PDA

View Full Version : Would you, the fans, be okay if we went to a time period before the 1700's?

Zero_Regen
12-15-2014, 09:42 AM
So since 3 we've hit the 1700's and now we're escalating through it and now even into the late 1800's. Would you guys be okay if they decided to go backwards to an Assassin before the 1700's? Thanks to anyone who replies!

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 09:57 AM
It depends on the setting. Both the timeline and setting are important factors.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 10:03 AM
I like both Modern & Ancient, so it doesn't matter.

Though a rotation between the two would be nice...

pirate1802
12-15-2014, 10:14 AM
Be okay? I'd prefer it.

GunnerGalactico
12-15-2014, 10:19 AM
I don't really mind Medieval or Revolutionary time periods. Although, I wouldn't want to go as recent as the 1930's.

king-hailz
12-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Lol obviously however if they are going to implement modern game play mechanics with the shooting I doubt they will risk getting rid of major mechanics to make a new game... They will probably make all the games past it and then stop...

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Lol obviously however if they are going to implement modern game play mechanics with the shooting I doubt they will risk getting rid of major mechanics to make a new game... They will probably make all the games past it and then stop...

Not really.

The closer we get to Modern, the more stealth we have to use.

That's why I'm hoping Victory exceeds even Unity in that aspect, and becomes the stealthiest game yet.

Well that's at least how I look at it... ^^

king-hailz
12-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Not really.

The closer we get to Modern, the more stealth we have to use.

That's why I'm hoping Victory exceeds even Unity in that aspect, and becomes the stealthiest game yet.

Well that's at least how I look at it... ^^

I guess... but can't arrows then be used as guns in the past...

topeira1980
12-15-2014, 11:02 AM
i also prefer going BACK. mostly because i really enjoy melee combat. AC:U finally made combat challenging and fun, even if kinda shallow, and im scared for Victory. i am scared that they will go for guns and fire arms and neglect the depth of the melee combat they started building upon.

i would prefer going back. any time will be fine as long as they improve mechanics. ancient times will be also cool and bows and spears and throwing knives\hatchets can replace fire arms, IMO.

i dont think fire arms are a must to make the game more stealth oriented. making enemies less predictable, faster and do more damage can force you to go stealthy just the same.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 11:03 AM
I guess... but can't arrows then be used as guns in the past...

Tbh, I find the arrows as annoying & overpowered as the guns are.

In brotherhood, I can kill an ARMORED brute with a single arrow, whilst in AC3 for example, It takes two gunshots to kill a Jager. ( The strongest guard)

Then they get overpowered in AC4 like the crossbow. :rolleyes:

king-hailz
12-15-2014, 11:19 AM
Tbh, I find the arrows as annoying & overpowered as the guns are.

In brotherhood, I can kill an ARMORED brute with a single arrow, whilst in AC3 for example, It takes two gunshots to kill a Jager. ( The strongest guard)

Then they get overpowered in AC4 like the crossbow. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about using the arrows or guns. I'm talking about getting hit by them to use stealth. If the future is better for stealth because the enemies have so many guns... why not give them arrows which have a one or 2 hit kill...

Aphex_Tim
12-15-2014, 11:21 AM
Certain sections in ACU left me craving for more medieval AC goodness, so yes, I'd be totally okay with it!

Minsooky
12-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Not just okay with it, I'd really prefer it. I think older historical settings are more interesting plus I don't like modern day anyways lol.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-15-2014, 12:57 PM
So since 3 we've hit the 1700's and now we're escalating through it and now even into the late 1800's. Would you guys be okay if they decided to go backwards to an Assassin before the 1700's? Thanks to anyone who replies!

Would I be okay with it? Hell yes! I'd be more than okay - I'd be really happy. Heck, take us back to a time when it's all stabbing and one-shot ranged weapons with slow reloads. I just think AC doesn't work all that well when multiple-fast-reloads for ranged combat is part of the mix.

