PDA

View Full Version : A What if/Thought- If Desmond unknowingly had a son...

Mr.Black24
12-15-2014, 04:42 AM
So I've been doing this for a while now, so its a small thought.

I remember in Desmond's Black Room memories of the times that he worked as a bartender. There was a small dialogue of him talking to his friends, and than a girl who wanted to talk with him,

Patron: Hey Dez! You going to the after party?
Desmond: Nah. I'm a little out of it.
Desmond: Lights. Action. Bass drum. Mind-numbing. One hundred twenty-four beats per. Twice the speed of a beating heart.
Girl: So. Where are you from?
Patron: He was raised in a cult or something like that. You know, out west!
Desmond: My parents were conspiracy freaks. They live off the grid in the woods!
Girl: Seriously?
Desmond: God, they all looked so good. The girls in their skirts, batting eyes, the beads of sweat. Everyone was so beautiful in those flashing lights.
Girl: You wanna dance!
Desmond: I was a new man. Born again. Alone but alive. Trying to forget.
Girl: Come on!
Desmond: Let go, Desmond. Just let it go. Forget it.

I had this entertaining thought that what if Desmond soon dated this girl, and than a few weeks before his eventual encounter of Abstergo, they both split. I soon began thinking that Desmond never mentioned her due to their differences and difficulties of their relationship. Especially since he was sucked back to the Assassin/Templar war. What if...what if that girl soon found out that she carries Desmond's child?

In Initiates, it was explained that Desmond's friends were posting Missing posters of Desmond, looking for him. What if the one leading the whole group is that woman. I like to think that it would be cool to help create more life in the Modern Day storyline, having William soon finding out that he is a grandfather and starts searching for his newly discovered grandson. Funny thing is, it was INCREDIBLY luck (coincidence, destiny?) that she too had a high concentration of First Civilization DNA, although unlike Desmond, she never knew about this stuff. Now having a kid of both parents with high concentrations causes the Templars to gain interest and on the hunt for them as well. It becomes a race against time to save the kid from being manipulated from Templar hands.....

I mean I'm just thinking, since I have no idea how the modern day story will go, and I just wanted something good. Especially since I refuse to believe that the incredible legacy of his ancestors just to end there. Especially since how the way it ended in AC3. I understand that Ubi tried to go for the sudden shock, but I felt that it went way too abrupt. Like, instead of me going, *What...WHOA!!! DESMOND NOOOOOOO*, I just went.. *Wait....what...? Thats it?* I didn't feel like fully built up to that moment, it had momentum in AC to Revelations, but in the Modern day segments for AC3, it just fell flat.....

But like I said, its just a thought, nothing special, any input?

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 05:12 AM
Desmond in his messages to his Dad in AC4, talked about different outcomes and realities in which the First Civ could've picked from him.

Him having a son and meeting someone is one of those different realities/outcomes.

I think Sub.16 hinted at this too...

EmbodyingSeven5
12-15-2014, 05:51 AM
or what if we played as desmonds girlfriend pregnant with he child!! it would be interesting to see how the animus and its sessions would be affected by the two in the animus at the same time. may bye the child's mind would wonder and we could relive the memories of past and new assassins. ( like time anomaly missions from AC U)

souNdwAve89
12-15-2014, 05:55 AM
Desmond in his messages to his in AC4, talked about different outcomes and realities in which the First Civ could've picked from him.

Him having a son and meeting someone is one of those different realities/outcomes.

Which I personally find a major cop out. And yeah, Darby said the whole son and sun thing is S16 going crazy due to the bleeding effect.

Hans684
12-15-2014, 05:59 AM
Which I personally find a major cop out. And yeah, Darby said the whole son and sun thing is S16 going crazy due to the bleeding effect.

Because every crazy guy never say something crazy that might not be true.

Mr.Black24
12-15-2014, 07:57 AM
Desmond in his messages to his Dad in AC4, talked about different outcomes and realities in which the First Civ could've picked from him.

That is true, but I think she suggested that they are together as a family. As I explained, he unknowingly sired a son, and died before he knew that he existed.
It would be cool in my book, imagine the fire back in William, Shaun, and Rebecca if they found out that Desmond's son is out there, he and her mother in danger. Now this can be something good! Bring back the suspense and action that sucked me in to this universe already!

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 08:19 AM
That is true, but I think she suggested that they are together as a family. As I explained, he unknowingly sired a son, and died before he knew that he existed.
It would be cool in my book, imagine the fire back in William, Shaun, and Rebecca if they found out that Desmond's son is out there, he and her mother in danger. Now this can be something good! Bring back the suspense and action that sucked me in to this universe already!

I could dig it. :cool:

And it wouldn't surprise me if Desmond had an illegitimate son or something.

They could make up something like he had a drunken night or a one night stand.

Who knows.

xNick26
12-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Also in one of the games you see a video of first civilization where a mother is holding her child and the world starts to get destroyed that could be some kind of hint

Eduard413
12-17-2014, 02:45 AM

no, Darby said that because they abandoned the Modern Day story totally,
I believe back in the days when AC Brotherhood was just released, Desmond really would have a son in future games but noo, Ubisoft wants to have more newcomers buy the newest game so they are cutting out the story - which leads to AC Unity, a first game in AC that ended the MD story for no reason forever which makes me sad :(