PDA

View Full Version : So when is patch 4 coming out?

Seaclean
12-15-2014, 12:35 PM
It's monday December 15th.

Mr_Shade
12-15-2014, 12:56 PM
It's monday December 15th.

And it's Monday for the next 12 hours - dates quoted etc - will be CET, so it's expected to be out sometime today.

danno77
12-15-2014, 01:42 PM
I am hoping this patch is going to resolve all the major problems as promised. if not them I'm done with your employer.

jhgfkdj
12-15-2014, 01:59 PM
I am waiting all the time from yesterday, so why is it still not coming out yet?

Seaclean
12-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Would've been nice with a specific time of deployment instead of this diffuse waiting.

Erfivur
12-15-2014, 02:24 PM
I am waiting all the time from yesterday, so why is it still not coming out yet?
Because a day is 24 hours long?

I am hoping this patch is going to resolve all the major problems as promised. if not them I'm done with your employer.

... Technically it's not promised to fix all major problems as far as I've seen but it is offering to provide many improvements.
(Never going to help all those in denial with below spec machines though, even though it can run Crysis/Farcry 3 on max settings or whatever...)

I do hope it gets rid of my intermittent 10-20 second freezes where the game just stops for some reason every now and again (maybe 0-2 times an hour or so) and then carries on again.

nugg0r
12-15-2014, 02:48 PM
***INCOMING EXCUSES CLAXON***

People are kinda waiting for this and pinning there hopes on it fixing the actual game they paid good money for you know...

vain.hiel.
12-15-2014, 02:49 PM
just a suggestion mr shade. i think whoever is responsible for the release announcement should state a date one day late while planning to release it the day prior to it. with that, whoever got it early would be thanking instead of like right now expecting it to be done 12 oclock their time .

and it kinda give us the good feel to be able to download it on the day it was announced to be released

BlackLord049
12-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Why don't you go outside and have a social life ? Just wait a couple hours and get back to check later.

ThreePinkApples
12-15-2014, 05:45 PM
I would suspect it will arrive sometimes towards the end of their work day

fitzsteve
12-15-2014, 05:54 PM
why don't you go outside and have a social life ? Just wait a couple hours and get back to check later.

+1 :d

eXtremeWarhead
it's very simple...ac:u comes from ubi montreal and for those guys it's now lunchtime, so do the math: they have still 12h time. so expect the next attempt to fix all the bugs, especially fix those bugs for me, which i hadn't until patch #3, until 12hours from bow on. if you wanna wait, do it...but i had better things to do as to wait for another disappointment

MenteAlina
And it's Monday for the next 12 hours - dates quoted etc - will be CET, so it's expected to be out sometime today.

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141215/6rgrwj3x.gif

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141215/bqttdjer.gif

Aenigmatix
12-15-2014, 06:04 PM
For the love of all things good, guys...

Ubisoft is based in the western hemisphere. Time zones are not universal. It's noon here, Eastern Standard Time, and December 15th is 24 hours long, just like every day of the year.

I'm angry that Ubisoft released an unfinished product like everyone else. But if you're seriously staring at your computer right now waiting anxiously for Patch 4 to be released, I strongly suggest you go outside, take a walk, go get a cup of coffee, or do anything remotely social in the outside world so you might remember that video games shouldn't consume your life so much.

ExtremeErection
12-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Actually the performance is playable (not best) for me (GTX760). I think people are just trying to mask the fact the game is short and not fun. I myself PRE ORDERED so don't say I'm gamer poop. They need to make BF2 or something...Paris is small and the missions are none to almost no replayable. It's an okay campaign,5H tops CO OP and that's it.

Aenigmatix
12-15-2014, 06:15 PM
I've put in over 150 hours into Unity despite framerate and stuttering issues.

Whether you like the game or not is subjective, but I've really enjoyed it even with the persistent technical problems.

The-Bob
12-15-2014, 06:32 PM
http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141215/6rgrwj3x.gif

http://fs1.directupload.net/images/141215/bqttdjer.gif

I just had to login and reply quote this LMAO

ViperKoro
12-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Patch 4 on Hold

Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us, and your feedback over these past weeks has indicated that it is important to you as well.

