. I also think Ubisoft has gotten the clear message, I bet a ton of peeps are sending crazy hate mail, tons of tickets, and im sure some psychos are issuing death threats, i mean holy cow look at the comments EVERYWHERE. I would be extremely pissed off too IF ubisoft wasnt doing jackS*** about it but it seems to me they are trying. Hopefully they will learn their lesson with AC: Victory.

similarly
12-17-2014, 01:16 AM
I am on PC and honestly seeing them release the patch for console and saying forget pc is just too much. I asked questions on live updates and watched moderators respond to anyone on a console and as soon as they hear you are on PC nothing. no reply no ETA Absolutely nothing. This is just by far the worst Experience i have ever had in gaming and i was there for the mess that was BF4 and Simcity. If we as End users don't send a clear message and force a company to compensate people who want a refund for not getting what we payed for this will continue to be an issue plaguing the video game industry cause it is getting worse and worse as time goes on. i know i am irate about this issue but after a month of checking a website to not know anything and to have promise after promise broken I cannot stand idle while i get lied to anymore!

They're not ignoring PC. It'll just take more time.

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 01:25 AM
I am a lawyer and I can definitively tell you that filing a lawsuit is a stupid, ridiculous idea and a waste of your time and money. I have a hard time believing you've actually retained a lawyer to file such a class-action lawsuit, because any attorney with half a brain should know how absurd this is.

Even if you find a crazy enough lawyer to file a complaint against Ubisoft, you're not going to win. And even if you miraculously did, the costs in filing and pursuing the lawsuit would eclipse ten-fold whatever measly recovery you're awarded. You would need expert witnesses to explain to jurors how the game should work, why your system is compliant, how the expert verified that your computer contained no malware, that it was not your video card, that you had the current drivers, and so on. And that's all if you can even survive a 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss, and I really doubt you would.

Has your attorney even read the Terms of Service of AC:U? Because I'm willing to bet that you'd be subject to an arbitration clause, which means you'll never see the light of day in a court room and a judge would dismiss your case and send you to arbitration.

Nothing about this game was "falsely advertised." A court would need to verify that everyone who is having problems with AC:U are having legitimate issues, i.e., not because your specs are actually way under par, or any number of other reasons, which would entail an endless discovery process. "Selling an incomplete product" is not even a cognizable cause of action. Did your lawyer make that up?

Think of it this way:

You go to the grocery store and buy frozen chicken wings. The commercial says these frozen chicken wings are great, but when you go home and eat them, turns out they suck. Do you sue the chicken wing company for making bad chicken wings? Of course not. As a consumer, the way you "get back" at these companies for making a poor product is not by suing them, you do it by using your purchasing power and refusing to buy any more of their product, and educating the general public that the company makes a crappy product.

If you're on a PC and AC:U doesn't work (literally "game-broken"), and your specs are actually up to par to the game's requirements, and you can verify it with Ubisoft, then your best bet of getting your money back is by demanding a refund. Even that's unlikely.

I'm an ardent video gamer, but if you are so upset that AC:U doesn't work for you that you've actually gone through the trouble of paying a retainer on an attorney to file this ridiculous lawsuit, you need to stop taking video games so seriously.

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 01:31 AM
I will stop at no expense and get the best lawyer possible for this!

I thought you already had an attorney?

Hi Guys, Contacted my lawyer and we are starting a class action lawsuit against ubisoft for selling an incomplete product and falsely advertising said product.

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 01:35 AM
I am on PC and honestly seeing them release the patch for console and saying forget pc is just too much.

Ubisoft has literally never said that.

From their Live Update page (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32) on Patch 4:

This Patch is rolling out to Xbox One and PS4 players today and will be available later in the week on PC. You can find the full patch notes here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/975386-Patch-4-Release-Notes).

CrimzonRazor
12-17-2014, 01:48 AM
You have any idea how much it would cost you to do this, I got a good laugh out of thinking about it. Add on top the cost involved since they are a over sea's company and the cost really shoots up. Not sure what you think you will gain by making this claim on the forums but it isnt going to happen. Did you read the terms before you installed the game btw.

RVSage
12-17-2014, 01:50 AM
This guy obviously is a spoiled kid.. who has not seen the world.. Go to countries where poor people than you live.. you will appreciate the value of basic needs that other kids in these countries dream off.. If you have money.. Go spend it on kids and millions who need it.. rather than such pointless and lame lawsuits.. and that too for a Pc game.. which can be fixed with patches.. Seriously we must strictly enforce not selling such games to kids like this guy...To be honest

Walter_white_
12-17-2014, 02:27 AM
Ubisoft is a multi-billion dollar company. Sure they're as scumbag as they come, but it doesn't take a genius to work out you won't win.

USAdystopia
12-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Hi Guys, Contacted my lawyer and we are starting a class action lawsuit against ubisoft for selling an incomplete product and falsely advertising said product. Those wishing to seek compensation should check back regularly i will be posting information as it becomes available.