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm not talking about using the arrows or guns. I'm talking about getting hit by them to use stealth. If the future is better for stealth because the enemies have so many guns... why not give them arrows which have a one or 2 hit kill...

Arrows can be parried or blocked with armor. i.e: AC:R's opening

Heck, guns in the Ezio Trilogy deals significantly more damage than a bow and arrow. And another thing, bows are quiet. If a musket is fired, the other guards will hear it and run towards, forcing you to evade, which as said, promotes stealth.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 01:33 PM

Oh.

Well in that regard, I guess.

Sorry, but the way you worded your previous post confused me a bit. ;)

rrebe
12-15-2014, 01:48 PM
I like both Modern & Ancient, so it doesn't matter.

Though a rotation between the two would be nice...

Yeah same with me.
Now that Victory is on its way I don't have any specific setting I'd like to see (I was hoping for a game for that time period), but I wouldn't mind some ancient/medieval for change.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Yeah same with me.
Now that Victory is on its way I don't have any specific setting I'd like to see (I was hoping for a game for that time period), but I wouldn't mind some ancient/medieval for change.

Same here.

That prologue in Unity made me wanting more. *Faints*

SenseHomunculus
12-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Like most above, "back in time" is preferable.

Speaking of different weapons, I think this has appeared on the AC setting request lists before but "medieval" (for lack of a better term) China in the 13th century would make for an amazing game. Like starting with the death of Genghis Khan (historically, his cause of death is a mystery... Assassins perhaps??) and the early development of gunpowder weapons, to the wars with the Mongols later in the 1200s. And if Ubisoft marketing deemed it necessary, you could even incorporate Western settings because of the Silk Road AND reuse assets from previous games! Back to Acre, anyone?

Of course, it would be weird having 13th century Chinese characters speaking with British accents... :rolleyes:

killzab
12-15-2014, 04:07 PM
I'd welcome it...

But I'd be fine either way ... I wouldn't mind a WWII game or a modern day one :rolleyes:

itsamea-mario
12-15-2014, 04:08 PM
God yes!
Back to the Medieval period please.

VoXngola
12-15-2014, 04:26 PM
The fans have been wanting to go back in time for..a long time. Before Victory was leaked I had hoped that the next game would finally take some risks and bring us to a different continent, or at least go to the ancient times or something.

Instead they go FORWARD in time, to the 19th century now. I hope it's a one-time thing, AC was stuck in the 18th century for 2 years with FIVEEEE games. I don't this to happen again.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-15-2014, 06:58 PM
I'd like to see any of the centuries that have plenty of buildings for us to climb, that they haven't yet covered. So any of the red periods work for me:

5000BCE to 100BCE - lack of buildings, small sizes of cities a potential issue, but if they can make it work, why not.
100BCE to 400s - Roman Empire - sea combat potential.
500s to 1000s - Vikings, barbarian invasions - more sea combat potential?
1100s - AC1, Altair.
1200s - AC Revelations, Altair.
1300s - not featured in any game as yet, and it's a rich period with lots of potential - the Peasants' Revolt, the Black Death, etc.
1400s - AC2, Ezio.
1500s - AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, Ezio.
1600s - not featured in any game as yet, and it's a rich period with lots of potential - Elizabethan England, Feudal Japan, Dutch East India Company, lots of sea combat potential - explorers, buccaneers etc.
1700s - AC4, Edward; AC Rogue, Shay; AC Liberation, Aveline; AC3, Haytham/Connor; AC Unity, Arno.
1800s - AC Victory.
1900s - in my opinion, too many advanced guns for an AC game.
2000s - in my opinion, way too many advanced guns for an AC game.

Hans684
12-15-2014, 07:22 PM
Like most above, "back in time" is preferable.

