PDA

View Full Version : what is the most safest way to save data

Antheus-UK
12-16-2014, 09:59 PM
What is the most safe way to save our game data without the risk of the ubisoft demon wrecking it for us and us having to start all over again?

Is cloud the safest way or local???

Secu12
12-17-2014, 12:25 PM
After every session I back up my saves locally (on other HDD).
I do this since uplay broke my AC III saves and had to restart the game from scratch.
Also, I didn't enable cloud synchronization.

YazX_
12-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I do this since uplay broke my AC III saves and had to restart the game from scratch.

i do the same, but i got tired of backing them up manually, so i created a tool to do that for me, anyone is free to use it:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games

And there are also free online tools to support most of games.

dnameless1
12-17-2014, 01:22 PM

I do the same, actually I alt-tab during sessions a lot. I copy to different numbered directories with some kind of description in them, so I can restore to a certain point in time, if necessary. Also have cloud synchronization disabled in the uPlay client since ages.

Have restored once now, because the last Nostradamus enigma I had to do stopped working (no "press button" popup near the riddles). Lost 2 days of collecting money/achievements/etc, but at least I didn't have to start all over, or choose to ignore the Nostradamus stuff.

Actually, I've been doing manual backups of savegames for all games I play for ages, ever since the ability to save a game by oneself got lost in most games. Company of Heroes (1/2) is the only exception I can think of, they still have an "old school" save / load game menu.