Makes absolute sense to spend 8 to 9 thousand bucks to save 30-60 bucks. YOUR "lawyer" was joking, right? They've already offered *free game* or *free DLC*. Thanks for the humor, though.

D.I.D.
12-17-2014, 03:11 AM
I'm going to stick my neck out and say your lawyer doesn't exist and you haven't discussed any such thing, but if I'm wrong then tell him/her to sue me.

I don't know what the basis would be for your case, especially if the first point is that consoles (the biggest share of customers, and the easiest to serve) got the patch first. It's almost as if all you're trying to do is hurry along the PC patch. What did Lionel Hutz say about this?

Freyr1983
12-17-2014, 03:38 AM
Makes absolute sense to spend 8 to 9 thousand bucks to save 30-60 bucks. YOUR "lawyer" was joking, right? They've already offered *free game* or *free DLC*. Thanks for the humor, though.

Haha ya i do hope this is a joke -_- . no point going for lawsuit case for this

strigoi1958
12-17-2014, 05:02 AM
Hooray I was wondering when someone was going to mention a class action lawsuit so funny... the last guy spent 3 days crying himself to sleep... just reading how devastating a game runs can be blown completely out of proportion just makes me laugh... 2 people I work with have found out they're extremely ill and an ex colleague was found dead by his neighbour... and I should worry about a game... some people lack any perspective.

nevio_m
12-17-2014, 06:08 AM
I think the guy at least as a point. The whole "world problems first" thing i always thought is amazingly dumb and meaningless.
I mean, i do a lot of charity, donate, try to help people in needs whenever i can, i visited 3rd world countries personally a few times and i'm very much socially active, and you bet i have my fair share of personal life issues that are much more relevant, yet that doesn't mean i wouldn't give a crap if i get scammed by a company with a bad product. By following that line of thought of yours, you shouldn't buy games in the first place because you could use your money for better things like charity instead.
About the lawsuit itself, i agree that it's pretty unlikely to do any good, yet that is, if anything, a proof that the legal systems that rule us are flawed. A customer should be able to make their rights be respected when buying a product and should be able to get back adequate compensation.
Ubisoft gave people free games? That's just a publicity stunt due to VERY negative feedback they received. Their trade stocks fell like a rock when Unity came out, and for a good reason.
I preordered a Guillottine Edition from their Ubishop for 140 euros a year before the game came out and got a flawed game, yet i won't get any free game while any customer that bought a standard (and even less pricey if you live in the US due to the amazing 1$=1EUR scam we suffer in Europe everytime) copy of the game + season pass get a free game. Is that fair compensation? I don't think so.
On one thing i agree, and that's using your purchasing power. Rest assured i wasn't too excited about the AC Victory reveal and i pretty much WON'T preorder that. Actually, i may even not buy the game at all.

eternalsoul201
12-17-2014, 07:17 AM
sue the [Removed] those greedy [Removed], and as for you people that are saying too extreme go [Removed] yourselves with your ACU box, some people are really like that Nocturnal626 the more they get robbed the more they love it. hit 'em over the head take there wallet and they'll kiss ya. whoever would say that suiing ubisoft is too extreme probably works for them.
the game is incomplete, we purchased an incomplete game they knew about it, they didn't care so why should we. we feel like we got robbed..your feeling like they need the money more than you right. that's because your a little rich bit*h. stop getting people to post too extreme [Removed] ACU [Removed] just like your company. [Removed] THIEVES

eternalsoul201
12-17-2014, 07:58 AM
This guy obviously is a spoiled kid.. who has not seen the world.. Go to countries where poor people than you live.. you will appreciate the value of basic needs that other kids in these countries dream off.. If you have money.. Go spend it on kids and millions who need it.. rather than such pointless and lame lawsuits.. and that too for a Pc game.. which can be fixed with patches.. Seriously we must strictly enforce not selling such games to kids like this guy...To be honest

why don't you tell ubisoft to do that you [Removed] they got all are money, yea it's a shame for them kids. what they can't grow crops in Africa everything else grows they have soil rich lands they don't want to do it. and if your talking about arabs there people are suffering in a religious war they been fighting for thousands of years..so they flee there homes to live in the desert..where theres no food and no water..they need to come together to help each other.well its greedy corporates like ubisoft oil industries GREED is the root of all evil here, and they should all be lucky from my wrath

USAdystopia
12-17-2014, 09:08 AM
why don't you tell ubisoft to do that you [Removed] they got all are money, yea it's a shame for them kids. what they can't grow crops in Africa everything else grows they have soil rich lands they don't want to do it. and if your talking about arabs there people are suffering in a religious war they been fighting for thousands of years..so they flee there homes to live in the desert..where theres no food and no water..they need to come together to help each other.well its greedy corporates like ubisoft oil industries GREED is the root of all evil here, and they should all be lucky from my wrath

Huh...I'd NEVER go TO a riot...some people are attracted to them...hoody, face covering and a bag of rocks.

