PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4 released today?

WalkingBeardUK
12-16-2014, 08:07 PM
I have seen no official word anywhere, but when I started the game today after work I got a message saying that an update was being downloaded.
The update size is 6.5Gb, I don't think I've ever seen such a big update file in any game. Here's to hoping most issues will be fixed.

bitebug2003
12-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Yes it is downloading on my system too - that's huge!

Pandassin
12-16-2014, 08:11 PM
I think it has just released. I started downloading just a second ago and according to my PS4 it's going to take 4 hours to download. I've only experienced very minor bugs so I wonder if I'll notice much difference.

pacmanate
12-16-2014, 08:14 PM
6.5gb?!

m4r-k7
12-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Yep im downloading now. Either its the patch or its the Dead Kings DLC perhaps.

Yesterday it sounded like Patch 4 wouldn't release until later in the week or even next week so maybe its the Dead Kings DLC.

pacmanate
12-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Maybe its the Dead Kings thing?

Edit: Beaten

RinoTheBouncer
12-16-2014, 08:19 PM
What the hell!? this patch is s big as Dragon Age II
It better have a new playable character, an alternate ending, Dead Kings and a demo of AC:Victory :P

m4r-k7
12-16-2014, 08:22 PM
I wasn't getting any particular bugs that I have seen on the internet. The issues im having are the un-responsiveness of the controls and framerate issues. Hopefully this patch will fix some stuff and make the gameplay smoother.

Shahkulu101
12-16-2014, 08:25 PM
If it was Dead Kings I'd have thought Ubisoft would announce it. Perhaps they are trying to give us a nice surprise? :p

RinoTheBouncer
12-16-2014, 08:27 PM
If it’s a surprise, then it’s definitely a GREAT one.

pacmanate
12-16-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm really confused if this is a patch. If it was just going to be delayed a day they would say right?

6.5GB sounds like Dead Kings DLC to me.

I swear patches have to go through Microsoft and Sony before they roll out.

italay90
12-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Dead Kings is coming alongside Patch 4.
I think it is Patch 4, they suggested that it needed a major overhaul of pre-existing parts of the game.

"We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve. " - Ubisoft
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-gb/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188879-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

EscoBlades
12-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Patch notes - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/975386-Patch-4-Release-Notes

KneeDragr
12-16-2014, 08:41 PM
I will probably wait a few days to play it, in case the patch has some sort of horrid undiscovered bug they need to patch. Like last week when MS released a patch for security essentials that not only turned it off, broke it, but also broke windows update, lol.

RinoTheBouncer
12-16-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the Patch notes, EscoBaldes :D

wvstolzing
12-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Are these combo-patches or incremental?

It looks like they're combo patches (i.e., Patch 4 actually contains everything in the previous patches, *and* what's new) -- but that's too wasteful. 6.5 gb is a 2-day download for me (yes; and I'm supposedly a subscriber to ATT's 'express'-something-something-rate)

EscoBlades
12-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the Patch notes, EscoBaldes :D

No worries man. Team effort and all that ;)

Assassin_M
12-16-2014, 08:52 PM
This is very very confusing, didn't they say "few days" on the blog?

I guess it's a nice surprise but...

RinoTheBouncer
12-16-2014, 08:54 PM
No worries man. Team effort and all that ;)

Insieme per la vittoria, vittoria agli Ubisoft! :D

EscoBlades
12-16-2014, 08:54 PM
This is very very confusing, didn't they say "few days" on the blog?

I guess it's a nice surprise but...

Well we said the patch was on hold, as of yesterday. Things changed since then. And here we are.

Assassin_M
12-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Well we said the patch was on hold, as of yesterday. Things changed since then. And here we are.

I spent Unity's $60 a few hours ago, though....that's why although it's a nice surprise, it doesn't make me particularly happy. Oh well, I guess I can use that time to scout reactions for the patch.

Namikaze_17
12-16-2014, 09:03 PM
6.5?

Jesus...

wvstolzing
12-16-2014, 09:04 PM
6.5?

Jesus...

Does anyone know whether these are *combined* patches or incremental?

Judging from how the download sizes have been escalating, I'm guessing they're *combined*. But that's too wasteful.

m4r-k7
12-16-2014, 09:33 PM
The framerate is feeling much more stable!

bitebug2003
12-16-2014, 09:48 PM
yes it does seem to run a lot smoother

Nachofreaken
12-16-2014, 10:06 PM
yes it does seem to run a lot smoother

Is it as smooth as it should be? Are you satisfied with the performance?