As stated last week, we’d expected to release the patch today (and we know that many are anticipating its release), but we are choosing to hold off until we can give you the improvements we’ve promised. We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve.

Thank you very much for your understanding and continued patience.

-The Live Update Team

Well....

LambertoKevlar
12-15-2014, 07:13 PM
unbelievable....

Cygnifick
12-15-2014, 07:20 PM
A sticky post would have been nice with that update. The only support page that is updated is the English one. Furthermore, it's a shame that you have to wait till the last minute. I want to play the game I bought weeks ago the way it was meant to be played ffs.

NightmareGK13
12-15-2014, 07:28 PM
guess we'll have to wait even longer for club competition as well as the fixes, my game began stuttering like hell with no apparent reason, now i was hoping for the patch but not today says the LUT... charming -_-

... YOU CAN'T EVEN RELEASE A PATCH ON TIME???? You guys delay the game and it's full of bugs, promise a patch, delay the patch... let's hope the patch delivers what it's promised otherwise this is the most ridiculous gaming company in history... Ubisoft... delaying everything since AC II

ecocrash
12-15-2014, 07:30 PM
A sticky post would have been nice with that update. The only support page that is updated is the English one. Furthermore, it's a shame that you have to wait till the last minute. I want to play the game I bought weeks ago the way it was meant to be played ffs.

When it didn't arrive in the last few hours I knew it was to be postponed, going to be some very angry folk, but I just hope its done before xmas when people have some time off to really enjoy what is undoubtedly an atmospheric and detailed game, not sure about gameplay as its too laggy for me to do missions.

PunishedRated
12-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us.

hit the high level of quality our players deserve.
http://i.imgur.com/KNymiiK.gif

zigmont8
12-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us,
quote from Ubisoft

How did the game ship in it's current state if the above is true ?

I can not even load my save game it crashes to the desktop contacting support doesn't help with the matter.

Free DLC with the game that doesn't even load.

Never Again

edunfs
12-15-2014, 07:43 PM
just laughing to keep from crying.
Patch 4 on Hold

Rigorous quality control is of paramount importance to us, and your feedback over these past weeks has indicated that it is important to you as well.

As stated last week, we’d expected to release the patch today (and we know that many are anticipating its release), but we are choosing to hold off until we can give you the improvements we’ve promised. We are committed to delivering major performance improvements, which requires that we refurbish the Paris map and that will take a few more days to hit the high level of quality our players deserve.

Thank you very much for your understanding and continued patience.

-The Live Update Team

Well....

danno77
12-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Wow that is shocking for a company that is in this business for nearly 30 years. I hope people responsible for this mess are going to get sacked!

Lignjoslav
12-15-2014, 07:47 PM
^^I like the reference to the Nvidia's program. :D

If they are really going to bring a significant performance increase, okay. Deadlines get missed, it happens. It wouldn't have been for the worse if they had admitted that they'd missed the release date, instead of pretending that the game was ready, because that charade could only hold until the first people installed the game. Hopefully, the "map refurbishing" won't negatively affect other aspects of the game.

ecocrash
12-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Wow that is shocking for a company that is in this business for nearly 30 years. I hope people responsible for this mess are going to get sacked!

I think the most galling is as you say this is a major established company, they seemed to put as much effort into the merchandising and pay to play mechanisms(because that is what they are) and the pointless multi-media apps, the marketers seem to have had the main influence with this one.

blackroseMD1
12-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Hopefully, the "map refurbishing" won't negatively affect other aspects of the game.

"refurbishing" sounds to me like they're downgrading.

PunishedRated
12-15-2014, 07:56 PM

My thoughts exactly.

RaulO4
12-15-2014, 07:59 PM

dear god please no, first downgrading every game since E3, dont downgrade after release too....

Aenigmatix
12-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Well, that's really disappointing.

I guess congratulations are in order, though, right? At least this time Ubisoft was willing to recognize that the patch was not ready for release, so they chose not to release an unfinished product.

It's too bad they couldn't have made the same realization BEFORE THEY RELEASED A BROKEN GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE.

