PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4 and Tessellation?

BatJoe1
12-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Will next weeks patch finally bring tessellation to the PC?

drop_toya
12-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Will next weeks patch finally bring tessellation to the PC?

I don't think so :p
This game is still broken and they won't add new features until the game is fixed (btw, we pc gamers are the minority and thus not so important)

kimkimon
12-13-2014, 04:01 PM
i dont know if it works but there is an option you can find in documents>Assassins Creed Unity folder file ACU.ini open it with notepad you can see Tessellation=0 change it to 1 try it if it works

IMRicko
12-13-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't think it will be implemented anytime soon. Ubi has to fix the game's performance first as tesselation might tank the FPS down

YazX_
12-13-2014, 11:45 PM
i dont know if it works but there is an option you can find in documents>Assassins Creed Unity folder file ACU.ini open it with notepad you can see Tessellation=0 change it to 1 try it if it works

This is just a flag and it will not affect anything since its not implemented in the game as yet but i believe the config is there since the game configs are implemented before features.

Anyway, to OP, i dont believe that tessellation will be added in this patch since this is a global patch across all platforms to address performance and MP issues per announcement made couple of days ago.

wootwoots
12-14-2014, 12:51 AM
is a global patch across all platforms to address performance and MP

WHAT... no PC specific patch when the game is pretty broken on this platform ( except if you have a pc powerfull enough to counter balance the terribad optimization job )
Jesus Ubisoft....

Sometime i think thoses guys should really be sued for selling so broken product.. Seriously.. do you imagine building constructor doing a build as broken as AC Unity... ( no doors, no window, no isolation.. etc... )

Anyway.

YazX_
12-14-2014, 01:06 AM
WHAT... no PC specific patch when the game is pretty broken on this platform ( except if you have a pc powerfull enough to counter balance the terribad optimization job )
Jesus Ubisoft....

Sometime i think thoses guys should really be sued for selling so broken product.. Seriously.. do you imagine building constructor doing a build as broken as AC Unity... ( no doors, no window, no isolation.. etc... )

Anyway.

Please don't interpret my words and base it on assumptions, i have never said it has no PC specific settings, i just summarized the live update article which states its a global patch for all platforms, does this mean no PC specific?

i dont have further details, but since previous patches included PC specific fixes and were global across all platforms, then i believe this one will have the same but there is no official announcement or details about the patch, one hint there for AMD users is to use latest drivers which leads me to believe it is, we are just one day away from it, so lets wait for release notes before jumping into conclusions, here is the live update announcement for your preference.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-GB/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:154-188597-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Wrath2Zero
12-14-2014, 01:33 AM
Jesus Ubisoft....

Anyway.

They can't fix the PC version and never will, it's doing 50,000 draw calls and 40,000 of them get culled and cause all sorts of issues, then the PC CPU need to work overtime to prepare the draw calls so it's obscenely unoptimised, no wonder INtel CPU's come out on top because of their raw single-thread performance. It seems only raw CPU performance and GPU performance can save this game and only SLI configs can keep 60fps, barely.

AMD saved the day with their Omega driver though, not sure what they did but AMD GPUs are beating NVIDIA GPUs now, even my R9 280 is performing well and destroying the console version.

RVSage
12-14-2014, 04:27 AM
They can't fix the PC version and never will, it's doing 50,000 draw calls and 40,000 of them get culled and cause all sorts of issues, then the PC CPU need to work overtime to prepare the draw calls so it's obscenely unoptimised, no wonder INtel CPU's come out on top because of their raw single-thread performance. It seems only raw CPU performance and GPU performance can save this game and only SLI configs can keep 60fps, barely.

AMD saved the day with their Omega driver though, not sure what they did but AMD GPUs are beating NVIDIA GPUs now, even my R9 280 is performing well and destroying the console version.

Not really.. remember my 100 % usage on all cores?? It does use all cores.. But the issue as you said.. Something is overloading the CPU queue.. likely being the draw calls.. Lets wait till Monday and see what happens . I am sure they found a way to optimize that issue..

Wrath2Zero
12-14-2014, 04:52 AM
Not really.. remember my 100 % usage on all cores?? It does use all cores.. But the issue as you said.. Something is overloading the CPU queue.. likely being the draw calls.. Lets wait till Monday and see what happens . I am sure they found a way to optimize that issue..

Yes but draw call peak limit is DX11's issues, there is nothing the hardware can do to bypass that because any draw call above the peak limit of 10,000 get culled. It's not all about frame-rate, all sorts of bad things happen.

Consoles: Much higher peak draw calls but not powerful enough CPU to process the amount of draw calls causes a bottleneck.

PC: DX11 high level API 10,000 draw call limit yet has the CPU power to process a lot more drawcalls.

The Fix For PC: A low level API like Mantle or DX12.

The Fix For the consoles: More powerful CPU or push CPU processing stuff to the GPU(like shaders)