PDA

View Full Version : lets just pile on pointless chests because we have no depth to our game-Ubisoft Corp.

Bradsuplay2014
12-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Seriously...your lack of depth in this game is recognizable if one merely syncs up everything and see's all these chests..AC Unity Chest Edition should be the title. Also to make people have to get on a separate App and log into a separate account just to open alot of them is disgusting. We pay you money for a fun entertaining game and you give us AC Chests..."please log into your uplay account to open" *Logged in* "you're not the appropriate level to open". *WTF!!*....on to another chest... "please download and play the companion app to open" *downloads stupid companion app, loads up stupid companion app, realizes just how boring and stupid companion app is, turns off companion app*...so now I get to look at these chests on my map for a game I paid for and cannot even open until I play some boring, thoughtless companion app? Pretty rude...seems Ubisoft is only about the money these days...and the gamers that paid them to get them where they're at today. Thanks for turning me off to your games/future games. I'll pass on the next AC Chests. Corporate turds are ruining games and developer's names in the process. Have fun playing AC Unity Chest Edition...and screw you developers/publishers that thought locking chests away for separate games/apps is fun and adds to your game..its disgusting and adds a level of crap im sure most gamers dont need/want.

***Edited for content - Desist with the profanity please. Thanks

JustPlainQuirky
12-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Amen.

Hans684
12-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Let's just say we are locked in a chest, we can do curtain things but not all because they've locked us inside. It's limiting.

Bradsuplay2014
12-14-2014, 10:49 PM
ya well next assassins creed game comes out im just going to email them stating the money for their game is locked in a chest and the only way to unlock this chest is for them to send me a check for the exact amount (taxes included) for their game. Two can play this chest game.

wvstolzing
12-14-2014, 11:06 PM
You don't get it, do you? It's all part of the Abstergo-conspiracy meta-game. Remember the Subject 16 glyphs? Remember Houdini?

Houdini had an Apple of Eden, and he was able to break out of chests.

In opening that many chests, WE, modern-day Helix players (initiates), are re-enacting Houdini's work.

It's genius; and all too sadly it whooshes over your heads.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-14-2014, 11:26 PM
i liked the chests in unity at first because money was hard to get...medicine leaves quickly and is fairly expensive...
Your appreciation for chests depends on when you decide you want renovate... even then you have to collect hundreds of thousands of coin...
But the cocades... pointless and the AMOUNT of chests are overwhelming... but they at least give you something to do while you wait for your chest to fill....
Weapons and clothing arent cheap lol

Pr0metheus 1962
12-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Seriously...your lack of depth in this game is recognizable if one merely syncs up everything and see's all these chests...

Well, it seems to be working. The bugs, the endless chests and the veritable ocean of nonsensical side missions seems to be blinding a lot of people to the fact that Unity is just a terrible game. Apparently, all you have to do is keep people running around and they won't notice how awful the game is.

Jackdaw951
12-15-2014, 12:55 AM
Now I think the fun gameplay is in the co-ops and heists--solo. Last night, the game practically forced me through all of the weird Sequence 11 in one shot, and that was no fun at all. I do agree that the sheer quantity of chests is overwhelming in such a closed-in play pen. (Yeah, I know Paris is huge. Is still feels closed in. Maybe it's the samey-ness of how everywhere in it feels.) And don't get me started on the blue-and-yellow nightmare.

Bradsuplay2014
12-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Bumped for awareness.

Megas_Doux
12-17-2014, 07:30 PM
I hate the companion chests and such too!

However, Unity is NOT the first AC that does so, there are 330 chests in AC II, 100 feathers that if you ask me are even more pointless. It is trend that plagues many open worlds and AC is no exception.

Jackdaw951
12-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Wrong thread. Sorry!

Hrafnagud72
12-17-2014, 10:29 PM
I hate the companion chests and such too!

However, Unity is NOT the first AC that does so, there are 330 chests in AC II, 100 feathers that if you ask me are even more pointless. It is trend that plagues many open worlds and AC is no exception.

This is true. But at least in the other games the map didn't seem so over crowded with things. And previously all of the chests could be accessed within the game. Having to play an entirely didn't game on an app to unlock things in Unity is complete ********. Everything locked in a game should be able to be accessed entirely through the game.

HeJePi
12-18-2014, 04:45 AM
Somebody made a wrong design decision and is too proud to admit it ...

I think UbiSoft can eliminate 50% of the complaints in 1 day ... if they get rid of those yellow / blue chest :D

Pr0metheus 1962
12-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Now that I've figured out how to work around the annoying quirks in the Companion app, I'm enjoying the blue chests. I wish they involved missions that were more complex or difficult, but I feel it's a good way to keep me interested in playing the game. It needs a lot more tweaking, but it does work - as long as you have a smartphone.

On the other hand, it's indefensible if you don't own anything that can run the app.

As for the yellow chests, I enjoyed them too. Then again, I've been playing AC since it was a thing, so I'm on level 19 already. If I was on a much lower level, the inaccessibility of those chests would seem a bit like a slap in the face.

What Ubisoft needs to do, I think, is make it so anyone can access the chests. Forcing people to work outside the game in order to get access just isn't working.

lucygp
12-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Apparently, all you have to do is keep people running around and they won't notice how awful the game is.

Megas_Doux
12-18-2014, 05:02 PM
What Ubisoft needs to do, I think, is make it so anyone can access the chests. Forcing people to work outside the game in order to get access just isn't working.

I see these things as a extra "work" that could easily be skipped, doing EVERYBODY a big favor in the process.

HeJePi
12-18-2014, 05:18 PM
For the Initiates / Yellow chests ... some challenges are 'interesting' ...

But throwing around 500 money pouches seems ... a bit ... ridiculous ;)

I really regret the factions challenges Assassins, Courtesans, Thief and Mercenary ...

And I really need some assistant thieves to loot the victims that are lying on the floor everywhere around Paris :D

JustPlainQuirky
12-18-2014, 06:36 PM
I never found the chests useful anyway

why spend 20 minutes collecting some on a map when i can do a 5 minute heist and get 75k?

Fatal-Feit
12-18-2014, 06:44 PM
I wish Unity would have ditched chests like in AC:3. Or just left the ones that needed to be lockpicked.

Hrafnagud72
12-18-2014, 07:03 PM
As for the yellow chests, I enjoyed them too. Then again, I've been playing AC since it was a thing, so I'm on level 19 already. If I was on a much lower level, the inaccessibility of those chests would seem a bit like a slap in the face.

The thing is initiates is a monstrous piece of crap. I have also played all of the games but initiates refuses to sync my data from these games so I am stuck on level 2. If initiates was tuned better and actually functioned properly it wouldn't be so horrible.

melbye82
12-18-2014, 08:06 PM
Chests need to be more meaningful. By the time you get the skill to open the red chests you really don't need the money anymore because of the income you get. What they should have done is cut out the companion-app and Initiates nonsense and have the contens of those chests in lockpick-chests and have about 50-100 white chests so you have enough money to keep you going until the income starts coming in