SHADOWGARVIN
12-16-2014, 10:10 PM
By far the largest patch i've ever downloaded!

WalkingBeardUK
12-16-2014, 10:11 PM
I just played a co-op mission, and the frame rate at some points was dropping below 10 frames per second, but on single player it seems to be doing a stable 25 frames per second

bitebug2003
12-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Is it as smooth as it should be? Are you satisfied with the performance?

Well it's smooth as it can be. I'm satisfied with the performance too

mgg93
12-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Well, I am satisfied so far with the fps problem... BUT. Personally, I find the NPCs' ridiculous pop-in and morphing to be quite worst a problem. Is that going to be the way it is now forever? Or can we expect a future patch to address pop-in and general crowd problems?

SolidNSnake1985
12-16-2014, 10:41 PM
so no Noticeable FPS drops? stuttering? or does the FPS still needs improvements?

it's my only concern from this game

someone gotta head to Sainte Chapelle and check if it still got that huge frame rate drop

im still downloading the patch .

Mr_Stunner
12-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Did they downgrade the graphics?

EscoBlades
12-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Did they downgrade the graphics?

No, there was no graphical downgrade.

Mr_Stunner
12-16-2014, 11:31 PM
No, there was no graphical downgrade.

That's cool then.
Still downloading...

Riku_Kurosaki15
12-16-2014, 11:39 PM
It's not 6.5GB for Xbox One, it's 40GB...it's like they redid the entire game and we have to redownload it...

Hrafnagud72
12-16-2014, 11:45 PM
I have never seen a more broken game/system than Unity. It is just downright ridiculous.

wvstolzing
12-16-2014, 11:49 PM
28 hours remaining on the 6.5gb download :)

Assuming that the connection won't drop, courtesy of ATT.

nfcarls
12-16-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm done with Unity. Not downloading the patch as I can't risk it being 40GB (which is what it shows) on my capped monthly ISP contract.

Can't believe I paid $130AUD for this. What an idiot.

bitebug2003
12-17-2014, 12:21 AM
I noticed 2 Initiate chests (that I found) could be opened

Was this always the case - in spite of the Initiate website having problems?

The game runs a lot smoother now including in Saint-Chapelle where it used to stutter a bit - just a bit

SixKeys
12-17-2014, 12:22 AM
I know this patch is for the main game, but can anyone tell me what's happening with the companion app? It hasn't worked for over a week for many people. Progress lost, unable to synchronize, unable to open chests which have already been retrieved etc. Is the app being worked on? Can we expect the patch to solve any of the app connectivity issues?

Riku_Kurosaki15
12-17-2014, 12:26 AM
I know this patch is for the main game, but can anyone tell me what's happening with the companion app? It hasn't worked for over a week for many people. Progress lost, unable to synchronize, unable to open chests which have already been retrieved etc. Is the app being worked on? Can we expect the patch to solve any of the app connectivity issues?

Yeah I had a problem with the Companion app last week that made me want to just stop doing the Nomad missions entirely(for now). I had a mission failed and lost 4 Assassins that were around level 20(a couple were over 20 if I recall) and I'm pretty damn sure the mission was 100% guarenteed to succeed when I started it. If not, then it was 93%...

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-17-2014, 12:26 AM
I'm done with Unity. Not downloading the patch as I can't risk it being 40GB (which is what it shows) on my capped monthly ISP contract.

Can't believe I paid $130AUD for this. What an idiot.

you guys its 6.5GB not 40 its an error .

Devildog1968DE
12-17-2014, 12:29 AM
Ubisoft has totally ***** me. 40Gb download? I are they kidding. do they realize that some of use live in the country and don't have access to a) high speed lines and/or b) are limited in the amount of transfers we can do monthly? I use Verizon CellLan for my internet and that 40 DL blows an entire month worth of downloads. the overage charges would only come to about $600. I could buy an new Xbox 1 with it preloaded on it for less than that.

WTF Ubisoft?? You have basically ended my game playing on Unity. Maybe you should have made the download patches..... O P T I O N A L!!!!! Play a broken game or not play a game because I can't fix it! Guess what choice I would have picked. I am SO pissed off at Ubisoft. and to think I was defending them earlier about this CLUSTER F!