RVSage
12-17-2014, 09:10 AM

I can see with your choice of words that.. That you are one frustrated guy.. They are indeed working hard to their patches.. A season pass holder pays $29.00.. But some of the games they are giving free is atleast $10 more than that.. And they are giving DLC free to everyone.. Do you think that is not repaying back?
Okay leave the ubi business guys... Think about the Ubi devs.. How many of them are working hard to get this done.. They need holidays to and families too.. Everyone has put in a lot of effort.. If you can't appreciate... it at least don't insult the effort those devs put in..

I won't bother to reply people like you, who instantly use curse words. to show their superiority..in an argument...Because it is seldom such people have good reasoning..

And regarding world politics.. my point was there are so many other people who fight for basic needs, leave alone asian or african countries.. There are many people homeless even in developed countries like USA.. And that's a different story.. My point there was there are far more important and serious stuff around us.. If you can't understand the simple point.. I was stating.. please don't over react with curse words... Because I can't help your frustration only you can...

YazX_
12-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Guys, please be civil and no need for insults/attacking/flaming, if you want to continue discussion, please post in proper manner, otherwise this topic will be locked.

Thanks

gthroc
12-17-2014, 03:06 PM
I too have spoken with my lawyer, and he advised that it would be a valid suit to follow but would do better with more upset customers on board. I will join you nocturnal.

gthroc
12-17-2014, 03:32 PM
everyone keeps posting how they are so awesome for offering free games and dlc from their company. Why would I ever buy a rancid, piece of chicken and then complain to the company and be happy that they offered me more rancid meat. This makes no sense to me. I want my money back for a product that I purchased and never worked. It is that simply. I will not purchase Ubisoft brand anything again, that is a given. But I wont stand by and be robbed either. Which is exactly what this company has done to numerous customers. I have sent multiple emails, and posted on forums, at first I was very nice because I know there are hiccups in any new game. But then I got angry at the lack of care on the companies part. SO I politely requested my money back. To which they replied they could offer me 3 free games of my choosing, but no refunds. again this does not make since if you are willing to lose money on giving games away, why not just refund my purchase. I am not now and will not in the future be interested in any rushed for release game or product in general that Ubisoft has to offer. I was taken advantage of, conned out of my money, lied to by this company. I was led to believe that I was purchasing a game that was ready to be played, enjoyed, or at the very least functional for my money and it wasn't upon release and isn't still to this date.

So say what you will, let the multi billion dollar company steal your money without recourse. But I am seeking justice. Their company was in trouble financially so they robbed alot of good people to crawl out of a hole. and alot of those people are pleased that they get a free game for being taken advantage of, well I am no sheep. I want my hard earned money back or a fully functional game that I purchased in a timely manner.

DarkSolitudeX
12-17-2014, 03:45 PM
In my opinion, those that want to file a class action lawsuit have every right to do so. If people think that the product that they purchased did not meet what was stated, then yes the producer should be held liable.

I support these individuals. They are willing to take action and speak up to help make these products better one way or another.

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 04:54 PM
So you guys are telling me that someone can sue Red Bull for millions over them not getting wings. But i pay almost 200 Times the cost of a redbull on a game (Yes i meet sys requirements) and it doesn't work and i just have to accept that? No i think all of you are wrong. Yes maybe i will just get my money back but also alot of other people will get there money back and it will send a clear message to Developers about releasing a Beta product instead of finishing there work!

D.I.D.
12-17-2014, 05:57 PM
So you guys are telling me that someone can sue Red Bull for millions over them not getting wings. But i pay almost 200 Times the cost of a redbull on a game (Yes i meet sys requirements) and it doesn't work and i just have to accept that? No i think all of you are wrong. Yes maybe i will just get my money back but also alot of other people will get there money back and it will send a clear message to Developers about releasing a Beta product instead of finishing there work!

But your lawyer doesn't exist. You'll achieve nothing with empty threats. It just makes you look silly.

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 06:12 PM
You know this how?

RVSage
12-17-2014, 06:14 PM

Okay... I have a question you go to a live sport game like basketball , you are in a stadium bought the box tickets which is worth say around $50.. In a home game all gate receipts go to the home team management.. But your home team losses. because it was under prepared for a match.... Do you sue them?????? No you stop supporting them and they loose revenue.. Same applies here... If you feel cheated stop buying games from Ubi.. If more people join.. you they eventually loose revenue.. To go to court... for... "A Game" is the lamest thing one can do.. I do not mean to offend you in anyway... I am tryig to say,..What you are trying to do is not the most ideal solution... because you end up wastng your time , than what is worth...

mickey1231
12-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Okay... I have a question you go to a live sport game like basketball , you are in a stadium bought the box tickets which is worth say around $50.. In a home game all gate receipts go to the home team management.. But your home team losses. because it was under prepared for a match.... Do you sue them?????? No you stop supporting them and they loose revenue.. Same applies here... If you feel cheated stop buying games from Ubi.. If more people join.. you they eventually loose revenue.. To go to court... for... "A Game" is the lamest thing one can do.. I do not mean to offend you in anyway... I am tryig to say,..What you are trying to do is not the most ideal solution... because you end up wastng your time , than what is worth...

