PDA

View Full Version : AC Initates response from Ubisoft Support

ICEing90
12-13-2014, 08:31 PM
So I got this response from Ubisoft support about my Initates data not syncing:

Thomas @ Ubisoft Support Dec 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM EST
If AC Initiates hasn't automatically pulled in your previous play data, you can force the site to poll for new data.
Once logged into your account on ACI, you'll see your current level in the top right hand corner.
Under this, there is a refresh logo, two arrows making a circle.
Click this icon, and the site will attempt to poll for new or missing data it has yet to receive.
​When completed, you'll see a listing of new data received, as well as a list of all the platforms you could earn points for.
If the platforms you've played on are not white, but greyed out, that means that ACI isn't aware of you having played on a given platform.
You can go to the Account Settings under your profile (click your username in the top right hand corner of the website) to link new platforms.
In the event that ACI knows that you've played a game on more than one platform, and you've made more progress on one than the other, you can also select which dataset you want ACI to use from the Account Settings.

Is it just me, or when I log into Initiates I dont see ANY of this. I must be blind but can anyone confirm its there or where this sync button is or account settings?

D.I.D.
12-13-2014, 08:35 PM
No, I can't see this refresh logo anywhere either. I've checked all the pages.

[ETA] I would love to know how this database works, really. If it's not strange enough that UPlay shows data for every AC game and yet Initiates only sees 3 in my Collection, different parts of Initiates manage to see different things to each other. The XP Breakdown is very incomplete for my games list, but it reads games that my Collection doesn't have, while my Badges include awards for games that neither the XP Breakdown or my Collection acknowledge. That's very hard to understand. How did they build something like this without an underlying master database for all the sections to use?

ICEing90
12-13-2014, 08:54 PM
I thought it was just me. But not only does the website not work properly, but the advice from Ubisoft support is outdated or incorrect.

SixKeys
12-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Yep, outdated. The site used to have a refresh button but not anymore since the redesign. It's like they were actively thinking "what else can we possibly do to make this site worse?".

ICEing90
12-13-2014, 09:05 PM
I replied stating the information they gave was outdated and the site no longer has a sync button and that nobody else I knew saw a sync button either. I also attatched screenshots of the website. They replied:

Thomas @ Ubisoft Support Dec 13, 2014 at 02:53 PM EST
I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

This issue will be forwarded up to the development team for further review. However, that is all that I can do at this time, as we have no further information.

JustPlainQuirky
12-13-2014, 09:06 PM
Yep, outdated. The site used to have a refresh button but not anymore since the redesign. It's like they were actively thinking "what else can we possibly do to make this site worse?".

I genuinely think this is what the initiates developers do in their get togethers.

Another reason why I gag everytime Unity calls me an initiate.

It's like the biggest insult ever.

Namikaze_17
12-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Initiates is just-

Bruh.

MasterAssasin84
12-13-2014, 09:56 PM
So I got this response from Ubisoft support about my Initates data not syncing:

Thomas @ Ubisoft Support Dec 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM EST
If AC Initiates hasn't automatically pulled in your previous play data, you can force the site to poll for new data.
Once logged into your account on ACI, you'll see your current level in the top right hand corner.
Under this, there is a refresh logo, two arrows making a circle.
Click this icon, and the site will attempt to poll for new or missing data it has yet to receive.
​When completed, you'll see a listing of new data received, as well as a list of all the platforms you could earn points for.
If the platforms you've played on are not white, but greyed out, that means that ACI isn't aware of you having played on a given platform.
You can go to the Account Settings under your profile (click your username in the top right hand corner of the website) to link new platforms.
In the event that ACI knows that you've played a game on more than one platform, and you've made more progress on one than the other, you can also select which dataset you want ACI to use from the Account Settings.

Is it just me, or when I log into Initiates I dont see ANY of this. I must be blind but can anyone confirm its there or where this sync button is or account settings?

Well when i log into Initiates from the ACU menu I get nothing ? Its only when I click on the initiates logo on the top left I get something but even then I don't see all my play data .

wvstolzing
12-13-2014, 10:02 PM
This is sufficient proof that they don't have a clue as to what they're doing, and that the site will never be fixed.