***No need for the profanity masking - there is an auto-censor in place, so please don't bypass it -- thanks

wickywoowoo
12-17-2014, 12:39 AM
you guys is 6.5GB not 40 its an error .

People are posting screenshots of their internet showing it is downloading 40GB though, it isn't just an incorrect number on a description. If the update is only 6.5GB, what is the other 34GB then? Could blitz their consoles for all we know.

bitebug2003
12-17-2014, 12:42 AM
Keep it friendly - and no name calling.

People are merely reporting what they are experiencing and as Ubisoft has stated they are investigating the matter on their end.

Thanks

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 12:49 AM
Wow... I'm actually playing without any framedrops right now (PS4) - I can't believe it. Tested the patch for 30 minutes now and nothing... I don't know where you hid your downgrades Ubisoft, but I'll find them. :p:rolleyes:

Although this all comes a bit late, I just want to thank the guys behind this patch, I can only imagine the pressure and hard work it was to create this! Now we can finally enjoy this beautiful game.

AND I hope Ubisoft has learned their lesson with Unity's disastrous release!

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 12:49 AM
I'll try the game out I guess.

I never noticed a difference through any of the patches (I didnt even know there were any)

so I prolly wont notice this one.

Not a bad or good thing, but just based on my experience.

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 12:51 AM
@May: This one is very different. At least for me. The game feels very very stable now. No more stuttering in freeroam which was breaking everything for me.

But there is still an issue I want to address: In the last weeks I noticed totally wrong character stats for Arno. Means - putting on all legendary gear (five golden stars) just gave me 5 white stars and some average stats on all four points (stealth, health, ...) but putting on Arno's improved stuff gave me 4 stars (which might be correct) but nearly 90% in stealth and health. Plus my stats from the costumization menu are completely different to those I see when comparing with a friend.

Maybe someone has an explanation for me or can share similar observations...

bitebug2003
12-17-2014, 12:53 AM

I've not had any errors with the app apart from one time it logged me out and thinking I had to start again

The Patch does contain a fix but I don't know if it's for the issue you and others have experienced

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/976039-Patch-4-Release-Notes

Shahkulu101
12-17-2014, 12:54 AM
@May: This one is very different. At least for me. The game feels very very stable now. No more stuttering in freeroam which was breaking everything for me.

But there is still an issue I want to address: In the last weeks I noticed totally wrong character stats for Arno. Means - putting on all legendary gear (five golden stars) just gave me 5 white stars and some average stats on all four points (stealth, health, ...) but putting on Arno's improved stuff gave me 4 stars (which might be correct) but nearly 90% in stealth and health. Plus my stats from the costumization menu are completely different to those I see when comparing with a friend.

Constant 30?

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Constant 30?
At least it feels like constant 30. Could be 27-28 fps at some points, but now the game definitely offers a constant and playable framerate which it didn't before.

So what i want to say is, there's no noticeable drop anymore.

I'm hoping for another DF analysis to have concrete measured values.

Shahkulu101
12-17-2014, 01:02 AM
At least it feels like constant 30. Could be 27-28 fps at some points, but now the game definitely offers a constant and playable framerate which it didn't before.

So what i want to say is, there's no noticeable drop anymore.

Alright good. What about the areas with large crowds?

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 01:08 AM
No problems near Notre Dame (where I always noticed framedrops) nore the big gardens, churches and palaces with huge crowds so far. I'm actually a bit excited right now... looks like finally everything's running like it should.

I just really really hope they learn from everything that went wrong this year for future installments... I love this franchise and this year's release was extremely hard for loyal AC and Ubisoft fans.

RinoTheBouncer
12-17-2014, 01:11 AM
No problems near Notre Dame (where I always noticed framedrops) nore the big gardens, churches and palaces with huge crowds so far. I'm actually a bit excited right now... looks like finally everything's running like it should.

I just really really hope they learn from everything that went wrong this year for future installments... I love this franchise and this year's release was extremely hard for loyal AC and Ubisoft fans.

Hey Daniela! long time. How have you been?
Glad to see the Update working so well for you. I’m gonna start playing in a little while. I’m excited, but fortunately for me, I didn’t really suffer any game-breaking glitches like the ones that required people to cut off the internet to start playing or those who said the game crashes or had heavy frame-rate drops..etc. But I’m excited nevertheless.

