PDA

View Full Version : Hidden blade combat in Victory

LoyalACFan
12-13-2014, 07:41 AM
I was kind of sad that they removed hidden blade fighting in Unity, but I can understand why they did it; only having one active weapon at a time greatly streamlines (seamlessnessifies?) the combat. However, I was thinking that in Victory, they could include a second hidden blade as a whole weapon class. So, on the weapon menu, you would be able to choose between One-Handed, Long, Heavy, Rifle, and Hidden Blades. These secondary blades could include hidden guns (much like Unity's rifles, it would replace the pistol as your active firearm AND replace your melee weapon). They could even reuse the Phantom Blade shooting animation.

So, with one simple addition, they could serve several fan requests...

1. Hidden blade combat (duh)
2. Dual hidden blades (but still the option to only have one)
3. An option to have ZERO weapons hanging off your character for the ultimate "blade in the crowd" build
4. A f**king hidden revolver, which has been mentioned several times and honestly, who wouldn't want that?

Since it's still like a full year until Victory's release, I actually feel optimistic that this is something that could get passed onto the devs. It reuses Unity's assets perfectly; all it is is basically just a new set of animations (I don't mean to sound reductive here by saying "just," as I know animations are hard work, but all of the mechanics are in place, nothing needs to change with the combat or assassination gameplay, just 100 or so animations). So everybody comment a bunch if this is something you'd be interested in, and mods, if you could pass this along, you'd be even cooler than you already are :cool:

pirate1802
12-13-2014, 08:14 AM
Yeah, Moriarty's hiddenbladish revolver in the second Sherlock Holmes movie comes to mind. That was badass.

IIVeterano
12-13-2014, 09:01 AM
I imagine the hidden blades would be the fastest but also least damaging weapons stat wise (Since I really don't think there is another way to deal with their potential stats).
Either way, I want some dual hidden blade combat! Would fit perfectly with my stealth-centred playstyle.
Gimme now!

LoyalACFan
12-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Yeah, Moriarty's hiddenbladish revolver in the second Sherlock Holmes movie comes to mind. That was badass.

I was thinking more Travis Bickle, but yeah

GoldenBoy9999
12-13-2014, 01:04 PM
I guess I'd be okay with hidden blade combat. There were less swords and spears at this time so the HB's could make up for that. If they are a weapon class, I'd like some customization for them. You could add more blades to them in Unity, but I'd like some more in-depth customization. Like cosmetic blade stuff. :p

MasterAssasin84
12-13-2014, 02:39 PM
I imagine the hidden blades would be the fastest but also least damaging weapons stat wise (Since I really don't think there is another way to deal with their potential stats).
Either way, I want some dual hidden blade combat! Would fit perfectly with my stealth-centred playstyle.
Gimme now!

I must admit I do agree with the OP that removing the hidden Blade combat was not the greatest move by Ubisoft and suffice to say it would have been nice to have kept that particular combat style but in all I really Love unity due to the fact I feel like a true Assassin..

Studying my surroundings and being creative when making my own opportunities and lets not forget Altair started out with only one hidden blade on the left Hand so I guess it has some kind of sentimental tradition to it .

That aside I agree with you on the dual combat side of things . Hidden blade for up close and Swordsmanship for full open combat combined ? I think Ubisoft missed a trick their .

Lets Hope the development team bring this back in Victory .

D.I.D.
12-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Gimme now!

If you're getting into combat, that's not stealth; that's breaking stealth.

The way the hidden blade works now is that it's only a killing weapon when you have the advantage over an unaware enemy. You can even run at enemies, and as long as you hit the move from the correct distance it will take two enemies down (and when approaching from the back, you put both enemies down simultaneously, one with each hand). For stealth-centred play, this is your weapon.

Megas_Doux
12-13-2014, 06:26 PM
I have NEVER used the hidden blade in combat, therefore I certainly dont miss its absence in Unity. To me it is kinda dumb to parrying a HUGE axe with that small piece of equipment, besides it looks kinda clunky in combat too.

Shahkulu101
12-13-2014, 07:10 PM
I'd accept hidden blade combat if parrying was not possible and dodge was our only form of defense. Otherwise it stretches belief a bit.

Hans684
12-13-2014, 08:09 PM
It can work but it defense has to be metal bracers then, think Batman blocking kanatas with his bracers. But that defense move should only work against light weapons like knives and swords. So you have to dodge heavy weapons.

RzaRecta357
12-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Just make it like AC1 where it was high risk high reward. That was great.

Altair1789
12-13-2014, 11:59 PM
I hate the air assassination range most of all. I'd really like to be able to fight with fists and hidden blades again too though

LoyalACFan
12-15-2014, 03:20 AM
I have NEVER used the hidden blade in combat, therefore I certainly dont miss its absence in Unity. To me it is kinda dumb to parrying a HUGE axe with that small piece of equipment, besides it looks kinda clunky in combat too.

Ideally there won't be axes or maces in Victory at all. By the 19th century, those things should be gone. In melee, enemy guards should use rifles, canes, clubs, and maybe sabres. A metal bracer could feasibly be used to parry any of those things.

Fatal-Feit
12-15-2014, 04:01 AM
How about the Pivot Blade instead? That one was badass and built for combat. It could serve as a dagger class, sort of.

Actually, this gives me an idea.

What if the hidden blade is a whole customizable option of its own in Victory?

For example:

Hookblade improves parkouring speed and distance

Dual Hidden Blades allows dual assassinations

Pivot Blade improves combat in some way

Poison Blade allows us to assassinate or distract from a distance

^ Something like that.

LoyalACFan
12-15-2014, 04:11 AM
How about the Pivot Blade instead? That one was badass and built for combat. It could serve as a dagger class, sort of.

For example:

^ Something like that.

Yeah, I was thinking it would be its own category (like One-Handed is now) with a lot of potential options. Could have some straight blades and some pivot ones.

Namikaze_17
12-15-2014, 04:15 AM

For example:

^ Something like that.

I could dig it...

Or maybe no hidden blade at all for some people?