RVSage
12-15-2014, 09:17 PM
dear god please no, first downgrading every game since E3, dont downgrade after release too....

I really hope "refurbished" does not downgrade indeed.. But I feel there was no difference in quality between E3 and release.. It is just that there was no FPS counter on E3 version...

RVSage
12-15-2014, 09:21 PM
To be honest I have finished all missions.. Nothing left to do for me.. Did a perfect heist too... I hope Dead kings has better FPS... Overall quality wise this is the worst AC ever.. But again.. I will give Ubi a second chance because of their bold attempt and I hope victory wont be such a mess

Seaclean
12-15-2014, 09:24 PM
lmao guys, I swear when I made this thread, I had NO IDEA the patch would be THIS late. xD

Bahjabroni
12-15-2014, 09:47 PM
on the first light of the fifth day, at dawn look to the east

Pezol
12-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Well they cant make patch cause they are busy with their new Cash grab AC:V
WITH EVEN BETTER NEWER AWSOME GRAPH ENGINE COdnamed Asstomouth

jeje_71
12-15-2014, 10:19 PM

If they are really going to bring a significant performance increase, okay. Deadlines get missed, it happens. It wouldn't have been for the worse if they had admitted that they'd missed the release date, instead of pretending that the game was ready, because that charade could only hold until the first people installed the game. Hopefully, the "map refurbishing" won't negatively affect other aspects of the game.

the problem is it's very likely that the patch will be late AND still won't fix much and overall be a disappointement so people will be double pissed.

bbucha
12-15-2014, 11:08 PM

could you post a link to that reference kindly ?
This forum isn´t exactly userfriendly it so hard to keep track of the threads i have commented on... i would love to find a subscripe to each topic checkbox somewhere
Anyway would be cool if you could post a link thanks in advance

RaulO4
12-15-2014, 11:36 PM
I really hope "refurbished" does not downgrade indeed.. But I feel there was no difference in quality between E3 and release.. It is just that there was no FPS counter on E3 version...

oh but there is, you should go rewatch the first e3 release demo,

in logical terms i think its them adding more LOD to the building and maybe cutting off some poly (they have too much for no reason, some objects can have less poly and look the same

Javsp
12-15-2014, 11:46 PM
Jesus Ubi... You really need to change a lot of things in order to achive that some players trust you again. I guess you know if this patch fails then it willl be your death for a lot of your followers.

If this patch is what we all expect then you can focus on your other AAA title: Far Cry 4 (I mean the PC version) which is also an unfinished product.

strigoi1958
12-15-2014, 11:48 PM
For myself....I'm not bothered if a patch comes out now or later as the games been running great apart from a couple of co-ops but I think it is better to get the patch right rather than get it out now... after all people complain the game is broken because it's was released to meet a deadline... now people complain because a patch isn't being released to meet a deadline :confused:

genji2314
12-16-2014, 01:51 AM
They should've advertised that the people who are buying this game on release date, are actually paying $80+ to be a beta tester. If i knew that i would've never bought this game.

USAdystopia
12-16-2014, 02:13 AM
goobysoft pls go bankrupt and defunct or switch to making cotton socks for kids, itll suit you

YOU'VE BURIED YOURSELF IN LIES, FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, ALPHA BUILDS AND MANY MORE

So much cyber ink to say so little! What is YOUR actual point??

NightmareGK13
12-16-2014, 02:51 AM
For myself....I'm not bothered if a patch comes out now or later as the games been running great apart from a couple of co-ops but I think it is better to get the patch right rather than get it out now... after all people complain the game is broken because it's was released to meet a deadline... now people complain because a patch isn't being released to meet a deadline :confused:

you know my views mate, but i complained that they delayed ACU and still was unfinished
now they delay the patch... will it be finished?

delay is what ubisoft does best, but despite all the delays they still **** up in the end of the day, if you read the original post for the delay you will see some funny phrases that have already been quoted here, it's a joke...

they should now unlock more legendary gear since club competition is not going to be released yet again...

RVSage
12-16-2014, 02:57 AM

Irony of life mate.. People are always ready to complain about something or the other (Even I do.. But not to the extent of some people in these posts)... If next year Victory is as good as AC II.. still there will be some people complaining..

