PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4 Delayed

skrillior
12-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Edit:

It will be released today (16th December) for the Xbox one & PS4, yet later for the PC as usual.

Huge preformance update. (Size 6.7 GB)

Patch 4 delivers a variety fixes including:

• Performance & Stability: Frame rate drops, game crashes, lost progression

• Gameplay: Navigation, lock picking chests

• Online: Connectivity, matchmaking, companion app

Patch notes: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/975386-Patch-4-Release-Notes
Source: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Stay updated here: http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/community/liveupdates/index.aspx

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
So we just got told that Patch 4 is on hold hahaha,
Why am i not suprised?

"As stated last week, we’d expected to release the patch today, but we are choosing to hold off until we can give you the improvements we’ve promised." - Ubitroll

You can't trust Ubi anymore, they bring a whole new meaning to the word 'promise'.

Too bad i can't even play the free game they offered for in the mean time.

Still hope they can fix this game.

M4EOzzy
12-15-2014, 08:04 PM
It's absolutely ridiculous that they waited until the absolute last moment, they say the patch is supposed to be released, to notify players of the delay. There's no way they didn't know days ago they were going to miss the date. Why even give a date of you can't meet it? Ugh.

skrillior
12-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Yeah thats Ubitroll for you, I feel really sorry for the console players,

mickey1231
12-15-2014, 09:25 PM
I don't think Ubisoft understand its precocious situation at the moment. And Yes we do understand that is was never your intention to release this patch today ( where everybody was waiting for cuz after weeks we still can't play your most anticipated game of the year ) and yes we do understand how you're treating your most valuable customers.

Seaclean
12-15-2014, 09:26 PM
**** 'em.

CQMET_PenperOni
12-15-2014, 09:33 PM
why that hate? O_O
that's unnecessary u.u
the only thing i hope is that they dont remove the quality of the game.
besides that i don't see a reason for so much hate
well.... i guess haters gonna hate :)

Seaclean
12-15-2014, 09:36 PM
People hate because many can't play the game properly due to technical hick-ups from Ubisofts side or the many bugs. This would've been forgiveable, were it not the case with every god damn Ubisoft game released on PC. Watch Dogs was/is a REALLY good example of a disaster that they just gave up on and tried to make people forget about.

Erfivur
12-15-2014, 09:44 PM
I'd rather it worked than it was released right now so.. can't say as i'm bothered or feel I have any more reason to be upset with Ubi.

BlackLord049
12-15-2014, 10:04 PM
why that hate? O_O
that's unnecessary u.u
+1

mickey1231
12-15-2014, 10:10 PM
We don't actually hate. But we don't like being misled. And it speaks for itself that we all want the game in a good shape.

M4EOzzy
12-15-2014, 11:19 PM
I think being refused a refund for a product that was sold to you broken should be all the reason anyone needs to hate.

PhilyG213
12-15-2014, 11:23 PM
I actually think it's a great idea delaying it. They'll make it better and I accept that.

USAdystopia
12-16-2014, 02:20 AM
Be very, very careful when turning on a light in your house at night...it may not work. Technical difficulties may be encountered that may delay...seeing...for awhile. You going for the light bulb, fuse OR circuit breaker?

Green_Reaper
12-16-2014, 02:21 AM
why that hate? O_O
that's unnecessary u.u
I can understand their frustration especially when the game un-patched is undoubtedly bogged down by heaps of technical issues and, in my opinion, unnecessary "locks".

RVSage
12-16-2014, 03:00 AM
why that hate? O_O
that's unnecessary u.u

Totally agree

Dom1k0
12-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Damn! i was looking forward to finally able to play this game properly. Right now it's just unplayable for me.

CQMET_PenperOni
12-16-2014, 03:05 AM
well, i can understand the frustation......
but idk, the behavior is.... "overhavior" (hahah just made that word up :v)
ok, i can understand them, but instead of keep cursing Ubisoft, just report the problems, CALMLY, and wait for them to solve the problems....
I dont think ubisoft, or any other company, can simulate such a large scale tests like the players...... I mean, "ok, let's simulate 500.00 players, with 100.000 diferent computer configs"
idk, maybe that's just me because i allready knew I would not be able to play it properly with my "rig"
Anyway, about the delay of patch 4... :(
ALOT of people were waiting for the patch, but, speaking on "their language", you guys want the patch to fix things or a Unity 2.0? you want the patch bring diferent problems or only fix the existing problems?
Imagine if Unity haven't been delayed the first time
Besides, computing is a big mess, one wrong ; and everything crashes.
so what do we do? we play it, test it and give a feedback.
i like the way they do that, even with bugs, problems and everything
aaaaaaaaand I allready wrote too much, sorry
I understand your feelings, but just wait, give your feedback, and..... yea... that's it...
sorry for anything o/