I don't mean to offend you but how can you compare a product which you buy with supporting a team like basketball and loosing a game ?? If you buy a product you espect that product to function properly. If you support a team and you bought tickets for it and they loose that game, this can happen but you did see the game. Now we got the game but can't actually play it. Do you see the difference ? There is a difference in functionality.

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 06:30 PM
You know this how?

I know because I'm a lawyer.

This is so stupid. I can't believe this discussion is even being had still.

This lawsuit wouldn't even get past the pleading stage. And even if it somehow did, escaping summary judgment would be a miracle. And all the effort and attorney's fees and expert witness fees and depositions and discovery would amount to tens of thousands of dollars only for Ubisoft's massive legal team to get your case dismissed.

This is not what the American justice system is meant to be used for. As a taxpayer I wouldn't even want a court wasting it's time with a borderline frivolous lawsuit like this.

Ubisoft released a broken, unfinished game. There's plenty reason to be upset about that if you, like me, paid full price. But that does not create a legal cause of action. Or even if it did, the effort and time and money that would have to be poured into such a lawsuit would dwarf whatever tiny recovery you get.

I don't think you have an attorney. I think you're making it up that you've even spoken to one.

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 06:40 PM
I don't mean to offend you but how can you compare a product which you buy with supporting a team like basketball and loosing a game ?? If you buy a product you espect that product to function properly. If you support a team and you bought tickets for it and they loose that game, this can happen but you did see the game. Now we got the game but can't actually play it. Do you see the difference ? There is a difference in functionality.

In the world of modern technology, proving how a video game is supposed to work properly is not easy. Especially on a PC, where there are so many external reasons for a game not functioning the way it's meant to, there are so many reasons for a court or jury to doubt that the game itself is broken and that the problem is actually on the user's end.

You also have to acknowledge the way the video game world works now. What kind of precedent would this kind of lawsuit be setting? Most, if not all video games, that get released these days have at least a couple bugs, glitches, and occasionally game-breaking problems. Is it enough for a game to have a few bugs to justify a lawsuit for "false advertising?" What threshold of disfunctionality in a video game are you people asking for? A court would also consider that, in the modern video game industry, games are not really expected to work perfectly when they are released. Which is why DLC and patches have become so common in the industry. What you're basically asking a court to do is say video game developers should be held liable for damages every time they release a game that doesn't perfectly function 100% the way it was intended. That's insane. That would bankrupt developers and deter indie developers from getting into the business for fear of litigious, spoiled brats filing lawsuits every time a game isn't released perfectly.

Think about what you're asking in this lawsuit. The video game industry has changed. Games are rarely released without bugs or glitches these days, and instead we rely on half-finished products and day one patches and downloadable content to fully enjoy what we paid for. I agree that the way the industry has changed treats customers like crap, and I don't like it any more than you do. But the answer isn't filing a class action lawsuit. The best way for Ubisoft to hear you and hear all of us is by refusing to purchase anymore of their products. Use your purchasing power, not the courts.

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 07:43 PM
Well we will find out know it all from ohio.

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 07:56 PM
Well we will find out know it all from ohio.

Calling me a "know it all from ohio" is very mature. You're only helping to convince me that you're just a delusional entitled child.

I'm trying to help you understand why this idea is ridiculous and why it won't get you anywhere.

I think you're making all this crap up. You don't have an attorney and you've never spoken to one. Even your own posts admit as much. In your OP you said you had a lawyer. In another post you said you were going to get the best lawyer possible. You're not even being consistent.

This entire thread is attempt to troll Ubisoft and scare them into thinking a lawsuit is coming their way. Believe me: they're not scared. They have a massive legal team and you don't have a case.

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 07:59 PM
Sure thing buddy;)

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Sure thing buddy;)

Who's your lawyer? What's his/her name? In what state is he/she licensed to practice?

RVSage
12-17-2014, 08:29 PM

Valid points and good counter points too.. But here is what... I said "box" tickets.. because they are more expensive than some... A person getting a general/economy ticket .. does not get a good view and does not get all the comforts of a box seat... yet he watches the game...Similarly I had no issues running the game.. I have played 50 + hours of this game..completed every mission...Because my hardware is better than some.. So it's all relative... They are at fault.. for not performing best at "recommended settings" and for the bugs.. but all modern games have bugs.. This is a case of over complaining and over reacting... But anyway this my view point.. and you have yours... This whole thread is a troll.. And let me tell you the person who posted this has no intentions of doing anything constructive... This is to create a sensation and bully ubisoft... which obviously is a fail...

