PDA

View Full Version : Best Assassins' Headquarters

MyAccountMax
12-15-2014, 05:28 PM
My favorite is Villa Auditore, since it functions as a home, headquarters and fortress at the same time.

You could also display all your weapons and armor on racks and elegant cases, which you canīt in ACU (!!!!!!!)

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 05:48 PM
The Homestead, as it felt like a digital home for me. To start off, not only did it display our equipment, I loved how it was secretly hidden in the house. Playing Rogue and just trying to open the door to the hidden room brings back a ton of nostalgia.

I also love the homestead missions and Connor's interactions with the people. It really felt like a genuine community of family there. Everyone looked out for each other. I especially love, and I mean LOVE, how Corrine and Oliver, at their old age, took resident and moved their bar there.

My second favorite would be Unity's as it serves its purposes fairly well for what it is. A quick bank. =l Nahhhh, but really, I actually love seeing my club's banner on the club hall. Can't wait for the club competitions.

SpiritOfNevaeh
12-15-2014, 05:52 PM
The Homestead is first place for me.

The Villa is second.

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 05:53 PM
What about AC Rogue...? :(

GoldenBoy9999
12-15-2014, 05:57 PM
My favorite is the Homestead. Everyone seemed like close friends there, it was big, and it expanded as you did more missions for it. It had a purpose and I liked the crafting as well.

A close second is the Cafe Theatre. I like its nooks and crannies and its architectural style.

What about AC Rogue...? :(

Hah, I brought that up in the last one of these threads. It's nothing special.

Matknapers18
12-15-2014, 06:02 PM
I would have to give this to Villa Auditore. Purely because, from a gameplay perspective, it offered the most content. Loads of shops to renovate that would actually assist you throughout the story, and the fact that its a real fortress/town makes it even cooler. Plus this renovation sort of started the trend for the future hideouts, so I think its important to give it credit there.

Second would probably be Great Inagua. Because, well, owning your own pirate island is freakin bad ***. Plus it was fun to chill down at the docks, not sure if anyone noticed but pirates would randomly fire their pistols in the air. It was just really immersive for me.

And homestead was great as it offered a bunch of missions that actually developed Connor more than the main story did. Really, those simple errands for the community were awesome. But aside from that it was kinda empty really. No reason to return. Naval missions were kinda chucked in there by the docks, I wouldn't see them as a 'Homestead feature'.

Assassin_M
12-15-2014, 06:03 PM
Homestead: Felt like a warm home that you built yourself.
Cafe Theatre: I LOVE its design, especially the fencing room because it reminds me of my old fencing club back in Egypt
Masyaf: Was the imposing home of the Assassins.
Galata: Not too remarkable but i liked it when recruits would greet me as mentor
Great Inagua: Loved the place but never felt attached to it
Villa: Only attachment to it was supposed to be the family tie but I never cared for Ezio in AC II, so I felt nothing for the Villa.

GunnerGalactico
12-15-2014, 06:07 PM
I like Masayaf the most because it feels like a heavily guarded fortress, but beautiful on the outside and the garden at the back is my favourite hangout spot.

My second favourite HQ is the Homestead because it has a cosy, homely feel to it and I liked interacting with the people there.

My third choice is Tiber Island Hideout because I loved the interior of it and I like the fact that it almost hidden in plain sight.

shobhit7777777
12-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Galata.

It felt like a proper Assassin HQ and I loved smokey atmosphere of the interiors. Plus, the Assassin's hanging around were a great touch.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 06:29 PM
Didn't we have this, before?

Homestead.

It felt the most warming & realistic...

rrebe
12-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Homestead, because of it felt homey and the people living there felt like family.

Shahkulu101
12-15-2014, 06:46 PM
Villa Auditore. It really felt like home, and like every other location in AC2 it was so atmospheric because of the ambient music.

Sticking on AC2 now and again to visit is a great nostalgia trip, but feels really melancholy for some reason.

GoldenBoy9999
12-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Didn't we have this, before?

Yeah, not too long ago, also. I guess I've been here long enough that I can see the same threads appear again and again.

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 08:55 PM
Initially I wasnt too attached to the homestead but after playing Rogue, I've developed a fondness to it.

GoldenBoy9999
12-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Initially I wasnt too attached to the homestead but after playing Rogue, I've developed a fondness to it.

That's how it was with me. That mission made me very happy. It could have been some other HQ but Rogue put the Homestead at #1.

Megas_Doux
12-15-2014, 09:14 PM
Masyaf, Monteriggioni, Great Inagua and Homestead although good are everything but hideouts and considering the events of Rogue, I think is pretty stupid that the templars having control of the colonies never launched an attack there once Connor began succeding at his job.....

Therefore I choose either Galata headquarters or the santuary in Unity. Iīll go the latter......

Altair1789
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I think Masyaf and the homestead were the best. Masyaf was pretty much the main headquarters until Altaïr changed their ways.

MyAccountMax
12-15-2014, 09:23 PM
Some great responses. I didnīt actually know this was sort of a repost, but I guess some people missed the old thread so heck..

Anyhow, the reason for me choosing Villa Auditore was purely for its architecture, geographical location and purpose. I didnīt consider any of the options' ties to the story and/or character etc.
If counting missions, story and so on then I would definitely choose the Homestead.

king-hailz
12-15-2014, 09:39 PM
I love villa auditore! Monteriggioni literally feels like home to me... The beautiful colour that was there the creepy mistiness to it!!! Ahhhh I'm getting chills just talking about it!

RinoTheBouncer
12-15-2014, 10:23 PM
I’m torn between Monteriggioni and Masyaf. The latter had such sense of grandiose. It was an openly Assassin controlled city. However, Monteriggioni had warm and homey feeling, and it had the amazing Villa Auditore and of course, *sigh* Hotzio.

So I’ll arrange them this way from most to least favorite:

1. Monteriggioni
2. Masyaf
3. Homestead
4. The Great Inagua
5. Cafe Theatre
6. Galata Headquarters
7. Tiber Island