Green_Reaper
12-16-2014, 03:17 AM
ok, i can understand them, but instead of keep cursing Ubisoft, just report the problems, CALMLY, and wait for them to solve the problems....
I dont think ubisoft, or any other company, can simulate such a large scale tests like the players...... I mean, "ok, let's simulate 500.00 players, with 100.000 diferent computer configs"
idk, maybe that's just me because i allready knew I would not be able to play it properly with my "rig"
ALOT of people were waiting for the patch, but, speaking on "their language", you guys want the patch to fix things or a Unity 2.0? you want the patch bring diferent problems or only fix the existing problems?
I understand your feelings, but just wait, give your feedback, and..... yea... that's it...
sorry for anything o/

Well about the many different rigs/configurations - that sounds plausible, but it's not like releasing a decently running a game for PC at launch is impossible. We've seen many games launch, un-patched running with some issues, but still remaining fairly playable. AND "scalable" for a range of PC configurations. That's unfortunately not the case with Unity, and it makes me wonder. Maybe it's because for ACU they're doing a bunch of things they haven't done in the past before - for instance a upgraded or modified version of Anvil next, larger world, more npcs, etc. and this new co-op integration. These are possibly some of the reasons things aren't going smoothly yet. I don't know, sometimes I wish they gave legit, real, straightforward reasons for the issues that are happening. Instead we're just playing the waiting game, and mostly told to wait for fixes when they come.

ACE7492
12-16-2014, 04:29 AM
sorry for anything o/

Ubisoft and other companies can do large scale tests. Beta testing, which they chose not to do for this game. So many of these problems would have been found before release. And you basically say at the end of your post, "We play it, test it, and give feedback" I don't have a problem doing that, except that stuff needs to be done before release, NOT AFTER. Any way you slice it, it's always going to come back to the same point. This game was not ready to be released, wasn't properly tested, and was not up to par with many of their past releases. I'm not sure if "hating" on the game is what people are doing, it sounds more like people who care about getting quality for what they spend their money on. I for one expect a complete game on release day, not a game with many of its features locked behind other applications ( some which don't work) and some that don't exist yet.(Club Competition). I also think it's not unreasonable to hold Ubisoft to the high standards that they created in making past Assassins Creed games. While all of them have not been perfect, they have always been quality made games from a quality driven team. I, and many others seemingly do not feel the same about Unity.

MasaIV
12-16-2014, 05:40 AM
I think much of the frustration with the announcement of a delay is from the assumption that Patch 4 in its current state would still be an incremental improvement over what many are experiencing in the game right now. We really don't know if that is the case or not.

From the sounds of it, they've found some solutions, but it is taking longer than they originally expected to complete that work because they are having to change many things. It would not be surprising if some design decision(s) they had made turn out to have been the cause of the poor performance - and now that design is being systematically undone to get the game to work properly (terrible design decisions like the Companion App and locking content behind it and Initiates that did not function at all at launch).

While I'm very frustrated with the state of Unity, I can't help but think that many of Unity's problems were from terrible decisions made at high levels of Ubisoft and forced on the developers (again, such as Initiates and the Companion App). It's those developers (the guys actually building the game, not the suits having meetings about how they can get an extra $2 from a mobile app) that are now having to build the patches we are all eagerly awaiting - patches to fix problems that I don't think were the developers' fault (I blame the suits). It is because of that (and that I've completed the Single Player story) that I have now more patience for Patch 4 (and also no hope for Victory being any better than Unity).

USAdystopia
12-16-2014, 06:25 AM
Ubisoft and other companies can do large scale tests. Beta testing, which they chose not to do for this game. So many of these problems would have been found before release. And you basically say at the end of your post, "We play it, test it, and give feedback" I don't have a problem doing that, except that stuff needs to be done before release, NOT AFTER. Any way you slice it, it's always going to come back to the same point. This game was not ready to be released, wasn't properly tested, and was not up to par with many of their past releases. I'm not sure if "hating" on the game is what people are doing, it sounds more like people who care about getting quality for what they spend their money on. I for one expect a complete game on release day, not a game with many of its features locked behind other applications ( some which don't work) and some that don't exist yet.(Club Competition). I also think it's not unreasonable to hold Ubisoft to the high standards that they created in making past Assassins Creed games. While all of them have not been perfect, they have always been quality made games from a quality driven team. I, and many others seemingly do not feel the same about Unity.

PenperOni, MasaIV and Ace7492 have some good points. End result is that everyone is actually being paid to do what some have called "beta testing". If the publishers/devs had offered three months ago to LET you have the game to "test"...EVERYONE would have jumped at the opportunity. Fortunately have encountered few issues with this game...why? Dunno. Free game or dlc campaign....hmmm...good wages. Beats trying to help nincompoops configure their systems on some hardware manufacturer's forums!

Go try that sometime. New game releases (with all their potential headaches) will appear easy by comparison.

Be positive.