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 08:30 PM
It would be silly for me to release information at this time. Plus why do you care? its not your business. Anyways im off this forum don't want to say anything that can come back and hurt me later:p

Aenigmatix
12-17-2014, 08:32 PM
It would be silly for me to release information at this time. Plus why do you care? its not your business. Anyways im off this forum don't want to say anything that can come back and hurt me later:p

Of course not. That's what I thought.

What a joke.

RVSage
12-17-2014, 08:32 PM

And there he goes.. I request the mods shut down this thread (@Yaz_X)..It will be a good thing to do

Nocturnal626
12-17-2014, 08:50 PM
:nonchalance:

D.I.D.
12-17-2014, 09:23 PM
You know this how?

Mate. Stop hitting yourself.

You don't go into a lawyer's office, have a chat, and between the two of you decide to start a class action suit. I could go into the specifics of all the silly things you've said in this thread one by one, but it would take longer than I'm inclined to spend on this.

The first thing any lawyer, or any court system, would want to know is, "What does the company say they're doing about this?". You would say, "Well, they say they're working on it now, and it'll be ready in a few more days, but you see they released Patch 4 this week on PS4 and XBox One, so... you do the math".

That lawyer, or the court, would realise there's no case to answer because action is underway for the fourth time, meaning you've already had three rounds of improvements which prove that the company is spending time and resources to correct this. Then they'd find out about the free DLC and the free game for season pass holders, and they'd give you three seconds to leave before releasing the hounds.

mickey1231
12-17-2014, 09:36 PM
Well i must say by not removing this thread and other complaining threads you do raise the level. Please continue to do so and repair the game like it was meant to be played by the creators. I don't blame them but the marketing division and strategy ( companion app and microtransaction system ) behind it and by pushing the game to early on the market.

YazX_
12-17-2014, 11:26 PM
And there he goes.. I request the mods shut down this thread (@Yaz_X)..It will be a good thing to do

Well, some members broke forum rules on this thread and they have been dealt with, however, as far as this thread goes, if it turned again to a flaming/insulting/attacking thread, then it will be closed for good, so please guys follow forum rules if you wish to continue discussion on this matter.

similarly
12-18-2014, 01:02 AM
One major reason why a lawyer would never take this case as a class action lawsuit is that they couldn't make any kind of case for punitive damages because there's been no HARM caused by it. Sure, some people have felt a little stress, but it's nothing "life and death". You can't play a game for a while. No judge would award punitive damages on that basis. The most the lawyers could look forward to would be basic legal fees, and that's just not worth the time for most of them.

gthroc
01-07-2015, 09:07 PM
I received a settlement out of court. Not what I was wanting, but at least I was heard. I feel that my part in this has been played. and as per my signed agreement I can not say anything further.

gthroc
01-07-2015, 09:11 PM
not the same thing, however if one of the teams never showed and you waited 3 months on the promise that they would show and they still never did, and then you asked for your money back and they said no because eventually they will show up some day. then you have the same situation.

CHosIN1
01-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Congrats for your hopefully you didnt except the free game because it would directly violate the lawsuit. ubi has it written in a way that agree not to sue them.

jeffies04
01-08-2015, 08:24 PM
I received a settlement out of court. Not what I was wanting, but at least I was heard. I feel that my part in this has been played. and as per my signed agreement I can not say anything further.

I'm still not buying this. If you had signed a real NDA you wouldn't have risked running right back to a forum to blab anything about it.

You also must have used The People's Court or something because that is the fastest moving legal system I've ever heard of.

Ansellbwoy
01-09-2015, 02:28 AM
This whole thread is hilarious. Some 12 year old ranting, now lying to save face, not realising it looks even more ludicrous.

I--Skeptik--I
01-09-2015, 02:43 AM
I completely understand why people would think that this lawsuit thing would be considered "overkill" and a bit too extreme. However, they need to look at this from a different perspective.

Look at all the facts with what Ubi did to us.

Lied about several, several things.

Intentionally released a game that was still in "alpha" and knowing full well that it was clearly not ready for release.

Lied some more to cover up earlier lies.

"The reviewers embargo" Ubi put a 12 hour "legal silence" on reviews and forbid them to release any information about the product until 12 hours after it's release (because they knew full well that they were in the wrong in the first place and reviews would absolutely affect sales numbers)

Rushed release of an unfinished product so they could appease their shareholders and meet deadlines just to make a profit. Not to mention to make sure that the product was available in stores for Q4 holiday.

The list goes on and on.

Tell me, do you still think a lawsuit is "overkill" I think what Ubi did to "us" is much worse. Lying, manipulating and deceiving all for the sole intention of making profit off the public.

In my opinion I think it's too much energy and resources to pursue this as just "one" dissatisfied party, but I do not blame anyone who wants to actually pursue this whatsoever and I wish them the best of luck. Because it seems that within the last several years or so, this "practice" of releasing unfinished garbage has become all too routine.

