PDA

View Full Version : Savegame lost ? whre is the savefile/backup ?

Aden75
12-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi Ubiteam and community...

This evening I just launch the game (Assassin's Creed Unity)... and I'm in the beginning again, and do not find a way to get back my savegame :mad: after at least a few days gaming... and 20% accomplished in the game

Can everyone tell me if there is a backup somewhere ? I do not want to start again the game !

Ubiteam, could you provide the backup file ? from the cloud ? or does this nightmare have a link with patch 4 implementation ?

Is there a process to have a clean (and safe) savegame file ?

Please help !

Best

AD

SirGuscht
12-17-2014, 12:48 AM
Welocme to the club! I also lost my savegame after like 30 hours of playing due to the first BSoD I ever had on this pc. Cloud save doesn't seem to work and local save acts like I've never played. Kinda annoying since there seems to be close to 0 chances to get it back to work. But the losses of saves do apparently significantly increase the last few days. Just a week of bad luck? Hmm...

BurnedRook
12-17-2014, 07:16 AM
I'll go through my "adventure" with the Ubi tech support:

Hey, did you try looking to see if you have a second save file? No, probably means yours glitched, and then when you started that new game, it synched that new game to the single cloud save you have too. Sucks, but we can't do anything about it. If you can find your glitched save, can you send it to us though?

I was at 37%, just starting sequence 5 when mine was erased/glitched due to the companion app when I was at Unity's main menu. Basically the problem ends up like this: Something glitches in your local save file, so you are forced to start a new game, which syncs to the cloud and erases all your progress there too.

mathiasro
12-17-2014, 08:26 PM
I completed the sequence 11 and after the 3. Patch.... all away!
BUT the Uplay plattform says that i got the achievement of completing the sequence 11!! I say really thx...

Next thing is: I wait since two weeks for an answer of the support....

Aden75
12-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks for this first feedback,... one from Ubiteam / community manager could be helpfull ...

I read in other threads, that some advise to back up each time the savefiles, which are located usually here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\xxxx\720

Can someone confirm if this solution works ? (copy / paste the last back up if the savegames failed) or if someone has a best way to do it... you're welcome

And if some already try this, does this trick interfere with Uplay ? Initiates ?

I'm still waiting an answer if Ubi could provide last saves from the cloud. As for you in Uplay, they still say that I'm 20% progression and i already consume some Uplay points to unblock events.

Does someone know if Patch 4 will correct this problems with savegames in ACU, and if (better) it will be possible to manage differents savefiles directly within the game ?

YazX_
12-17-2014, 11:06 PM
Thanks for this first feedback,... one from Ubiteam / community manager could be helpfull ...

I read in other threads, that some advise to back up each time the savefiles, which are located usually here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\xxxx\720

Can someone confirm if this solution works ? (copy / paste the last back up if the savegames failed) or if someone has a best way to do it... you're welcome

And if some already try this, does this trick interfere with Uplay ? Initiates ?

I'm still waiting an answer if Ubi could provide last saves from the cloud. As for you in Uplay, they still say that I'm 20% progression and i already consume some Uplay points to unblock events.

Does someone know if Patch 4 will correct this problems with savegames in ACU, and if (better) it will be possible to manage differents savefiles directly within the game ?

Hello, i'm sorry to tell you that if you lost your saves and the cloud didnt restore them, then they are gone, saves indeed are located in the folder you pointed to, the last hope is to look inside the folder and see if you have files with extensions *.old, saves names are like this:

1.Save
2.Save

sometimes the cloud rename 1.save to 1.save.old and 2.save to 2.save.old before replacing saves, if you still have the .old ones, then remove the .old extension by renaming the file and try to launch the game and see if they load properly.

one thing you can be sure of is the size of the files, 2.save is the important file since its the one which holds your actual progress, if the size is small 4k-5k then you dont have any progress left, otherwise if its like 20k+, then it still contain your progress, so just rename it to 2.save instead of 2.save.old (if there is an already 2.save file in the folder, then keep the one that has bigger size).

Regarding backups, yes the optimal solution is to take manual backups of ANY game not just this one, luckily there are tools online that can do that for you automatically , alternatively you can use this tool for Ubisoft games, check this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/889167-Ultimate-Saves-Backup-Restore-Tool-for-All-Ubisoft-Games

About copying/pasting saves, since this is the first game to place locked chests and link them to initiates and companion, it seems those chests are synced with UPlay and then contained within 2.save, so i believe when you place an older save, the game will sync with UPlay and update your old save for that purpose, better to ask support since they know how this works as i havent tried it to be honest.