I’ve never been such a big fan of side missions. AC usually ends for me when the credits roll, but yesterday, I was in the mood and I started and finished all Enigmas, and now I’ll hopefully play more side quests, since the frame-drop seems to have improved.

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Hey Rino. :-) I didn't experience those things like the CE-XXXX error or Co-op connection problems either. I hope the game now works for everyone like they deserve it to work.

Btw, one thing that actually seems to be worse now are pop-ins. But that could be me seeing to many of them now. Graphics and textures are still the same in my opinion (I didn't look at the huge buildings in detail).

PS: Would you reinvite me to your clan? I somehow got kicked but next to my name I still see the clan name. :confused:

Sorry for quoting myself, but does anyone have an idea on this... this things bugs me like hell. I always get wrong/weird stars & stats wearing different gear.

RinoTheBouncer
12-17-2014, 01:20 AM
Hey Rino. :-) I didn't experience those things like the CE-XXXX error or Co-op connection problems either. I hope the game now works for everyone like they deserve it to work.

Btw, one thing that actually seems to be worse now are pop-ins. But that could be me seeing to many of them now. Graphics and textures are still the same in my opinion (I didn't look at the huge buildings in detail).

Yeah, I didn’t experience those either, but there’s this one thing, now that you’ve reminded me. My internet is NAT Type 2. It shows up like that when I do Test Connection on my PS4 and no problems with any games. But suddenly, I think after Patch 3, it started to say “You are NAT Type 3” when I try to do co-op mission. It says that I’m gonna have to wait longer as this affects matchmaking and not many people are Type 3. I do get people eventually, sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes after 18. It was weird, but I don’t care much about Co-op, so it didn’t bother me that much

Regarding textures and graphics, I hope they’re not affected, because with all due respect the art team, the game was good looking but not a marvel in current gen graphics, to be quite honest. So if it goes lower than that, I don’t think that’ll be good. But they said on Twitter in response to someone that nothing has been downgraded. So *fingers crossed*

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 01:22 AM
that moment when the update file is actually growing in time to download rather than shrinking

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/tense.gif

SixKeys
12-17-2014, 01:24 AM
Regarding textures and graphics, I hope they’re not affected, because with all due respect the art team, the game was good looking but not a marvel in current gen graphics, to be quite honest. So if it goes lower than that, I don’t think that’ll be good. But they said on Twitter in response to someone that nothing has been downgraded. So *fingers crossed*

Is the console version that bad? Because the PC version is by far the most graphically advanced game I've ever played.

RinoTheBouncer
12-17-2014, 01:27 AM

PS: Would you reinvite me to your clan? I somehow got kicked but next to my name I still see the clan name. :confused:

Sorry for quoting myself, but does anyone have an idea on this... this things bugs me like hell. I always get wrong/weird stars & stats wearing different gear.

Oh of course I will. I’m MDNA if you wanna send me a request yourself or try leaving it for good and then ask to join. Otherwise, I’ll add you. I personally didn’t kick anybody from my team. Like I barely see the Club thing and when I do, it’s to approve requests.

I haven’t suffered that problem, no. But I feel like there’s something wrong with the companion app. I mean it works ok, but I feel like the missions either keep repeating or go backwards in terms of progress and as of yesterday. I know puzzles are meant to be repeated (if you want) but the main missions, they progress and it’s like they go a level back and then do them again and then I find them as if I didn’t do the quest.

Is the console version that bad? Because the PC version is by far the most graphically advanced game I've ever played.

It’s not “bad”, I mean the cutscenes are epic, the hair, the outfits and all, the global illumination, the animations and all, but I don’t know, the Sneak Peek trailer was like playable CGI, while this is far from that.

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 01:28 AM
I guess Rino wants to state something else. It's not like Paris doesn't look stunning on console (PS4) but looking at everything that was promised to come with the new consoles and engines and whatnot it's just average looking. Not much better than inFamous or TLoU Remastered. But the artwork itself is beautiful like it always was.

@Rino: I think the game glitched and that's why I got kicked. Not because of you. :p I gave up on the Companion App as I gave up on Initiates. *Sigh* How I loved those Initiates days when there was a forum and the database and Lost memories and stuff... and now it's a simple stats page. I lost all my Avatars of purchased products and all badges of Initiates missions are gone. I hate what they did to this site... it was a great community.

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Are you guys testing it PS4 users?

