PDA

View Full Version : Uplay reinstaling over dvd installation ?

darren5011
12-15-2014, 09:56 AM
Problem is i have a solid state hard drive which as you'll will know are not all that big after everything else is installed.After installing the dvd version of the game and starting uplay then tells me it needs update then starts the patch which is about 50 gb apparently?? As anyone any ideas why and what to do should i just uninstall the dvd version then just reinstal with down load version i am confused.The thing is when uplay installs it installs cache files somewhere else then instals in a different directory from the dvd so that's over 100 gb's of data scattered about for one game and obviously i am getting short of space.

YazX_
12-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Hello,

it seems that you havent configured the game installation location in UPlay settings, to do that, go to UPlay settings (wheel icon next to minimize button) and set the installation path to the parent folder on where you have installed the game (i.e if you installed the game on C:\Ubisoft\ACU, then set the path to C:\Ubisoft).

Exit UPlay, and navigate to those keys in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Unity
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\720

there is a keyvalue on the right whenever you click on one of these keys called "installdir", make sure that the value of it points to where the game is installed, if not, then simply double click on it and modify the path. (MAKE SURE YOU USE FORWARD SLASH "/" NOT BACKSLASH "\" IN THE PATH)

Launch UPlay and it should detect your installed game and prompt for few MBs patch.

darren5011
12-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Cheers thanks for that I will reinstal again with dvd as what i have done is deleted the cd instalation let the 50 gig download continue now it doesnt work at all thanks for your input YazX_ (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/428531-YazX_) .
Darren ty

YazX_
12-15-2014, 04:04 PM
You are welcome, please let us know if you need further help.