PDA

View Full Version : Ac rogue Ps4 anytime soon

carneyguy
12-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Does anyone think that AC rogue will get a hd remake and if so how many years? I want to play rogue after unity but i dont want to play it on ps3 lol

JustPlainQuirky
12-16-2014, 08:10 AM
There will be no rerelease of Rogue on current gen consoles.

I know because it was the only damn question that Rogue developer would answer in the loomer interview

carneyguy
12-16-2014, 08:23 AM
yea the pnly thing is they said they would not have Liberations only on vita see what happened to that three years later lol anywho im going to get rogue for the ps3 when i get some extra money or xmas money just not looking forward to play in the once you go ps4 you cant go back lol hands hurt now when i play ps3 or 360 lol so lol i dont lol and i still need to finish Mass effect 3 lol and some others.lol

Aphex_Tim
12-16-2014, 09:37 AM
That post would be much easier to read if you didn't put "lol" after every word,

wvstolzing
12-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Sometime down the line, I'm sure it will appear on the PS4; though not 'anytime soon'.

SenseHomunculus
12-16-2014, 01:49 PM
That post would be much easier to read if you didn't put "lol" after every word,

C'mon, he's a happy guy!! Give him a break. We could all be a little more joyful.

bitebug2003
12-16-2014, 03:20 PM
I hope it does too -- I enjoyed it :)

I have Black Flag on PS3 and PS4 also :)

carneyguy
12-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Im laughing at something i was thinking about the whole time.As much as i love the series of AC. I love how these gaming companies love to take are money and they do very well with it. And im very bad at this i just hand them my money cause i like the series and i want to know what happens and their fun to play and amazing games the ac games.Anyways and yes i try to be very. lol lol happy. i get very cheesy when im playing AC and or Uncharted and something awesome happens and the sound is high and the house is shaking and the music is something awesome out of a epic movie

Mr_Stunner
12-16-2014, 11:12 PM
I think it will be released alongside with the pc version, they don't announce it yet so they can seel some more units on Christmas for old-gen systems.

Will_Lucky
12-16-2014, 11:24 PM
I'd guess in June/July. That'd be some good timing for a the Summer drought not to mention it would be a few months before the release of Victory which well they'll want to avoid releasing it near.

It could also come out surprisingly at the same time as the PC in the first quarter but they kept that quiet to get people to buy the 360/PS3 versions.

wvstolzing
12-16-2014, 11:32 PM
It could also come out surprisingly at the same time as the PC in the first quarter but they kept that quiet to get people to buy the 360/PS3 versions.

Yeah, when Balabanov vehemently denied that they were even *considering* to release it on current-gen, the first thing that came to my mind was that they were trying to avoid the so-called 'Osborne effect'. (As if to say: Don't buy our product now, a better one's coming out a few months later ... oops, bankrupcy)

MegaRock35
12-16-2014, 11:32 PM
How long does it take to port up, anyway? Add that time to November and that's your absolute bare minimum time you'd have to wait. It definitely wasn't in development at the time of release, as they unequivocally stated "No, we have no plans" when asked. Compare that to "we have nothing to discuss at this time" for the PC port when asked.

It's still fairly likely, but remember that Liberation HD was 14 months after the original release, and the Vita hardly had the consumer base that the PS360 does. So it could still be a while, if at all.

Will_Lucky
12-17-2014, 12:16 AM
How long does it take to port up, anyway? Add that time to November and that's your absolute bare minimum time you'd have to wait. It definitely wasn't in development at the time of release, as they unequivocally stated "No, we have no plans" when asked. Compare that to "we have nothing to discuss at this time" for the PC port when asked.

It's still fairly likely, but remember that Liberation HD was 14 months after the original release, and the Vita hardly had the consumer base that the PS360 does. So it could still be a while, if at all.

Depends on what the tools are like, but Rogue runs on the Black Flag engine more or less and they've got all the assets created. Presumably porting it would actually be easier now than it was before. We don't know what the lead platform was or is even. But I'd guess porting it would be a very easy process with this.

The main time focus would be the next-gen exclusive stuff, but as I said Black Flags engine already exists on the Next-Gen that might also be easier when it comes to applying lighting. But things like Snow, the Arctic Ocean and Northern Lights will probably need its own attention on the next-gen.

In regards to them only just starting development, I'd say unlikely they've probably had it running in some form on the next-gen before it was even released. We know the engine runs on the next-gen and that was over a year ago.

RinoTheBouncer
12-17-2014, 12:20 AM
I’d get it in a heartbeat. I play ACIV on PS3 and when it came out on PS4, I got it right away and it became my first PS4 game, and got the Black Chest Edition for it and finished it 100% on PS4 along with reach Prestige level 1 in MP. Though I doubt that anybody’s gonna be remastering Rogue for PS4 anytime soon. They’re too busy with ACU and it’s DLC. I think maybe next year, halfway through to keep everyone busy till the launch of AC:V

JustPlainQuirky
12-17-2014, 12:57 AM
Random statement, but even though I love Rogue's story, it is infinitely inferior to black flag in terms of pretty much everything else.

MegaRock35
12-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Depends on what the tools are like, but Rogue runs on the Black Flag engine more or less and they've got all the assets created. Presumably porting it would actually be easier now than it was before. We don't know what the lead platform was or is even. But I'd guess porting it would be a very easy process with this.

The main time focus would be the next-gen exclusive stuff, but as I said Black Flags engine already exists on the Next-Gen that might also be easier when it comes to applying lighting. But things like Snow, the Arctic Ocean and Northern Lights will probably need its own attention on the next-gen.

In regards to them only just starting development, I'd say unlikely they've probably had it running in some form on the next-gen before it was even released. We know the engine runs on the next-gen and that was over a year ago.

Good point, I guess they basically have a lot of it already done for them. Still not so sure they've started before release, though, because they tend to dodge questions about future stuff if it's true, rather than just deny it. :P I guess we'll see before too long?

Hans684
12-17-2014, 08:22 PM
Don't expect it but want it.

wvstolzing
12-17-2014, 09:29 PM
I found the writing in Rogue reprehensible, and I absolutely hate Shay as a character -- but I'd buy Rogue on the PS4, if only to sail on the northern seas.

carneyguy
12-18-2014, 07:05 AM
i just want to play it on the new gen console. i have basically moved on, rarely play my ps3 or 360 i would sell them but i dont want pennies and their are games i like to play on it maybe one day to finish up collecting trophies or just to play again.

JustPlainQuirky
12-18-2014, 07:08 AM
I found the writing in Rogue reprehensible, and I absolutely hate Shay as a character -- but I'd buy Rogue on the PS4, if only to sail on the northern seas.

I was rewatching the game today and there definitely was some eeeeehhhh moments in the script.

But overall I found it very solid

souNdwAve89
12-18-2014, 07:54 AM
The script needed to remind us more that Shay makes his own luck.