Love to join any of y'all in co-op

once this thing actually loads hnghh

RinoTheBouncer
12-17-2014, 01:29 AM
Daniela: Oh yeah, hehe could be. Just wanted to clarify.

Are you guys testing it PS4 users?

Love to join any of y'all in co-op

once this thing actually loads hnghh

I’d love to play with you too. I’m on PS4.
I responded to your last question in the previous page.

SixKeys
12-17-2014, 01:32 AM
I guess Rino wants to state something else. It's not like Paris doesn't look stunning on console (PS4) but looking at everything that was promised to come with the new consoles and engines and whatnot it's just average looking. Not much better than inFamous or TLoU Remastered. But the artwork itself is beautiful like it always was.

@Rino: I think the game glitched and that's why I got kicked. Not because of you. :p

I have to disagree. TLoU looks amazing but Unity's character models knock it out of the park. Designing great-looking environments takes a lot of effort, no doubt about that, but uncanny valley is how I really judge a game's graphics. Unity doesn't have even a hint of that.

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 01:33 AM
Daniela: Oh yeah, hehe could be. Just wanted to clarify.

I’d love to play with you too. I’m on PS4.
I responded to your last question in the previous page.

Add me. ID: JustPlainQuirky

And anyone else who wants to can add me too.

and what question?

aL_____eX
12-17-2014, 01:38 AM
I have to disagree. TLoU looks amazing but Unity's character models knock it out of the park. Designing great-looking environments takes a lot of effort, no doubt about that, but uncanny valley is how I really judge a game's graphics. Unity doesn't have even a hint of that.
You're right. Unity's character models and lighting/shadows are just insanely beautiful. And compared to a linear game like TLoU the environment is beautiful too. But some of the textures and anti aliasing is still sooo bad on PS4... but... maybe that's a problem consoles (especially PlayStations) will never leave behind.

@Mayrice: I'm now finally going to add you like I planned months earlier. :p:rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 01:41 AM
Noice Noice.

All the UbiDevs have Xbox Ones for some reason.

Though Darby prolly has a ps4 because he tweeted how he wants to play Bloodborne so...

RinoTheBouncer
12-17-2014, 01:53 AM
Just playing the game after the Patch. The frame-rate is noticeably better or at least more stable and the graphics aren’t downgraded, no. I just finished a side mission and went to Notre Dame. Everything’s fine, so far. The crowds look like they’ve been randomized.

EDIT: Just added you, May.

EscoBlades
12-17-2014, 01:59 AM
Thanks for all the feedback so far.

bitebug2003
12-17-2014, 03:01 AM
Initiates is up too (but not syncing correctly yet) but the fact it's up again is a good sign :)

EmptyCrustacean
12-17-2014, 03:05 AM
The map is still broken and as for the menu overlaps. Unfortunately, I've already grind through the murder missions and riddles when it was still a mess so wouldn't feel the benefit of it.

Rafe Harwood
12-17-2014, 03:19 AM
Initiates is up too (but not syncing correctly yet) but the fact it's up again is a good sign :)

*bites tongue*

SixKeys
12-17-2014, 03:21 AM
Just playing the game after the Patch. The frame-rate is noticeably better or at least more stable and the graphics arenít downgraded, no. I just finished a side mission and went to Notre Dame. Everythingís fine, so far. The crowds look like theyíve been randomized.

Randomized how?

runeheroesbase
12-17-2014, 03:26 AM
Installed the patch on PS4, although framerate for my copy of the game has always been ok but far from stable, I don't really see an improvement with the patch. Maybe it has gotten better, its just too hard to notice.

HDinHB
12-17-2014, 03:34 AM
you guys its 6.5GB not 40 its an error .

But size doesn't matter....

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 04:07 AM
I waited to play Unity after the patch.

Then I remembered Unity is boring.

*turns off game*

Rafe Harwood
12-17-2014, 04:13 AM
i waited to play unity after the patch.

Then i remembered unity is boring.

*turns off game*

lol

SolidNSnake1985
12-17-2014, 04:31 AM
Ok i just did a quick run around some areas and to me the frame rate did get better, alot smoother than what it used to be, however when the place is crowded the frame rate still drops, not much though like in the past " but still noticeable drop in crowded areas" i went into Sainte Chapelle and that huge frame rate drop is gone, and the stutter as i enter the cafe is also gone.

UniteUnderPower
12-17-2014, 05:35 AM
The frame rate is so smooth now! YES!