Speaking of different weapons, I think this has appeared on the AC setting request lists before but "medieval" (for lack of a better term) China in the 13th century would make for an amazing game. Like starting with the death of Genghis Khan (historically, his cause of death is a mystery... Assassins perhaps??) and the early development of gunpowder weapons, to the wars with the Mongols later in the 1200s. And if Ubisoft marketing deemed it necessary, you could even incorporate Western settings because of the Silk Road AND reuse assets from previous games! Back to Acre, anyone?

Of course, it would be weird having 13th century Chinese characters speaking with British accents... :rolleyes:

Darim, Altar's son killed Genghis Khan.

pacmanate
12-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes!!!

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 07:26 PM

That actually makes me want to know more about Darim.

Because Damn.

Hans684
12-15-2014, 07:32 PM
That actually makes me want to know more about Darim.

Because Damn.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darim_Ibn-La'Ahad

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141025163955/assassinscreed/images/8/8c/ACM_Darim_1.png

Darim, during Genghis Khan's assassination mission.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 07:35 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darim_Ibn-La'Ahad

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141025163955/assassinscreed/images/8/8c/ACM_Darim_1.png

Darim, during Genghis Khan's assassination mission.

Oh, that was him?

Always thought that was fan art.

Thanks. :)

Hans684
12-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Oh, that was him?

Always thought that was fan art.

Thanks. :)

Indeed, it's from AC Memories.

Memories have even more "fan art"

Your welcome.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Indeed, it's from AC Memories.

Memories have even more "fan art"

Your welcome.

Oh, Okay.

I need to check that out someday...

Hans684
12-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Oh, Okay.

I need to check that out someday...

It's worth it, we also got a few new characters.

Never played Memories but I've read the stories and seen all the "fan art".

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 07:57 PM
I don't care when/where it takes place as long as the story/presentation/gameplay (i.e. the holy trinity) is good

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 07:59 PM
I don't care when/where it takes place as long as the story/presentation/gameplay (i.e. the holy trinity) is good

Then prepare to be disappointed in Victory... ;)

It's worth it, we also got a few new characters.

Never played Memories but I've read the stories and seen all the "fan art".

Yeah, I agree.

GunnerGalactico
12-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Then prepare to be disappointed in Victory... ;)

Then it should be called AC Defeat then... :p

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 08:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHvd0ks7Es

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 08:04 PM

Yep. XD

I'll be back guys. ;)

SenseHomunculus
12-15-2014, 08:15 PM

OMG how about a spoiler warning??? :D

Was that in one of the games and I missed it?? Or is that in the canon literature?

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 08:17 PM
thats a fact most people don't know

it's not in the games

SenseHomunculus
12-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Cool story, bro!! (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Darim_Ibn-La%27Ahad) :D

GoldenBoy9999
12-15-2014, 08:30 PM
I actually prefer modern settings over ancient ones but that may just be because we've had modern ones for a while. The older (both historically and AC wise) AC games have worse tech and are less appealing to me. I get excited for each new AC setting, and since the recent ones have been modern, that may be why.

Anyway, I guess I'd be okay with it. I actually want one more modern game after Victory in either the Boshin War, the American Civil War, or 1920's America.

I definitely want to go back to an ancient setting though. There is a lot of untapped potential out there and I love reading and learning about more ancient history since there is so little entertainment for ancient settings. If I look up the best historical movies, I've seen most of them and some aren't that old. It seems most movies are set in the last 100 years so that's why I love AC so much. It can recreate a lost time period.

Megas_Doux
12-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Hell yes!!!!!!

As long there is a decent urban envinroment and a non linear mission design Im totally in! No more dull settings of two storey tall buildings and small landmarks and no more AC III wise missions in the likes of being someones chauffeur and 90% cutscene assassinations. Give me medieval Europe, China, India, Ancient Sumer, Babylon to name a few and open missions as well.

