PDA

View Full Version : So... I thought they wanted to EXPAND the franchise ?

killzab
12-15-2014, 09:37 AM
To me, they just tried to squeeze more money out of it ! More than anything ...

In fact, this year has seen the least development and advancement of the franchise's lore, in both modern day and history...

All references in Rogue's modern day (which is not that great but still miles better than Unity's) are from the past years' lore, stuff that we learned in Initiates (like Galina's story) and that is only briefly referenced here.

We used to have the Legacy project or Initiates that expanded the modern day AND the historical lore... And now ? nothing ...

At least Rogue was a nice summary of stuff we kind of already knew, but Unity was abysmal ...

So are they abandoning all of it ?

Why tell us about Eseosa and Galina if they're not even going to continue their stories AT LEAST on Initiates or any transmedia crap they come up with ?

Is it really the "end" of the franchise ? With all that's left is episodic entries with "self contained" historical stories ( which are not even really self-contained and concluded ... :rolleyes:)

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I feel ya.

I miss that episodic feel that ranged from AC1-AC3 in both MD & Historical.

I also agree about Eseosa & Galina ( Especially Galina) both have such potential. :'(

But yeah, this year was weak. ( Excluding Shay/Rogue)

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 09:53 AM
The lore was a definite miss in Unity. They had such HUGE potential with the Sword of Eden and Jacques De Molay setup. The rifts or MD segments could have surrounded said character and mystery but what we were given was little to no context at all. I mean, I know we could get more background on Jacques De Molay through documents and stuff found around Paris, but come on. They already got the medieval setting and characters modeled. That's not to say I'm happy about the removal of a redundant MD saga in favor of gameplay, but I digress.

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Rogue actually added some new information. Like Connor's future for example.

It was enjoyable IMO, unlike ACIV's for some reason.

Perhaps its my templar bias kicking in.

Unity is just....no....

but rest assured.

Darby said the MD in Unity is not the finalized version of MD. It will change.

...then again I think he deleted that tweet so lmfao we may still be screwed.

killzab
12-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Rogue actually added some new information. Like Connor's future for example.

It was enjoyable IMO, unlike ACIV's for some reason.

Perhaps its my templar bias kicking in.

Unity is just....no....

but rest assured.

...then again I think he deleted that tweet so lmfao we may still be screwed.

So it could get even worse ???!!!

No... nothing can be worse

dxsxhxcx
12-16-2014, 11:25 AM

it makes sense, given the unfinished state the game was released in... lol

Eduard413
12-16-2014, 03:23 PM
no, it is the end of Modern Day in AC and I'm really, really angry for it!
don't get me wrong, I love AC Unity and AC Rogue but really, AC Unity is the worst game in the series because of it's story, not just for Arno Story (It wasn't bad I also liked it, but it was the weakest in the series) but the fact they totally removed the MD story is disturbing and stupid! well first when I started the game I was like, oh there is no gameplay but atleast there are videos which will make some story progression like the video with Phoenix Project but no, absolutely nothing happens in MD!
that's why, AC Rogue is the Game of the Year for me and better AC game than Unity, story of Shay is totally beautiful one of the best in the series along with Edward's and Ezio's story
but it also had MD gameplay, well it wasn't like the old games with Desmond but it was direct sequel to Black Flag but I Liked it, there was actually a reason to relive the memories of Shay, I liked the info what happened about Olivier, it was a great game

but in AC Unity? it's just, hey YOU PLAYER, relive these memories of Arno to find a Sage sooner than Abstergo, then one video with Phoenix Project and then, absolutely nothing, in the end, when you found the sage as Arno - the stupid and pointless character Bishop (seriously, they put Shaun as her partner in crime but why BIshop isn't Rebecca?) just say : Ok, Great Job! Well Sage's body is useless now, so there was no point in reliving these memories, thanks!
what the hell? Ubisoft says that everybody hates Modern Day but I don't believe this! Ok, somebody might hate Desmond but cmon, the story of Desmond and the Modern Day conspiracies was so awesome I loved it, Black Flag and Rogue wasn't so great in progression of story like Desmond saga but there was atleast a little progression and some infos / with audio recordings what is happening in MD, so I would be ok and happy if every game from now would be like Black Flag and Rogue
but Unity? well there are some interesting messages that you can get by playing Rift Missions, but the only interesting ones are 2 emails - one which contains a photo of a memory during the 1st Civilization or whatever, and second the plan of Juno
but now I'm sure, next year's AC Victory, there will be no Videos or even Messages like in Unity, it will only get worse,.... which is shame
I hope they will go back to BlackFlag/Rogue format of MD :(

Hans684
12-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Agree, they can't make a proper MD but they can have things like rifts that had the same city in 3 different times but their not able to make MD Paris or MD. They can have countless and some boring missions with plenty of characters but they can't make MD characters(Paris stories). They can release two games a year but not make MD day, adding MD is like making another game(we did get two this year, busted).

Namikaze_17
12-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Agree, they can't make a proper MD but they can have things like rifts that had the same city in 3 different times but their not able to make MD Paris or MD. They can have countless and some boring missions with plenty of characters but they can't make MD characters(Paris stories). They can release two games a year but not make MD day, adding MD is like making another game(we did get two this year, busted).

This.