Rafe Harwood
12-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Just one question for those folks now playing with the new patch.

Was the Dead Kings DLC included?

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-17-2014, 05:44 AM
But size doesn't matter....

hehehehe size doesn't matter

Bigodon
12-17-2014, 07:24 AM
so, whats your guys experience?
mines is just an ok

+ barely improvements to framerate, still having dips and drops.. but much more playable
+ i noticed the rain drops get improved, far away from watch dogs or ac4 rain... but way better than patch 3 or earlier
+ initiates synced here, but i still cannot link my old xbl gamercard from website and i dont have any xbox to do that
- pop in got worse? or maybe i just forget how awful it is
- experience some parkour animation glitches
- had a gamebreak bug in checkpoint of ch9-1, arno didnt jumped well and keep stand in air (had to reload my last checkpoint)

i appreciate the dev hard effort to fix their game, but i'm done with unity and ac series for a while
i will finish the story and do the clean up trophies some months later, maybe on patch 8 or so? because those bugs will not be fixed anytime soon, popin looks like a major design flat fail and will take several time to fix

HDinHB
12-17-2014, 07:34 AM
Last night, I discovered if you stop Arno in front of a fireplace (at least one in the Cafe Theatre), he will warm his hands and rub his arms over the fire. What a clever little Easter-eggy thing. And now its gone. :(

@Rafe, no, no Dead Kings for me.

Latte10010
12-17-2014, 09:23 AM
I've just installed Patch 4 and it's fine.
My only issue was frame rate, flicking so often once Arno started running or climbing especially in Cite island even after Patch3.

After Patch 3 my PS4 crashed several times, but now with Patch 4 I played a while and it's fine so far.
Picture looks good, too.

Fatal-Feit
12-17-2014, 09:29 AM
It’s not “bad”, I mean the cutscenes are epic, the hair, the outfits and all, the global illumination, the animations and all, but I don’t know, the Sneak Peek trailer was like playable CGI, while this is far from that.

This?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQng7EkJHOI

The quality is impossible on current-gen consoles. At least while running it smoothly, that is. It looks significantly worse on your platform because the engine is optimized (well, attempted... lul) to run smoothly. They lowered the resolution, textures, etc to sustain play-ability.

But speaking of, everything up to 0:40 (before CGI Arno, the guillotine, and the crowds are edited in) are already achievable, just in the PC version. [EDIT] After doing a short comparison, the biggest difference between the final quality and the sneak peek, besides what I already mentioned, are the smoke. There's a lot less in the final product. However, Notre Dame looks twice as good than in the sneak peek.

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
People are posting screenshots of their internet showing it is downloading 40GB though, it isn't just an incorrect number on a description. If the update is only 6.5GB, what is the other 34GB then? Could blitz their consoles for all we know.

We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch.

This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isnít causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassinís Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

YukiFA
12-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Significant reduction in Creed Points earned from ingame actions. I was previously gaining 165 for using a lift (150 + 10% Legendary Hood bonus) but now I'm only getting 132.

Points for Air Assassinations and Controlled Descent are down too, looks like it's across the board. I can't recall how much I used to get for them but I know it was more than what I'm getting now.

Oooooh, right. Those microtransaction points can be used for weapon and gear upgrades. How silly of me. Need to gouge more money out of your customers somehow.

SolidNSnake1985
12-17-2014, 03:13 PM
here is a video of someone testing Patch 4 in Sainte Chapelle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4c86w1ASFI

Latte10010
12-17-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm convinced that the picture quality is better than before, or my eye sight is suddenly improved?
There are clearer, shiny quality images I haven't recognized before.
I only wish that I could play this game with this patched quality from the beginning :(

People who are waiting to buy this game by now are very wise.. I'll do so for the next AC game.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Last night, I discovered if you stop Arno in front of a fireplace (at least one in the Cafe Theatre), he will warm his hands and rub his arms over the fire. What a clever little Easter-eggy thing. And now its gone. :(

Clearly, warming Arno's hands over that fireplace was what's been causing most of the framerate issues. Now if they can just remove the bits where Arno looks at the cityscape from his balcony, where he takes a cup of tea while watching the show at the Cafe-Theatre, and the ones where he looks at the paintings in the hallways, they might get 29FPS out of this game. That would be awesome!

Pandassin
12-17-2014, 05:30 PM

Arno only does that animation at night time, so if you're doing it during the day it won't work.

