PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4 Released on Consoles but not PC

skrillior
12-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Patch 4 will be released today (16th December) for the Xbox one & PS4, yet later for the PC as usual.

Huge preformance update. (Size 6.7 GB) - (For Xbox 40.0 GB Because of the whole map being replaced it redownloads the entire game)

Patch 4 delivers a variety fixes including:

• Performance & Stability: Frame rate drops, game crashes, lost progression

• Gameplay: Navigation, lock picking chests

• Online: Connectivity, matchmaking, companion app

Patch notes: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/975386-Patch-4-Release-Notes
Source: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Stay updated here: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

FoxPurple
12-16-2014, 09:16 PM
And of course PC is second class again.. god damit..

MrChris.
12-16-2014, 09:28 PM
And of course PC is second class again.. god damit..

as always ... with my connection i can play later next week when i see the donwload size of 6.7gb

JohnConnor2012
12-16-2014, 09:58 PM
PC is huge variety of configurations - I'm happy to wait, as long as patch gets me past broken Sequence 7.3 at last! Enormous patch though - illustrates how half-baked ACU was when they first pushed it out.

USAdystopia
12-16-2014, 10:24 PM
Could include DLC files.

similarly
12-17-2014, 12:14 AM
PCs require a lot more attention than consoles due to the variety of configs as JohnConnor said. Just wait a bit.

Pezol
12-17-2014, 12:20 AM
In mean time we might aswell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNtGZ0HWVTg

MarkSix
12-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Could include DLC files.
According to Ubisoft it's because parts of the map was replaced. My guess is some resolutions were lowered, not source though, pure speculations.

Wrath2Zero
12-17-2014, 06:55 AM
PCs require a lot more attention than consoles due to the variety of configs as JohnConnor said. Just wait a bit.

Just an excuse, stop making excuses up for Ubisoft.

medavroog
12-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Just an excuse, stop making excuses up for Ubisoft.

[Removed]

GolfPro72
12-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Speaking as someone who has a console (XBox One) and got the patch last night, you may wish to count yourselves lucky that you didn't get the patch yet. When it appears on my console, it showed up as a 40 GB patch (yes, 40, not 6.7 as advertised), and without hyperbole, I have been installing this patch for the past 6 hours and am currently at 54% completed. So whatever it is they did in this patch, it's now impossible for me to play the game as I am not even able to launch it currently.

I am completely aware that the PC version of this game has had far, far more issues that the console version, and my sympathies to all of you. I hope that your experience with patch 4 is different than the one many console users are currently going through. There are threads all over the console forum about this patch (which, interestingly, doesn't seem to be impacting PS4 users as much as XBONE users) and not many of them are positive. I haven't seen any to this point advising of the improvements the patch has provided, because I haven't seen any where anyone has successfully installed the patch.

I wish good luck to everyone. I hope this solves the last of your issues and gives you the game you've been hoping for. Honestly though, at this point, I don't think that's even possible.

YazX_
12-17-2014, 10:45 AM
Speaking as someone who has a console (XBox One) and got the patch last night, you may wish to count yourselves lucky that you didn't get the patch yet. When it appears on my console, it showed up as a 40 GB patch (yes, 40, not 6.7 as advertised), and without hyperbole, I have been installing this patch for the past 6 hours and am currently at 54% completed. So whatever it is they did in this patch, it's now impossible for me to play the game as I am not even able to launch it currently.

I am completely aware that the PC version of this game has had far, far more issues that the console version, and my sympathies to all of you. I hope that your experience with patch 4 is different than the one many console users are currently going through. There are threads all over the console forum about this patch (which, interestingly, doesn't seem to be impacting PS4 users as much as XBONE users) and not many of them are positive. I haven't seen any to this point advising of the improvements the patch has provided, because I haven't seen any where anyone has successfully installed the patch.

I wish good luck to everyone. I hope this solves the last of your issues and gives you the game you've been hoping for. Honestly though, at this point, I don't think that's even possible.

Yah several people reported this and Ubisoft is investigating, however, someone posted in the forums that he reinstalled the game and then the patch displayed 6.7 GB correctly and he downloaded just those files not the entire game, sorry i guess its too late for you to do so since you are half through and if this didnt work then you lost your download progress.

BlackLord049
12-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Stop complaining the patch will be out this week...

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 10:56 AM

We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn’t causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin’s Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

The PC version is coming later this week -: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

GolfPro72
12-17-2014, 11:20 AM
We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn’t causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin’s Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

The PC version is coming later this week -: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

That doesn't explain why the installation process is taking as long as it is. I had apparently downloaded the "patch" file completely, but the issue lies with the actual installation. The One is by no means perfect, by my initial install of the game itself - from the disk, in its' entirety - took about 25 minutes. We're well over 7 hours at this point and it's still not done. Regardless of whether or not the file size was correct, this is interminably long for something like this to complete, wouldn't you say?

Anduril79
12-17-2014, 02:22 PM
I hope this patch includes fixes for Initiates too, coz I still can't get that to work!

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 02:59 PM
That doesn't explain why the installation process is taking as long as it is. I had apparently downloaded the "patch" file completely, but the issue lies with the actual installation. The One is by no means perfect, by my initial install of the game itself - from the disk, in its' entirety - took about 25 minutes. We're well over 7 hours at this point and it's still not done. Regardless of whether or not the file size was correct, this is interminably long for something like this to complete, wouldn't you say?

If it's downloading the 40gb full game [in error]- the time required depends on your internet - that plus the 25mins for installing - could add up to a lot.

If you have the disc version and did the work around [delete the game and reinstall from disc - then download only the 6.3GB patch] - it shouldn't take 7 hours - so I would consider contacting Microsoft support about it.

pbsec
12-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Until the Patch 4 will be released ppl with nVidia cardz should try the latest drivers,347.09 (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-347-09-beta-driver-download.html).I can tell u that I see a boost in fps,~ 10 fps.I game on a i7 + 980 G1 on G-Sync@ 1080.