ICEing90
12-14-2014, 01:26 AM
It's sad because it's a great idea if it worked properly.

I want my Ezio costume in Unity but all my data won't sync sadly. And Ubisoft has no clue what to do or how to do it.

Rafe Harwood
12-14-2014, 03:32 AM
This is sufficient proof that they don't have a clue as to what they're doing, and that the site will never be fixed.

This.

Have you noticed we don't even get the community dudes who used to give us a load of old rubbish about how it was being worked on even bothering to write anything these days?

I gave up worrying last year when it was such an abortion. It never should have existed for BF let alone Unity.

Still, they may surprise me and we actually get something out of it because as others have said, it's great in principle, but complete rubbish in execution and has been for the last year and more.

wvstolzing
12-14-2014, 04:14 AM
There could have been *a* site that served as an elaborate stats database, like that of GTA V -- incorporating both current weapon/armor stats (which they've put inside the 'app' for some reason), as well as everything else that the game keeps track of, down to how many times you've sled under an obstacle.

That would be in addition to the original Initiates site, focused on lore, speculation, community puzzles and whatnot.

Now, providing online services isn't easy, and we know that; just to cite some of the biggest commercial 'players', Apple made some egregious blunders with their 'mobileme', Google switches services on and off on a whim, and on and on. Perhaps this kind of service was too ambitious for a gaming company -- I wonder whether someone's inflated ego is involved in all of this, because it's clearly failing, and they're clinging to it with all their might.

This online/social trend in games will go the way of FMV. In the early 90s, people thought things like Phantasmagoria, and the sampling of bovine excrement on Sega CD were the 'way of the future'. It was pathetic; no matter how 'pure' people's intentions might have been in the beginning.

And there's no use pretending that everyone with access to a good PC or the latest console also enjoys high bandwidth, reliable internet. Maybe if you live in Korea, or Germany, but definitely not in the US, where these companies have their largest 'market', and are often based there. Commercial internet in the US is a crying DISGRACE; it's slow, expensive, and unreliable, even in the heart of the largest cities. It makes me genuinely sad, in that this is the birthplace of the internet -- it was born here, developed in *public institutions*, and see how 'private enterprise' has commercialized it.

ICEing90
12-14-2014, 07:08 AM
This.

Have you noticed we don't even get the community dudes who used to give us a load of old rubbish about how it was being worked on even bothering to write anything these days?

I gave up worrying last year when it was such an abortion. It never should have existed for BF let alone Unity.

Still, they may surprise me and we actually get something out of it because as others have said, it's great in principle, but complete rubbish in execution and has been for the last year and more.

I still have some hope. Not a lot but it's there.

TwentyGlyphs
12-14-2014, 09:23 AM
I genuinely think this is what the initiates developers do in their get togethers.

Another reason why I gag everytime Unity calls me an initiate.

It's like the biggest insult ever.

I hadn't even thought about the sad irony that they've tied the modern day "story" of the main games to Initiates just as they killed the functionality and aura of the site. No wonder Unity's story doesn't go anywhere it fits in perfectly with Initiates. It's incredibly sad to see how much they've killed the modern day story through Initiates, especially after it seemed like it was going to be a cool way to tell more of the modern day story throughout the year.

But hey, at least now we can access the Initiates site inside the game, right? Sure, the site's blank when you do that, but that's still something...

Pr0metheus 1962
12-14-2014, 12:48 PM
My experience with the support folks (I've submitted a number of support tickets) suggests to me that the support guys are working from a book of scripted responses. Some of the response scripts are probably very old, dating from the previous version of Initiates.

These days, in many companies, "customer support" seems to be more focused on preventing customers from getting too upset, rather than finding and fixing problems. It seems to be more public relations (although I prefer to call it what it is - propaganda) than anything else.

pacmanate
12-14-2014, 01:14 PM
So im just gonna be straight up as always and say that Initiates is a pile of ****.

You're welcome, friends.

Namikaze_17
12-14-2014, 01:58 PM
So im just gonna be straight up as always and say that Initiates is a pile of ****.

You're welcome, friends.