Landruner
12-17-2014, 06:09 PM
6.5gb?!

For the XBOne nope - the patch (4) just re-installs the entire game - which is about 40gb(s) the patch does not apply directly to the corrected fata but just re-install the all game automatically -
Some XBO users already reported that problem to Ubisoft,,, UBI already apologized for the inconvenience and advised for the ones that own the game on disk to re-install the game directly from the disk which is pretty long as well - The problem is for the ones that got the game in digital....they have to re-download the all thing from XBL...and with the limitation of bandwidth on the One, that could be very very long :confused:....

,In short: & Apparently the patch needs a patch itself LOL!:p

Mr_Shade
12-17-2014, 06:22 PM
Ubisoft is working with Microsoft to correct the error.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn’t causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin’s Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.

We will continue to update this blog post as we learn more.

Thank you for your support and continued feedback. Your contributions have been key to the development of our patches.

-The Live Update Team

Democrito_71
12-17-2014, 06:41 PM
The Frame rate is much more stable on the PS4 version of AC: Unity, though the npc pop-in/pop ups are more noticeable now after patch 4

HDinHB
12-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Arno only does that animation at night time, so if you're doing it during the day it won't work.

Cool! There's hope! I actually felt bad for the guy that probably spent hours on that animation, only to have me play the game for over a month before discovering it, then to have it deleted. Then to find out there's actually day/night logic built into it too? That's a lot for what is essentially a throw-away thing. I wouldn't have missed it if I hadn't just seen it. Like the coffee drinking thing at the bar that I accidentally discovered, or the trophy for standing on the balcony that I stumbled upon. These subtle little things breathe life into this crazy AC universe. Makes it hard to hate despite all the problems people are having with this comedy of errors that Unity has become. (I realize for some of you it's more tragedy than comedy.)

Update: Yes, it still works at night!

wvstolzing
12-17-2014, 09:32 PM
I'm convinced that the picture quality is better than before, or my eye sight is suddenly improved?
There are clearer, shiny quality images I haven't recognized before.
I only wish that I could play this game with this patched quality from the beginning :(

People who are waiting to buy this game by now are very wise.. I'll do so for the next AC game.

People who bought it yesterday on the US Amazon paid $30 for it....

jazzy_bee
12-17-2014, 10:01 PM
So with this update and the last 3 about 10gb's were missing when they released it!

Jackdaw951
12-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Significant reduction in Creed Points earned from ingame actions. I was previously gaining 165 for using a lift (150 + 10% Legendary Hood bonus) but now I'm only getting 132.

Points for Air Assassinations and Controlled Descent are down too, looks like it's across the board. I can't recall how much I used to get for them but I know it was more than what I'm getting now.

Oooooh, right. Those microtransaction points can be used for weapon and gear upgrades. How silly of me. Need to gouge more money out of your customers somehow.

I'm not seeing any of this post-patch (XO). I was getting 110 cp for using lifts, and that's still the case (10% legendary prowler hood bonus included). 165 for air assassinations, check. 55 for blend assassinations, check. 110 for berserk kills, check. Maybe there's something else you have equipped, with a bonus which quit working after the patch? Or maybe your system had an inflated cp value before? I don't know, but like I said, creed points are the same for me.

MJ_ERIC
12-17-2014, 10:14 PM
The frame rates on the ps4 are still sub 30. I'd guess around 24-26 FPS. I played for about 10 mins today and went to several areas. I'm quite disappointed as this is unplayable for me. Far cry 4 is at least locked at 30 FPS I believe and seems fine to me. So I guess I can tell a big difference between the two. However I didn't see much in the way of frame rates mentioned in the patch notes so perhaps there's a patch 5 in the works? That would be my last hope I think for this game.

EmptyCrustacean
12-17-2014, 11:50 PM
The frame rate dropped massively during a co-op mission and the co-op in general is really slow and buggy.
Menus STILL overlap and the map is still not fixed with certain landmarks are just saying 'landmarks'. Honestly, Ubsioft should just give up and pray Victory is better.

nathansames
12-18-2014, 01:58 AM
The frame rates on the ps4 are still sub 30. I'd guess around 24-26 FPS. I played for about 10 mins today and went to several areas. I'm quite disappointed as this is unplayable for me. Far cry 4 is at least locked at 30 FPS I believe and seems fine to me. So I guess I can tell a big difference between the two. However I didn't see much in the way of frame rates mentioned in the patch notes so perhaps there's a patch 5 in the works? That would be my last hope I think for this game.

