PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Crappy Crappy Customer Service

ParkTyGreen
12-15-2014, 12:55 AM
I am so fed up with the way this company treats its loyal customers. What do we get for buying all of their games? Glitches galore and non functional websites, and zero help at all from the company to fix these issues! As long as they're still making a profit all is well I suppose! If you want to keep a loyal fan base, actually listen to your fans or at least treat them with a little bit of respect!! I was gonna buy unity for my new xbox one but now I don't want to because I am just getting so annoyed with how they treat their customers and their complete lack of concern over problems with their products! Why should I support a company like this with my cash?!

UbiVolfbane
12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Sorry for the frustration. If you would like to ever provide any feedback or suggestions, please do not hesitate to do so in a ticket via "my questions" here: https://support.ubi.com. The team will also be able to assist you with any issues.

raducucosmin84
12-15-2014, 05:04 PM
I am so fed up with the way this company treats its loyal customers. What do we get for buying all of their games? Glitches galore and non functional websites, and zero help at all from the company to fix these issues! As long as they're still making a profit all is well I suppose! If you want to keep a loyal fan base, actually listen to your fans or at least treat them with a little bit of respect!! I was gonna buy unity for my new xbox one but now I don't want to because I am just getting so annoyed with how they treat their customers and their complete lack of concern over problems with their products! Why should I support a company like this with my cash?!

You're looking at this the wrong way. You as many others here and on the blog, are taking this too personally. Try to look at it this way:

A medium-small developer or studio might be more involved in a fan base, because they would need to grow and increase their market value.

But a developer that has become a very large company, with shareholders to please, and profit margins to increase, it is only natural they they would stop caring about every customer (loyal or not). When you become big enough, the only purpose is profit, and when you are so big, that you can sell products based on brand alone, why would such a company care about every little complaint that some customers have.

People will keep buying their games which come out 2/year/franchise, without a significant drop in sales (even with a fiasco launch like Unity), a copy-paste game like Rogue or an over inflated baloon like Watch Dogs. just look at EA. sure, they might have been criticized by customers and employees, but overall they are a very successful company, with a status and a level of profit to which other companies strive to reach.

So, ultimately, the quality of the product itself does not really matter on medium-long term, the loyal fan/customer base does not really matter, because enough other people buy the products as scheduled, each year, so that the money keep piling up. And when the money will not pile up so fast, or in such big numbers, (and I know this from experience as I work for such a multinational company), then the solution will not be producing better products, or suddenly caring about fans, but rather to downsize and externalize and outsource as much as possible from within, so as to save more money.