IMRicko
12-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Paris refurbishing = downgrade.
Ubi cannot optimise their games well so their only way to optimise games is to downgrade. nuff said

DragonBin87
12-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Just refund everyone their money already. You waste your customer's time and energy, you waste their money, hell you're wasting your own time and money Ubi if you continue to release crap and fail to deliver anything. I was completely fine with a delay on the game because I was tired of dealing with broken games being released. I was hoping you would have been faithful and stay true to your customers but I guess not. You're just like every other gaming company these days. Refund everyone and shut your doors. You have many stuck doing nothing because they can't complete your game because you screwed up. Just admit it and do something morally right for a change this year.

DarkSolitudeX
12-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Paris refurbishing = downgrade.
Ubi cannot optimise their games well so their only way to optimise games is to downgrade. nuff said

Maybe, maybe not. Could be polygon count. Could also be rebuilding parts of the map. In my experience, the light from outside the map will bleed through into the map (the underground of the café does this to me, as well as leaves and the sort appearing indoors).

Inside of François de la Serre's house in Versailles bleeds through, as well as texture artifacting, particularly with the cutscene at the beginning of Sequence 1 Memory 3. When Arno slips the letter under the door, the graphics do some strange artifacting, the scene slows to 15 or so fps and Arno's hair whips around like crazy.

I do think that the maps were made pretty half-****. Ubi could just be correcting that.

Lignjoslav
12-16-2014, 08:29 PM
I've just heard that PS4 players are getting a 6.5GB update. A sign of things to come?

Voyager456
12-16-2014, 08:53 PM
I doubt there will be major changes in fps though probably something like 4-5 FPS but i hope im wrong

Lignjoslav
12-16-2014, 09:18 PM
4-5fps would be huge for people that currently have 15 or 20. ;) If they delivered that and removed stuttering which occurs to me randomly plus a bug fix here and there, I would call the state of the game acceptable.

USAdystopia
12-17-2014, 02:14 AM
Said the guy with a 3 page signature

Just for you, shall add the read/write speeds of the 850PRO.
Lend me the laptop you're using to play the game and I'll post those specs for you.

Nailed909
12-18-2014, 06:59 AM
Hi, I would like to know if patch 4 was released on pc yet ? Or if we have some news when it comes out?

pbsec
12-18-2014, 08:49 AM
It is not out,later this week,most likely tomorrow,will be released.

medavroog
12-18-2014, 09:36 AM
... hopefully we will get it before Xmas day.

pbsec
12-18-2014, 10:01 AM
... hopefully we will get it before Xmas day.

They said later this week not later this month.

naumaan
12-18-2014, 10:14 AM
i am also waiting for it ..

danno77
12-18-2014, 12:26 PM
patch on consoles downgraded the game, hopefully this won't be a case on our platform

DarkSolitudeX
12-18-2014, 01:06 PM
patch on consoles downgraded the game, hopefully this won't be a case on our platform

How exactly was the console sku downgraded (# of npcs, textures, graphics)? I went on the console forums and I didn't see a post relating to this.

Mr_Shade
12-18-2014, 01:56 PM

I'm sorry to correct you - but no 'downgrade' happened on console after the patch.

If you would like to post proof to your statement, please do.

The PC patch is expected in the coming days - as per the Live update post.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

whalechan
12-18-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry to correct you - but no 'downgrade' happened on console after the patch.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

May I inquiry You about Ubisoft's policy on support? As it happens I opened a ticket over a week ago at your "support" website, yet I got NO response at all. I gave a very specific issue affecting a very specific subtype of platform (laptops w/ switchable graphics card AND the newest AMD Omega drivers) and I expected to get some sort of answer at least in a week. An answe of "Yes, we are aware of it and working on it." or "No, sorry; we cannot resolve the issues caused by manufacturer drivers."....well even an answer of "Thanks for reporting the issue" would be a nice thing at this point.

ecocrash
12-18-2014, 02:32 PM
May I inquiry You about Ubisoft's policy on support? As it happens I opened a ticket over a week ago at your "support" website, yet I got NO response at all. I gave a very specific issue affecting a very specific subtype of platform (laptops w/ switchable graphics card AND the newest AMD Omega drivers) and I expected to get some sort of answer at least in a week. An answe of "Yes, we are aware of it and working on it." or "No, sorry; we cannot resolve the issues caused by manufacturer drivers."....well even an answer of "Thanks for reporting the issue" would be a nice thing at this point.