DynaRider
12-15-2014, 09:02 PM
How about all the way back when Neanderthals were first beginning to discover the advantages of organization for power and control. A group began to question their existence and the possibility of a supreme being and the Templar brotherhood was born. Other individuals did not like the control exerted by the Templars and became the earliest of the Assassins. Dodging or killing dinosaurs, fashioning weapons from available materials and discovering travel to other places and the struggle to live and kill Templars could be the story line. Here's what the main assassin named something like oize might look like.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/Zmil/neanderthal_zps0968780e.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/Zmil/media/neanderthal_zps0968780e.jpg.html)

Altair1789
12-15-2014, 09:19 PM
I think the perfect opportunity would have been a game on Thomas de Carneillon. I'd love for a change in time period after Victory, I really don't want them to make the same mistake as last time where they give us 5 protagonists from 1 time period. I wouldn't really like a game that's permanently in the 4th century, precursor times, or anything like that, but I'd love it if the setting was somewhere like the 1300 or 1400 and we used memory seals or something of the sort to go view memories of the precursor race or people of earlier years. As long as it ties in with the modern day and overarching story like Revelations did

How about all the way back when Neanderthals were first beginning to discover the advantages of organization for power and control. A group began to question their existence and the possibility of a supreme being and the Templar brotherhood was born. Other individuals did not like the control exerted by the Templars and became the earliest of the Assassins. Dodging or killing dinosaurs, fashioning weapons from available materials and discovering travel to other places and the struggle to live and kill Templars could be the story line. Here's what the main assassin named something like oize might look like.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/Zmil/neanderthal_zps0968780e.jpg (http://s71.photobucket.com/user/Zmil/media/neanderthal_zps0968780e.jpg.html)

The templars existed since the precursor race, and I'm not sure the AC Universe supports the theory of evolution or neanderthals since humans were made from the apple

Hans684
12-15-2014, 09:43 PM
The templars existed since the precursor race, and I'm not sure the AC Universe supports the theory of evolution or neanderthals since humans were made from the apple

We don't know how they made humans, it's never been touched.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-15-2014, 09:54 PM
I think it's interesting that Thomas de Carneillon, after what was really just a few seconds of screen time in Unity, has sort of caught our imagination in a way that no other secondary character really has. He just has the aura of a supreme bad-***.

With this sort of fan support, I'd be surprised if we don't see a game based around him in the next two or three years.

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 09:56 PM
I think it's interesting that Thomas de Carneillon, after what was really just a few seconds of screen time in Unity, has sort of caught our imagination in a way that no other secondary character really has. He just has the aura of a supreme bad-***.

With that sort of fan support, I'd be surprised if we don't see a game based around him in the next two or three years.

lol what fan support.

I've never seen a single tumblr/twitter/facebook/etc post about him.

he's barely even mentioned in here

Megas_Doux
12-15-2014, 09:57 PM
That prologue is indeed REALLY good. Setting and soundtrack alike.....

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 09:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJwBc49YtOA

Pr0metheus 1962
12-15-2014, 09:58 PM
He's been mentioned quite a bit in here, in a number of threads about ideas for upcoming games.

GoldenBoy9999
12-15-2014, 09:59 PM

With that sort of fan support, I'd be surprised if we don't see a game based around him in the next two or three years.

Those few seconds of screen time is why I've forgotten about him. He wasn't in there enough for me to get interested in him or want a game with him.

And like Mayrice said, I haven't seen fan support for him.

Altair1789
12-15-2014, 10:00 PM
We don't know how they made humans, it's never been touched.

I think it was, they mentioned it several times in AC2+Brotherhood (I'm not sure about Brotherhood), and I know that in AC3 there was a hologram type thing of either Juno, Minerva, or that other guy using the apple to make humans

Pr0metheus 1962
12-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Those few seconds of screen time is why I've forgotten about him. He wasn't in there enough for me to get interested in him or want a game with him.

And like Mayrice said, I haven't seen fan support for him.