The "Rush it out and --fix-- it later just so we can make maximum profits" mentality has to stop. With every company.

strigoi1958
01-09-2015, 03:31 AM
Meh

It's not life threatening... it's needs a fix but the game is fun to play.

Ubi never say anything so I do not know how they lied. The forum is full of posts asking Ubi to speak on various different topics.... unless you can post some ?

Reviewers embargo is perfectly ok.... anyone buying games on what paid individuals are TOLD what to write are stupid.

People can always decide not to pre-purchase a game and then badger the company for its release. Metacritic users reviews are the only thing worth checking.

Lawsuit over a $30 game err yes overkill I spend $100 at the arcades on my kids in an hour... so far Unity has given me hundreds of hours...

Every company on the planet is chasing money.... or going broke...

Some people need to give up gaming because this is how it is for the foreseeable future....

How about a nice game of cup and ball and if you hit the ball on your head you can always sue :D

jeffies04
01-09-2015, 04:21 AM
http://img5.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/w/n/wnycd8aoj2xjoa2c.jpg?djet1p5k

Aenigmatix
01-09-2015, 05:35 AM

No you did not.

Getting a refund, if indeed you actually got anything from anybody, does not qualify as a "settlement out of court."

But I think you're making all of this up.

This thread is still stupid. Some of you have absolutely no clue how the law works. This game has only been out for a few months. There is no way Ubisoft's legal team has offered any kind of settlement to anyone in such a short amount of time. That is simply not how things work in the real world.

Source: I am a lawyer.

Aenigmatix
01-09-2015, 05:48 AM
I completely understand why people would think that this lawsuit thing would be considered "overkill" and a bit too extreme. However, they need to look at this from a different perspective.

Look at all the facts with what Ubi did to us.

Lied about several, several things.

Intentionally released a game that was still in "alpha" and knowing full well that it was clearly not ready for release.

Lied some more to cover up earlier lies.

"The reviewers embargo" Ubi put a 12 hour "legal silence" on reviews and forbid them to release any information about the product until 12 hours after it's release (because they knew full well that they were in the wrong in the first place and reviews would absolutely affect sales numbers)

Rushed release of an unfinished product so they could appease their shareholders and meet deadlines just to make a profit. Not to mention to make sure that the product was available in stores for Q4 holiday.

The list goes on and on.

Tell me, do you still think a lawsuit is "overkill" I think what Ubi did to "us" is much worse. Lying, manipulating and deceiving all for the sole intention of making profit off the public.

In my opinion I think it's too much energy and resources to pursue this as just "one" dissatisfied party, but I do not blame anyone who wants to actually pursue this whatsoever and I wish them the best of luck. Because it seems that within the last several years or so, this "practice" of releasing unfinished garbage has become all too routine.

The "Rush it out and --fix-- it later just so we can make maximum profits" mentality has to stop. With every company.

This is a load of nonsense.

You cannot prove they "intentionally" released a game "knowing" it was "clearly" broken. Intent and knowledge are mental states that require a high standard of proof. There is no evidence here that Ubisoft intended to release an unfinished game. Ubisoft simply messed up. They thought the game was ready but it wasn't. At best they acted negligently, but there would be no cognizable legal cause of action to sue Ubisoft because they negligently released a buggy game. What kind of precedent would that set for the gaming industry? Any developer can be sued for releasing a game that doesn't work perfectly on release? What threshold of disfunctionality must a game have before you can sue? Do you realize that you're basically killing indie developers? Why would they expose themselves to such liability with the looming threat of litigious brats crying because their video game doesn't work?

And what the hell is "legal silence?" Did you make that phrase up yourself?

I cannot put this any simpler: if you think going to the courts about Assassin's Creed: Unity is a good idea, you are deluded.

If you are hell bent on sending a message to Ubisoft, use your wallets. The only way Ubisoft will feel your collective rage is if you use your purchasing power to refuse buying any more of their product.

Reytime
01-09-2015, 08:38 AM
On a somewhat related note; I read that the free game season pass owners get comes with an Agreement you have to accept, which includes that you will not be able to sue Ubisoft and everything related to them etc etc. Not going to fully quote what it said, just thought it was kind of funny.

I however just feel deeply sorry for the developers of Unity. I'm sure they put all their energy and pride into making this game. They would've wanted nothing more than their ''baby''to be the best it could be. However, they too are but contracted and need to follow the rules given by those who write their paychecks.

I--Skeptik--I
01-09-2015, 10:29 AM
This is a load of nonsense.