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/Agreed_o_94398.gif

D.I.D.
12-14-2014, 02:03 PM
There could have been *a* site that served as an elaborate stats database, like that of GTA V -- incorporating both current weapon/armor stats (which they've put inside the 'app' for some reason), as well as everything else that the game keeps track of, down to how many times you've sled under an obstacle.

Oddly enough, this is exactly what Initiates does for Unity now. It's got precise data of exactly how many times you've done Action X or Action Y, and gives you a list of them. It even works out an analysis of your play style to give you a "type", which changes as you change with further plays.

On one hand, it's highly attentive, and on the other it's completely ignorant. Very strange.

Rafe Harwood
12-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Oddly enough, this is exactly what Initiates does for Unity now. It's got precise data of exactly how many times you've done Action X or Action Y, and gives you a list of them. It even works out an analysis of your play style to give you a "type", which changes as you change with further plays.

On one hand, it's highly attentive, and on the other it's completely ignorant. Very strange.

That precise data used to be available through in game menu's in ACIII and IV.

That's not a valid excuse for anytihng to do with initiates.

pacmanate
12-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Initiates isn't a valid excuse for bloody ANYTHING.

Uplay was enough, getting little rewards and points. Now we just have a PoS website that doesn't have a reason to exist.

JustPlainQuirky
12-14-2014, 10:22 PM

You're welcome, friends.

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/clapping-crowd-applause.gif

STITCHES301
12-16-2014, 06:25 AM
I remember when it was accomplishments with mercenaries,courtesans and assassins. The accomplishments resulted in a plaque being displayed in your villa/hideout. Now you have none of those missions or benefits of the groups. Most frustrating for me is it was working fine and now not at all.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-16-2014, 06:46 AM
Wont work on PC - PS4 - or Mobile
Remember when we played our GAME to unlock in game collectibles rather than sync our data for it?
I'll give you AC App for Altair....
But we need a patch
Ezio - renovate all buildings and complete all club missions
Conor - Complete all Paris Stories
Edward - Touch 3 npc's butts

ICEing90
12-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Sadly this is the least of Ubisofts concerns at the moment. Probably won't be fixed for awhile. I have no idea why initiates exists in the first place. I'm a firm believer that everything should be unlockable In game, without having to worry about apps or websites that don't work.

HeJePi
12-16-2014, 03:22 PM
"Initiates" is another good concept wrongly implemented. It seems the designer of those 'achievements' never played a AC game before ...

Where are the 'challenges' for the 4 factions: Assassin / courtesan / thief and mercenary ?

Now you have to throw a freaking 500 money pouches around to get your XP ...
Jump over / slide under a few hundred times ...
that's complete madness ...

Just a few hours ago I jump over / slide under things for 1 hour ... and the game did not even record it ... that's crazy.

I believe all player wish to reach Initiates level 13 and are forced to do stupid things over and over again ... it's a pain !

At higher level, who really cares about some more thousands F ... I now have about 2 million ... bought all the gear available and upgraded it.

Dear Ubisoft, in the future, please be considerate ... and make those challenges enjoyable, thank you :)

STITCHES301
12-16-2014, 06:01 PM
Sadly this is the least of Ubisofts concerns at the moment. Probably won't be fixed for awhile. I have no idea why initiates exists in the first place. I'm a firm believer that everything should be unlockable In game, without having to worry about apps or websites that don't work.

Agreed. Maybe the time, money and effort put into an app and supporting websites should be applied to the game. Perhaps then, we would get the quality game that we have come to expect from Ubisoft... or maybe it's all a Templar plot.

ICEing90
12-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Update

I got this response today from Support:

Thomas12/16/2014 4:35:39 PM
At this time the initiates website is going to under maintenance for the upcoming week.
We will let you know with further update on your issue.
Please be patient while this issue gets resolved as soon as possible.

STITCHES301
12-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Going down for a week due to maintenance? It hasn't worked for me in over a week.

Rafe Harwood
12-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Going down for a week due to maintenance? It hasn't worked for me in over a week.

Week?

It's never worked for anyone who doesn't have Unity and probably never will.

They will pull it before too much longer and leave everyone in the lurch because they will drop Unity like a hot potatoe as soon as they start releasing info on the next game.