Well then, just because two people aren't interested, let's just forget about it. After all, what do numerous threads mentioning him matter when the two most important people in gaming, Mayrice and you, don't care for him? :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Well then, just because two people aren't interested, let's just forget about it. After all, what matters numerous threads mentioning him when Mayrice and you haven't noticed? :rolleyes:

A few mentions hardly counts as popular.

And besides, that doesn't even indicate chances of a game.

Otherwise Connor would have 3458305803489503 sequels by now.

GoldenBoy9999
12-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Well then, just because two people aren't interested, let's just forget about it. After all, what matters numerous threads mentioning him when Mayrice and you don't care for him? :rolleyes:

That's not what I said... We don't have to forget about him, I'm just not necessarily interested in a game with him. That's just my opinion.

RinoTheBouncer
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Im all for a game set in BC times. Im sick of this period, tbh.

Megas_Doux
12-15-2014, 10:09 PM
I just want a game set in medieval Europe, please :( That grim atmosphere/architecture was awesome.......100 years war, First or seconds barons war etc etc etc.......

Or ancient in the likes of Babylon, Sumer, Assyria, Carthage, etc etc. As long there are tall buildings and landmarks. Im happy......

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm gonna be the jerk who wants a futuristic game.

Though technically it could be before 1700s if it's set in TOWCB era.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma8nccGkrl1rfduvxo1_400.gif

Hans684
12-15-2014, 10:13 PM
I think it was, they mentioned it several times in AC2+Brotherhood (I'm not sure about Brotherhood), and I know that in AC3 there was a hologram type thing of either Juno, Minerva, or that other guy using the apple to make humans

The holograms showed how the AOE worked, like controlling humans.

AC2 has The Truth video by Clay and his glyphs explains things like Eagle Vision, special people with higher First Civ. DNA than most.

ACB I don't remember much of.

RinoTheBouncer
12-15-2014, 10:15 PM
i just want a game set in medieval europe, please :( that grim atmosphere/architecture was awesome.......100 years war, first or seconds barons war etc etc etc.......

or ancient in the likes of babylon, sumer, assyria, carthage, etc etc. As long there are tall buildings and landmarks. Im happy......

i <3 u

Megas_Doux
12-15-2014, 10:21 PM
i <3 u

My ideal background music for that game....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vww7eQYhPMc

Credits to Melechesh.......

Altair1789
12-15-2014, 10:22 PM
The holograms showed how the AOE worked, like controlling humans.

AC2 has The Truth video by Clay and his glyphs explains things like Eagle Vision, special people with higher First Civ. DNA than most.

ACB I don't remember much of.

Ah, actually, we're both half right and half wrong... I think

According to the acwiki the apple was used for forced evolution on primates to create humans. I think then neanderthals didn't really exist in the AC Universe since what (I think) it's saying is that they basically made primates into humans during the time of the first civ, so basically a game as a neanderthals making first discoveries couldn't happen since humans have been here since the first civilization, which was pretty advanced around the time of their making

pacmanate
12-15-2014, 10:23 PM
^ I listen to this before I go out clubbing

Zero_Regen
12-15-2014, 11:07 PM

With this sort of fan support, I'd be surprised if we don't see a game based around him in the next two or three years.

His connections to the Polo's and Domenico Auditore interest me a lot. Besides the fact he's just gave off an awesome impression.

SenseHomunculus
12-16-2014, 01:26 AM
Or ancient in the likes of Babylon, Sumer, Assyria, Carthage, etc etc. As long there are tall buildings and landmarks. Im happy......

See, that's the problem though: there were NOT a lot of tall buildings and landmarks. Those few which are are notable because of that. Like the architecture in the first AC: it's really beautiful and well done, but for parkour fun, meh -- not so great. Lots of 2-story flat-topped buildings.

xxLiGmAbOfAxx
12-16-2014, 03:25 AM
I'm pretty sure(could be wrong) that Neanderthals were created after humans as a soldier force for the precursors. I know I've read that somewhere.