You cannot prove they "intentionally" released a game "knowing" it was "clearly" broken. Intent and knowledge are mental states that require a high standard of proof. There is no evidence here that Ubisoft intended to release an unfinished game. Ubisoft simply messed up. They thought the game was ready but it wasn't. At best they acted negligently, but there would be no cognizable legal cause of action to sue Ubisoft because they negligently released a buggy game. What kind of precedent would that set for the gaming industry? Any developer can be sued for releasing a game that doesn't work perfectly on release? What threshold of disfunctionality must a game have before you can sue? Do you realize that you're basically killing indie developers? Why would they expose themselves to such liability with the looming threat of litigious brats crying because their video game doesn't work?

And what the hell is "legal silence?" Did you make that phrase up yourself?

I cannot put this any simpler: if you think going to the courts about Assassin's Creed: Unity is a good idea, you are deluded.

If you are hell bent on sending a message to Ubisoft, use your wallets. The only way Ubisoft will feel your collective rage is if you use your purchasing power to refuse buying any more of their product.

All I'm doing is stating facts but your post just makes you sound pretentious.

Darkmantik
01-09-2015, 11:33 AM
I really like to get refund. I feel scammed and I'd like someone to help me to get refund. What is the best way?

Aenigmatix
01-09-2015, 05:38 PM
All I'm doing is stating facts but your post just makes you sound pretentious.

Facts? lol. You have a very loose concept of what constitutes "facts."

"Facts" are immutable things provable through evidence.

What you posted is mere wild speculation. You have no idea what was going on at Ubisoft before this game released. You're making crazy accusations that Ubisoft actually plotted to release a game they knew was broken. Do you realize how much of a conspiracy theory that sounds like?

What do you think is more likely?

(A) Dastardly Ubisoft wanted to purposefully anger and defraud its customer base by intentionally releasing a broken product;

or

(B) Ubisoft thought the game was ready, but it turns out they were wrong

Do you even know what EULA is? Or what an arbitration clause is? This would never even see the light of day in court.

Aenigmatix
01-09-2015, 05:43 PM
I really like to get refund. I feel scammed and I'd like someone to help me to get refund. What is the best way?

The only way you're getting a refund is if you contact Ubisoft customer support and demand one.

You'll have to prove that your system actually meets the minimum hardware requirements.

You'll also probably have to prove that you don't have anything else running in the background that might be interfering with Unity's performance.

You'll have to probably show that your drivers are up to date.

Etc.

I don't know what your likelihood is in getting a refund. A few people on these forums have said they got one. But frankly, they didn't really seem credible and I don't believe them, because technically Ubisoft already has partially refunded all of us in the form of free DLC, and a free game for those who purchased the Season Pass.

sonicpower1
01-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, this game has major bugs and issues, but a lawsuit is a bit extreme.

whalechan
01-11-2015, 01:17 AM

What you posted is mere wild speculation. You have no idea what was going on at Ubisoft before this game released. You're making crazy accusations that Ubisoft actually plotted to release a game they knew was broken. Do you realize how much of a conspiracy theory that sounds like?

(A) Dastardly Ubisoft wanted to purposefully anger and defraud its customer base by intentionally releasing a broken product;

or

Do you even know what EULA is? Or what an arbitration clause is? This would never even see the light of day in court.

I would like to make option C. Ubisoft knew the game wasn't 100% ready, but enough to get it released (AND MEET THE RELEASE DATE) and later to patch it up quietly. What they probably didn't expect is that it will be this bad. I mean don't try to tell me a developer like Ubi that has a huge Q&A department won't see ANY of these problems. You painted the 2 versions as black and white, it is way too gray.

similarly
01-11-2015, 02:25 AM
Two points:
1. Ubisoft routinely delays games that aren't ready for launch. I remember when The Division was supposedly coming out in 2014.

2. Don't be TOO quick to assume that the problem ISN'T on YOUR end.

I'll give you an example. I tried playing a game last night, a game I've got over 100 hours in on Steam but hadn't played in awhile. Crashed. Couldn't make it past the splash screens. Quick search revealed a problem with the Japanese IME. I deleted it. Played. I never would have suspected without a quick search that the Japanese IME was the problem.

Now, is that the problem of the developer not optimizing the game for my system? Arguable. Could I fix it in about 90 seconds? Sure! And with no bad effect to my computer. If I need the IME again, I know where it is.

whalechan
01-11-2015, 02:52 AM
To answer you.

1. Ubi would only delay games if it's necessary indeed, but from their latest release spree I am having a conclusion that these were not allowed to be delayed as much as the division. That's a new IP that they have big hopes for and they can't mess that up. As for AC and FC....well decide for yourself.

2. So clipping issues, graphical issues and bugs preventing people from playing(Bellec fight, initiates and companion app problems, etc) are user end problems? You paint it black&white as well; the truth is somewhere in the middle.

similarly
01-11-2015, 05:07 AM
2. So clipping issues, graphical issues and bugs preventing people from playing(Bellec fight, initiates and companion app problems, etc) are user end problems? You paint it black&white as well; the truth is somewhere in the middle.