In Ubisoft's Support's defence I have to say I reported an issue on their support site and got a reply within two days, and it was a weekend(PC)

Mr_Shade
12-18-2014, 02:32 PM

Hi,

Support maybe very busy at the moment, however they will answer when they get to your ticket.

Laptops versions of graphics cards while they may work - are not supported by the game, as per the system requirements - so you may have some issues specific to those cards, which may result in errors etc.

If you try different drivers, they can sometimes resolve those issues, however it's not something support can generally help with other than basic troubleshooting.

ecocrash
12-18-2014, 02:36 PM
Can you inform me Mr Shade if a HD6990 is supported?, it is older but very powerful card: it has 4gb of VR and runs every other game well, such as Crysis 3 with over 60 FPS on ultra, only one other game Rome 2 has frame rate issues with it..

Mr_Shade
12-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Can you inform me Mr Shade if a HD6990 is supported?, it is older but very powerful card: it has 4gb of VR and runs every other game well, such as Crysis 3 with over 60 FPS on ultra, only one other game Rome 2 has frame rate issues with it..

The official requirements are here:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/937186-Assassin-s-Creed-Unity-Minimum-amp-Recommended-PC-Requirements

Lignjoslav
12-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Ecocrash, the card is not officially supported, however, as you know, it's DX11 and powerful, so it will run (I'm running with a single 6950). Your only problem may be crossfire support as I'm not sure if AMD has made a Crossfire profile for your card and this game. Still, AFAIK, you can make your own Crossfire profile in CCC.

Pezol
12-18-2014, 04:49 PM

Well the live UPDATE isnt very accurate now is it

TheDownyy
12-18-2014, 05:11 PM
I've seen in some article that patch 4 has been released however when I start up my game I don't get a download prompt telling me to download also I've checked my version of the game and I am running 1.3.0 so my game hasn't been updated. I've also tried verifying files just in case but no luck.

Can someone help or update me on the situation.

Thanks

Orbit088
12-18-2014, 05:19 PM
PC hasn't gotten it yet. It should be available later this week.

TheDownyy
12-18-2014, 05:32 PM
Ahh Thanks alot!

naumaan
12-18-2014, 06:44 PM
later when ?

Mr_Shade
12-18-2014, 06:48 PM
later when ?

Later this week :)

tomo92s
12-18-2014, 07:09 PM
So probably on Sunday evening :)

Seaclean
12-18-2014, 07:11 PM
So probably on Sunday evening :)

If we're lucky ;p

BatJoe1
12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
I would have thought today, as releasing a patch on a Friday when no support if there is a problem over the weekend doesnt' sound like a good idea, but then again, using the word support and Ubisoft together is laughable.

dnameless1
12-18-2014, 08:15 PM

Apart from how well it runs with other games, my previous card was an HD6990, and I _think_ you effectively have 2GB per GPU. I'm trying to say; 2GB max that can be used by any game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

ecocrash
12-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Apart from how well it runs with other games, my previous card was an HD6990, and I _think_ you effectively have 2GB per GPU. I'm trying to say; 2GB max that can be used by any game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If a game has a crossfire profile, then with the above it should be the full four GB of VR that operates, sadly even with such profiles its frequently half that.

whalechan
12-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi,

Support maybe very busy at the moment, however they will answer when they get to your ticket.

Laptops versions of graphics cards while they may work - are not supported by the game, as per the system requirements - so you may have some issues specific to those cards, which may result in errors etc.

If you try different drivers, they can sometimes resolve those issues, however it's not something support can generally help with other than basic troubleshooting.

Thanks for the answer!
Although I wanted to aim my question on the way and timeframe support answers to tickets instead of the answer itself I do appreciate it.
So the game worked on 14.11.2 the moment before updating to 14.12, guess I'll have to wait for AMD to maybe fix it.

Cheers'