ACE7492
12-16-2014, 09:21 AM
I understand what you mean in a sense. However I didn't get the season pass, so, no free game for me. I did pre-order, so I get the DLC, I am not excited by this because its going to simply be an add-on to a game that isn't working correctly for everyone. As stated, I would have Beta tested for free if allowed, but compensation isn't what I want. I want a game that works. Also, I wasn't given this game to test, I paid for it, and it wasn't complete, it wasn't polished, it wasn't what I had come to expect from Ubisoft. My game says I'm running at 50fps at the settings I use, but there is a hitch every so often that kills the games continuity. Hair and clothing jumping around for no reason. But my biggest gripe is the focus on everything except the single player experience. It's just my opinion, and worthless as it may be, I felt like they shifted their focus on co-op, multiplayer, add-ons, crowd size, and apps. So anyway, If we are being paid to Beta test, I'm getting a 20 dollar dlc for free(which I can only hope will work) and I paid 60 for the game. I also have lost my data on the companion app 3 times. I would say I'm still losing and that makes it hard to stay positive.

Anykeyer
12-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Not surprised at all. Dont remember Ubi ever releasing something on mondays, so I already expected this to be some kind of mistake.

Wrath2Zero
12-16-2014, 09:55 AM
AMD Omega driver fixed the performance anyway so we don't need a downgrade in graphics in Patch 4.

Catalysis 14.9.11 Beta
http://i.imgur.com/VOQYVIb.jpg

Catalysis Omega 14.12
http://i.imgur.com/eLMYaBY.jpg

hanhamreds
12-16-2014, 11:10 AM
AMD Omega driver fixed the performance anyway so we don't need a downgrade in graphics in Patch 4.

Catalysis 14.9.11 Beta
http://i.imgur.com/VOQYVIb.jpg

Catalysis Omega 14.12
http://i.imgur.com/eLMYaBY.jpg

I'm getting the freezing for 10sec's or so, but apart from that and the occasional popping I'm happy with my frame rate.

MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970 - 50-30fps.

Wrath2Zero
12-16-2014, 11:17 AM
My overclocked R9 280 is below minimum spec yet I can get 32-55fps, 1080p, ultra,SSAO, FXAA thanks to the Omega driver. Minimum is an 7970 so I don't know why they say that, PS4 and XBox one must be below minimum then because even they can't achieve a sold 30fps at 900p, more like 16-30fps.

hanhamreds
12-16-2014, 11:41 AM
My overclocked R9 280 is below minimum spec yet I can get 32-55fps, 1080p, ultra,SSAO, FXAA thanks to the Omega driver. Minimum is an 7970 so I don't know why they say that, PS4 and XBox one must be below minimum then because even they can't achieve a sold 30fps at 900p, more like 16-30fps.

16fps is unplayable ............................. LOL!

eelnico09
12-16-2014, 11:47 AM
http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/eelnico09/ACU2014-12-0120-44-15-41_zpse16a007f.png

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/eelnico09/ACU2014-12-0120-56-29-38_zpsff9b7967.png

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/eelnico09/ACU2014-12-0120-44-24-19_zpsce774a70.png

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/eelnico09/ACU2014-12-0120-45-52-73_zpse1c84506.png

I5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz, GTX 970 stock, 8gb ram 1333.

Trick: Use FXAA (looks even better, and the performance gain compared to MSAA is huge)

Wrath2Zero
12-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Patch got delayed because Ubisoft need time to optimise the console's version or downgrade it to get to 30fps.

http://i.imgur.com/i0527gN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9z2mCAh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cnnLJOq.jpg

Seaclean
12-16-2014, 11:54 AM
What really got me was this:

"Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us"
- Assassin's Creed Unity developer team

You can't say that after launching Unity in the state it was. You just can't. *tears from laughing*

CQMET_PenperOni
12-16-2014, 12:47 PM
just to say I saw all your quotes/replies and I understand your points

whalechan
12-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Apparently there could be unforeseen things, as an example the latest omega drivers from AMD broke the game for me, and that was released just recently. If they are patching things like that, I'm fine waiting. More or less...

stevvie69
12-16-2014, 01:32 PM
I'd rather wait for the patch to be right, just like I would of rather waited for the game to be fixed rather than rushing it out for Christmas.

Wrath2Zero
12-16-2014, 01:47 PM
We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve. “

So in other words a downgrade I bet.

BCFreeman
12-16-2014, 02:14 PM
They better fix this! It's scattered around Paris. Very noticeable with MSAA or TXAA enabled.

http://i.imgur.com/z9kzv6F.jpg

wootwoots
12-16-2014, 07:21 PM
So in other words a downgrade I bet.
That's what i'am afraid about... that's the lazy way to "optimize" instead of correctly rework engine stuff / shader asking to much resources for nothing and so on..

About the angry ppl.. well... the game is out since more than a month and many ppl still cant play it properly.. so yeah... No surprise...