I don't know, man... i've noticed a significant improvement from what it was. The last game i played was The Evil Within, so maybe that has something to do with why the framerate feels smoother but i don't know, it feels like there's been an improvement, it's totally playable now to me anyways. I cant speak for the co-op as i haven't tried it yet.

SolidNSnake1985
12-18-2014, 05:42 AM
The Frame rate did get a bit better but what's sad that it's not a consistent 30fps like black flag, it does still needs patching but i guess we won't get that, i applaud ubisoft for their hard work, this game wasn't for a shipping state and i guess that patch 4 with its massive size is their last go for "Fixing the remaining issues" while its not.. I hope i'm wrong and fix the FPS even more

danielfeng
12-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Ubi cut lighintg and other enviroment visual effects in Patch 4. At least on PS4.

Seriously, guys you did not see that? The down grade was so obvious. Walk on the street you will see it immeidately.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-18-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm sure something had to be cut - the game was running too slow, so something had to give. Unless there's an actual bug causing slowdowns, you can't magically create faster framerates from nothing - you have to take it from somewhere, and the environmental lighting is a cheap way to get faster speeds.

The fact is, Ubisoft made questionable decisions throughout this game's development. Personally, I think they got too excited about the new possibilities that came with the next gen consoles, and they forgot that their first priority is to make a good game. So they tried to make a game that has huge crowds, lovely graphics, fast FPS speeds and everything else they could throw at us that would take advantage of the processor speed. Unfortunately, they forgot that even fast processors have limits, and they pushed the envelope way too far. Now they're dialing things back, but we've already got used to the best lighting effects, so the dialing back is going to be painful.

Steady framerate is important. We'll get used to the reduced graphics quality. I hate to say it - heck, I like lovely graphics and atmospheric effects as much as anyone, but a smooth-running game comes first.

Bigodon
12-18-2014, 03:07 PM
man... i'm having some times serious buggy parkour animations
to climb up or dropping down sometimes arno not do the animation and character keeps stand behaving like having severe online lag until he gets to top or bottom :/

please fix that
patch 4 - ps4

----------

also i had my first crash, game just froze when i was going to open my lv6 initiate chest
i had to quit the app manualy

DisbandedBox359
12-18-2014, 04:20 PM
So has there been any fix for this 40 odd gb size yet?

NetTakogo84
12-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Distant objects seem to look better now. Co-op is still buggy as hell, though.

SolidNSnake1985
12-19-2014, 04:05 AM
Here is a Frame Rate test by someone,
just i stated, the FPS did improve but when there is crowd, it dips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdji6gQHp4I

wvstolzing
12-19-2014, 04:09 AM
The patch completely borked up the music that accompanies fighting animations for me. Snippets of conflict-music start on and off without purpose and then end abruptly.

I should probably make a bug report about that. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Cain613
12-19-2014, 06:20 AM
Ubi cut lighintg and other enviroment visual effects in Patch 4. At least on PS4.

Seriously, guys you did not see that? The down grade was so obvious. Walk on the street you will see it immeidately.

I seen it right away man ! ... I'm in shock !!! It grinds my gears that they would do that ... typical of them though ..
but I mean the game HAD the best graphics i have seen to date (IMO) . REALLY DISAPPOINTED !!!
I know about the performance side of it all . But still ...

Hrafnagud72
12-19-2014, 06:45 AM
I seen it right away man ! ... I'm in shock !!! It grinds my gears that they would do that ... typical of them though ..
but I mean the game HAD the best graphics i have seen to date (IMO) . REALLY DISAPPOINTED !!!
I know about the performance side of it all . But still ...

I don't think they have had the best graphics. The graphics are good but I think Ryse of Rome had the best graphics. It's not as open world as AC but the graphics are absolutely stunning.

GearWorld
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Hi,

I'm suffering a lot of stuttering on my PC and I don't understand why. Even with the latest patch it did not help. Please help in any way possible because I think I paid a lot for this game and according to the Pc I have there's no reason at all to have such stuttering all the time which makes the game absolutely unplayable.

Please any workaround would help. At least some details about what is causing such stuttering. We are a lot of people suffering from this since the release of the game. Can you imagine what it's like to play with so much stuttering all the time ?