PDA

View Full Version : Giving up on this one

Garris256
12-15-2014, 02:10 AM
Well I really tried to enjoy this one. You lost me at ac3 and had me back after black flag and now you've lost me again. This game is beautiful, unfourtunatly beauty is only skin deep, the game runs like garbage, the combat feels terrible and looks just as bad(animation wise), the controls are just as bad as ever jumping randomly into the ether or climbing things I didn't mean to, and the newly vaunted stealth system does not work well.

After this and the trouble I had to go through to get far cry 4 running properly on my computer( at least that games fun) I've finally come around to no pre orders, I've cancelled my preorder for the crew ( before it came out) and the division. I won't be blindly supporting any ubisoft properties again. I'm going to cut my losses and trade in the game to eb while I can still recover half the value of the game.

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 02:12 AM
I must be the only one who isn't having technical problems.

I mean I've had some annoying co-op glitches and others here and there but nothing as frequent everyone says

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 02:16 AM
^ All this talk makes me scared of getting my copy of Unity. :rolleyes:

wvstolzing
12-15-2014, 02:23 AM
I must be the only one who isn't having technical problems.

I mean I've had some annoying co-op glitches and others here and there but nothing as frequent everyone says

It's the PC version that accounts for most of the problems; the PS4 version isn't free of bugs & glitches (the 3rd patch addressed *hundreds* in all versions) but those on the PC appear to be on a different level of magnitude altogether.

Maybe they should have done a Rockstar on this one, and released the PC version later.

UniteUnderPower
12-15-2014, 02:26 AM
You picked such an odd time to do all this. The frame rate/crash patch is coming out tomorrow.

JustPlainQuirky
12-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Oh the PC version isn't even functional.

Honestly, there should be financial compensation for that.

Because even on the recommended specs it runs horribly.

Hell, even on the highest riggs AVAILABLE, it is literally impossible to get it in perfect performance.

The Cynical Brit goes into detail about this in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgpzT5V5Mgs

I'm baffled this was cleared for release. Are there no PC beta testers?

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 02:31 AM
^ I remember watching that when I was bored...

wvstolzing
12-15-2014, 02:34 AM
On that week's cooptional podcast, TotalBiscuit went into some of the details as to why he said what he said.

If I'm not misremembering, he had lots of praise for the work of the art team in the podcast, which doesn't quite come across in the 'let's not play yet'.

Apart from the gratuitous comparison to AC4 (why are there no boats, etc.), what he has to say is spot on.

OpticSpecs
12-15-2014, 02:55 AM
You picked such an odd time to do all this. The frame rate/crash patch is coming out tomorrow.

And it probably will not fix anything, Just eat up more of our data and space. The last patch was 2.5gb, how big is this one going to be?

D.I.D.
12-15-2014, 04:16 AM

Hell, even on the highest riggs AVAILABLE, it is literally impossible to get it in perfect performance.

That video's from November 12th - release day, here. Aside from the game being at its most glitchy, there wasn't a proper SLi profile for it yet, so TB's dual Titan system was perhaps in more trouble than it would have been with a single card. Virtually all problems were gone after Patch 2, but some remain (stupid things like the executioner's boss disappearing at the end of the Paris Story to gather the guillotine parts, but if you restart then he's there: still not fixed).

I have a GTX 770 4GB, slightly OC'd but roughly equivalent in performance to the GTX 680 the game asked for. I hit a minimum 45fps at 1080p with everything maxed and all special Nvidia features on, usually higher. I can play at a solid 30fps at 1440p (locked via VSync) with everything maxed except Shadows to High instead of Soft. I wouldn't try to claim that Unity is great or there wouldn't be any need for these patches, but it's way better than the PC version of Black Flag. There is no point in me trying to play BF on this machine at 1440p, because it'll be pretty but it will not be a decent frame rate. I had to play that at 1080p, and I think I had to compromise some settings too. There's a hell of a lot more going on graphics-wise in Unity too.

It was certainly released too early, but I'm glad I played on PC and not the console. It sounds like PS4 players have the most to complain about, out of all of us.

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 04:22 AM

The PC version is more functional than consoles, actually. Digitalfoundry already written an article comparing a two, but for some reason it's gone. (*cough*Ubisoft*cough*) The article compared the PC version to the consoles, and they found that even a GTX 750 Ti paired with a i3 4130 runs better than the X1.

Totalbiscuit's problem is that he's trying to run the game with SLI (two GFXs) with consistent 60fps. <-- Yeah, good luck with that on any new Ubisoft title.