PDA

View Full Version : Initiates has gone crazy in Unity

thunder6700
12-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Today Initiates has started to spam my screen with notifications that i have leveled up and got some stealth achievement. I went to the initiates website and clicked ok on everything and went on playing. But it keeps spamming me NON STOP the whole damn time with the same 2 notifications over and over. And i mean non stop. As soon as the level up notice goes away, the stealth one comes up again. And this keep recycling over and over and over.

Is there any way to get this crap out of my game? I am getting sick and tired of this spam. Please fix this or give me an option to disable anything that has to do with initiate notifications.

Erfivur
12-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Today Initiates has started to spam my screen with notifications that i have leveled up and got some stealth achievement. I went to the initiates website and clicked ok on everything and went on playing. But it keeps spamming me NON STOP the whole damn time with the same 2 notifications over and over. And i mean non stop. As soon as the level up notice goes away, the stealth one comes up again. And this keep recycling over and over and over.

Is there any way to get this crap out of my game? I am getting sick and tired of this spam. Please fix this or give me an option to disable anything that has to do with initiate notifications.

Go to options.
Select HUD options
Disable "Updates"

It should stop giving you initiates updates now (And also cease overlaying database updates over things you want to read during murder mysteries)

dangel666
12-15-2014, 04:31 PM
Yeah I have this bug too - hopefully it's a fairly quick one to fix as it basically meant I had to turn off notifications altogether. Worse is that if you hit TAB for the map etc you often end up launching the browser for initiates which is even more annoying :(

Aenigmatix
12-15-2014, 06:23 PM
You can disable these pop-ups in the HUD menu if they really never stop.

But I would suggest you don't need to.

I had this issue when Initiates Accomplishments suddenly unlocked for me. To see what I'm talking about, go to the your Initiates Profile at acinitiates.com, log in, and go to Accomplishments. The "Accomplishments" part of Initiates seems to be rolling out for all players at different times--mine unlocked for me a couple weeks ago. And when it did, I was suddenly flooded with a bunch of pop-ups telling me that I had completed free running, fighting, stealth, and tactical achievements. Eventually the pop-ups stopped because the game was "catching up" with the progress I had made so far in the game. Once it caught up, the updates stopped. Every now and then I'll get a pop-up when I complete a new accomplishment, though.

Your problem will resolve itself soon, most likely. But I sympathize because it is annoying.