Morgan-GW
12-16-2014, 07:11 AM
The earlier time period would be fine, as long as we get a whole single-player game that doesn't nerf you if you don't do multi-player.

marvelfannumber
12-16-2014, 07:17 AM
Oh for ***** sake, has it become a weekly thing to have a new one of these threads pop up when there is already hundreds of them?

Zero_Regen
12-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Oh for ***** sake, has it become a weekly thing to have a new one of these threads pop up when there is already hundreds of them?

I'm simply gathering opinions. If there are threads constantly popping up about it, then it's a pretty popular discussion topic. No harm done.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-16-2014, 11:48 AM

What, is someone forcing you to click on them?

If you don't want to see threads like this, you made a pretty silly choice when you bumped the thread, now didn't you.

Jeez!

Ceelaris
12-16-2014, 01:53 PM
I'd LOVE a game set in ancient times. Although, considering the lack of tall buildings, I'd miss the climbing...

But as some have mentioned before, why not have a game in the times of Those Who Came Before? Let's play as Adam or Eve, sneaking around and trying not to be noticed by TWCB because we're no longer under the Apple's influence! Trying to overthrow TWCB and freeing fellow humans etc. A game like that could appeal to those who love the AC lore, but also bring in new fans who prefer a more futuristic setting. :D

ze_topazio
12-16-2014, 02:05 PM
I think most fans are desperate to leave the XVIII century already.

marvelfannumber
12-16-2014, 02:16 PM
What, is someone forcing you to click on them?

If you don't want to see threads like this, you made a pretty silly choice when you bumped the thread, now didn't you.

Jeez!

I usually don't click most of them, but at this point it's getting ridiculous. There's no need for so many threads about the same thing, just a pet peeve of mine.

Though yes, I would like to leave the 18th century. I loved the Jaques de Molay sequence in Unity, so medieval europe would be nice.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I usually don't click most of them, but at this point it's getting ridiculous. There's no need for so many threads about the same thing...

Need has nothing to do with it. There is no rule about threads on similar subjects. Forums exist so that people can talk. No one's forcing you to click on the threads. If you really don't like a subject, just ignore it - if enough people agree with you it will very quickly fall off the front page. If it doesn't, then it means people want to talk about it.

Guess what - the forums aren't all about your desires.

Namikaze_17
12-16-2014, 02:40 PM
I'd just ignore him, Marvel...

But yeah, this topic is being brought up constantly.

We get it, people are tired of 18th Century. :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
12-16-2014, 04:09 PM
See, that's the problem though: there were NOT a lot of tall buildings and landmarks. Those few which are are notable because of that. Like the architecture in the first AC: it's really beautiful and well done, but for parkour fun, meh -- not so great. Lots of 2-story flat-topped buildings.

I'd LOVE a game set in ancient times. Although, considering the lack of tall buildings, I'd miss the climbing...

But as some have mentioned before, why not have a game in the times of Those Who Came Before? Let's play as Adam or Eve, sneaking around and trying not to be noticed by TWCB because we're no longer under the Apple's influence! Trying to overthrow TWCB and freeing fellow humans etc. A game like that could appeal to those who love the AC lore, but also bring in new fans who prefer a more futuristic setting. :D

Ancient Babylon, 600 BC:

http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g09/284509/284509_1274342858_large.jpg

http://www.kadingirra.com/images/proc01.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3Cm1BaWVNmk/UYz5fNGQzNI/AAAAAAAACMk/EKET_IxCr7w/s1600/babylonhanginggardens2.jpg

UR:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sXS-paJnFYM/U2RxJLUJZAI/AAAAAAAAnqY/9_VSmAeUBpg/s1600/vsdfvdfresve.jpg
http://i.vimeocdn.com/video/490692516_640.jpg

An impossible dream for it would require much more investigation than Paris, Venice and Rome for instance.....

xxLiGmAbOfAxx
12-16-2014, 04:23 PM

This is exactly what I want to the tee.