That's not what I said, nor did I at ALL paint it "black & white". I said "Don't be too quick to assume that the problem isn't on your end." I did not say the problem IS on the user end. I said not to be TOO QUICK to ASSUME that it ISN'T.

xChip1998x
01-11-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't know if the law suit is neccessary. Ubisoft are already giving us FREE DLC as compensation.

This game was bad yes, but I think Ubisoft have got the idea from all the press.

Pezol
01-11-2015, 06:11 PM

or

No mister all knowing lawyer
they just didnt give a ****. Its ****ing singleplayer with problems of MMO(microtransaction part is best). I had myself one bug in all sp game besides Plot which is weak as soup. And i cant join for little MP game has to ofer with any of my friends what so ever. And yes ive got internet and even open ports. game has 2 months and half of people cant play, they didnt update anyone on anything for last month cause they had vacations. they dont bother to repair it so do you think they beta tested it ? And now they release Addon for game that dont work, thats just amazing.
I cant wait for Ubisoft tell use HOW revolutionary Victory will be but i hope people who made Unity has no part what so ever in it.
Game is made for xbox cause reviewers get copies on those.

BlackDragonUGU
01-11-2015, 09:12 PM
I just hope you did not accept the terms for free game as seasons pass owner... else it will be one of the shortest lawsuits ever:

“You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally RELEASE, WAIVE, AND FOREVER DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE Ubisoft Entertainment S.A., and each of its past, present and future divisions, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, predecessors, successors and assigns, together with all of their respective past, present and future employees, officers, shareholders, directors and agents, and those who give recommendations, directions, or instructions or engage in risk evaluation or loss control activities regarding the Campaign (all for the purposes herein referred to as “Released Parties”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU, your assigns, heirs, and next of kin FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CHARGES, LAWSUITS, DEBTS, DEFENSES, ACTIONS OR CAUSES OF ACTION, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSS OF SERVICE, COMPENSATION, PAIN AND SUFFERING, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, AND COST AND EXPENSES OF SUIT, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE PURCHASE, ACQUISITION, RENTAL, POSSESSION AND/OR USAGE, AND/OR THE INTENT TO PURCHASE, ACQUIRE, RENT, POSSESS AND/OR USE, THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY VIDEO GAME AND/OR THE ASSASSIN’S CREED UNITY SEASON PASS ON ANY AND ALL PLATFORMS, AND/OR RELATED TO THE CAMPAIGN, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE.”

Not even your heirs are able to sue Ubisoft, even if you are long dead and gone.

I have no idea about the Unity EULA... but since I read this I doubt they are much different...

PS: "Reading" before clicking "accept" sometimes even helps your children's children. ;)

Gold31415
01-13-2015, 04:14 AM
Remember the guy who tried to sue Sega over AC:M, you probably don't, as it was a whole two years (lifetime) ago. Or the guy who tried to sue over Watch Dogs E3 graphics bait&switch.. Probably not that was a whole year go.

What happened? A whole bunch of nothing happened.

Everyone knows AC:U is in a prerelease state and the second to worst AC ever coded but thats the way this industry works. I'm sorry your wallet took the hit it did for you to find out.

PuppyPowerrrrrr
01-13-2015, 01:25 PM
@nocturnal626:

Bugs happen! Also you are free (aka not forced) to buy any game AFTER reviews have been published by magazines and testers.
Everyone in his right mind, knows that there is NO flawless game released ever. All games have bugs, and/or changes in gameplay, design etc. since the first teaser trailer has launched.

If you don't want a crappy game, or less crappy.. DON"T PREORDER and wait before purchasing until most bugs are fixed by patches.
Also Ubisoft has already compensated you by providing you with a free copy of the dead kings DLC. (that is 14 or so dollars compensation).

Use your sane mind, and let it go.. you have been compensated and ubi is doing it's best to create patches to solve issues. (but bugfixing takes a lot of effort, more than gamers often realize.)

now.. i wish you a happy day and enjoy the DLC when it arrives in uplay. :)

AherasSTRG
01-13-2015, 03:54 PM
Bugs happen! Also you are free (aka not forced) to buy any game AFTER reviews have been published by magazines and testers.
Everyone in his right mind, knows that there is NO flawless game released ever. All games have bugs, and/or changes in gameplay, design etc. since the first teaser trailer has launched.

If you don't want a crappy game, or less crappy.. DON"T PREORDER and wait before purchasing until most bugs are fixed by patches.
Also Ubisoft has already compensated you by providing you with a free copy of the dead kings DLC. (that is 14 or so dollars compensation).

Use your sane mind, and let it go.. you have been compensated and ubi is doing it's best to create patches to solve issues. (but bugfixing takes a lot of effort, more than gamers often realize.)

now.. i wish you a happy day and enjoy the DLC when it arrives in uplay. :)

You seriously have no idea, do you?

PuppyPowerrrrrr
01-13-2015, 04:03 PM
You seriously have no idea, do you?

No idea of what? Please elaborate what you mean (exactly) with your statement/question.