JustPlainQuirky
12-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Ancient Babylon, 600 BC:

http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g09/284509/284509_1274342858_large.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-3Cm1BaWVNmk/UYz5fNGQzNI/AAAAAAAACMk/EKET_IxCr7w/s1600/babylonhanginggardens2.jpg

UR:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sXS-paJnFYM/U2RxJLUJZAI/AAAAAAAAnqY/9_VSmAeUBpg/s1600/vsdfvdfresve.jpg

An impossible dream for it would require much more investigation than Paris, Venice and Rome for instance.....

http://media.giphy.com/media/yidUzHnBk32Um9aMMw/giphy.gif

That's the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

I want it.

Namikaze_17
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Ancient Babylon, 600 BC:

UR:

*Nods Head*

I want this setting...

Ceelaris
12-16-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm with you!! This looks amazing!! :DD

rrebe
12-16-2014, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't mind an ancient Babylonian setting :cool:

Assassin_M
12-16-2014, 07:43 PM
No further back than 500 AD and no further beyond Victory please (Even Victory is pushing it)

Megas_Doux
12-16-2014, 07:45 PM
No further back than 500 AD and no further beyond Victory please (Even Victory is pushing it)

Why no further back than 500 AD?

Assassin_M
12-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Why no further back than 500 AD?

Because I don't care for Ancient settings. I don't want Ancient Egypt.

Megas_Doux
12-16-2014, 07:55 PM

Oh I see...

Im not fan of ancient egypt. However Sumer, Assyria and/or Babylon on the other hand..........

Rafe Harwood
12-16-2014, 07:56 PM

Ah well, we can't all be pleased ;)

ze_topazio
12-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I believe this is relevant once again.

I believe this is relevant.

http://www.kadingirra.com/introduction.html

http://oi60.tinypic.com/dfue85.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/so4jes.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/33dgmxc.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2z9dsns.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/rvgkd2.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/t8luaa.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2dlrtl1.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/zn8oeu.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/25pu6ag.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/aaaper.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/2uxu3w9.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/11aa7h4.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/fwtb2d.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/7290fc.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/21mhuug.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2ic9l49.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2ptaz2c.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/ir3st3.jpg
http://oi57.tinypic.com/10mn5me.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/107v2c0.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/rsctok.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/21en4go.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/nzg7lk.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/dqjgr9.jpg
hhttp://oi62.tinypic.com/301d6kw.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/vhuvle.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/wcohag.jpg
http://oi62.tinypic.com/x5uoid.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2zoj976.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/1zbb1mp.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/817874-Do-You-Want-A-Sumerian-Setting-for-ACV-Spoilers

Assassin_M
12-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Ah well, we can't all be pleased ;)

I know, I keep telling Ubisoft. It's me they need to please, not anyone else. If I'm pleased, all will be pleased.

Oh I see...

Im not fan of ancient egypt. However Sumer, Assyria and/or Babylon on the other hand..........

Well, if I can get assurance that if they go ancient, it wont be ancient Egypt, I might change my mind

Pr0metheus 1962
12-16-2014, 08:50 PM
The problem with those is that they are all artist's imaginary renditions, and while they're cute, they don't really give any idea of how to flesh out a game. An Assassin's Creed game needs a bit more than a pretty setting - if Unity taught us anything, it taught us that.

We know little to nothing about ancient Babylon - it's almost all just guesswork, and Ubisoft needs a LOT more than a plan of the city if we're ever to see a game based there. We need to know what the Babylonians wore, how they worked, we need to know famous people of the period (and we know of virtually no one), etc. We're talking about a city whose greatest landmark - the hanging gardens - is so poorly documented that we can't even be sure it actually existed, let alone know where it was. There are no extant Babylonian texts which mention the gardens, and no definitive archaeological evidence has been found in Babylon.

If AC goes to Babylon, it will mean dumping any illusions that the game is based on history, because it will all be pure fiction. I just don't think Ubisoft is going to do that.