PDA

View Full Version : How does the Companion App work?

get_big101
12-13-2014, 01:02 AM
Hey everyone! So I just bought the Xbox One with AC Unity and I also downloaded the Companion App for one reason only - to get Altair's outfit. Yes, I'm an Altair fanboy and have been dreaming of this day since forever. And I don't want to mess anything up to where I won't be able to unlock his robes. Can anyone here explain to me how the app works? It would be very much appreciate :) Thank you!

SixKeys
12-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Short answer: it doesn't.

Lots of people have issues with it, including me. I've been playing since release and now the app won't sync my progress anymore. At this rate I don't know if I'll ever get to unlock Alta´r's outfit.

The way it's supposed to work is: you unlock missions in the app by searching for glyphs on Parisian landmarks. Some of them are a real pain to grind through, so you're better off checking these videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/Dwire/videos). Once you've uncovered all glyphs, you unlock missions for your assassin recruits. Each district has 3 missions and each mission has 3 phases, which you have to complete 3 times. The first two times you'll always unlock a chest (usually containing a small sum of money) and the third time you'll unlock one of the special rewards in Unity, like an artifact or a mission for Arno.

The Pantheon is the hardest district to complete as you'll need at least 4 high level assassins. Upon completing all the Pantheon missiosn, Alta´r's outfit should unlock in the game.

Altair1789
12-13-2014, 01:35 AM
You spend 300+ hours trying to get the robes (only counting missions, not including leveling up your assassins), and then lose all your data :)

Sorry for the unhelpful response, but it actually takes more then 300 hours of waiting for the missions to finish. I hope Victory doesn't require an app to get Alta´r's robes. Anyway, good luck

get_big101
12-13-2014, 01:43 AM
Short answer: it doesn't.

Lots of people have issues with it, including me. I've been playing since release and now the app won't sync my progress anymore. At this rate I don't know if I'll ever get to unlock Alta´r's outfit.

The way it's supposed to work is: you unlock missions in the app by searching for glyphs on Parisian landmarks. Some of them are a real pain to grind through, so you're better off checking these videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/Dwire/videos). Once you've uncovered all glyphs, you unlock missions for your assassin recruits. Each district has 3 missions and each mission has 3 phases, which you have to complete 3 times. The first two times you'll always unlock a chest (usually containing a small sum of money) and the third time you'll unlock one of the special rewards in Unity, like an artifact or a mission for Arno.

The Pantheon is the hardest district to complete as you'll need at least 4 high level assassins. Upon completing all the Pantheon missiosn, Alta´r's outfit should unlock in the game.

Searching glyphs in-game or on the app? And that seems like ALOT of work. Have you done them all yourself?

get_big101
12-13-2014, 01:44 AM
You spend 300+ hours trying to get the robes (only counting missions, not including leveling up your assassins), and then lose all your data :)

Sorry for the unhelpful response, but it actually takes more then 300 hours of waiting for the missions to finish. I hope Victory doesn't require an app to get Alta´r's robes. Anyway, good luck

Wait, 300 real life hours??? Or 300 in-game hours?

wvstolzing
12-13-2014, 02:22 AM
Real life. You send 'nomad' assassins on many, many, MANY missions that take multiple hours. Up to 48 real life hours, if I'm not mistaken.

Altair1789
12-13-2014, 03:55 AM
My mistake, 300 hours (real life) to complete ALL pantheon missions. You only need the top right 3, I think

EDIT: My mistake again, the top right 3 are actually 9 and the shortest one is 10 hours. Anyone know how to make a line through your text?

A tip: Use your uplay points to buy a ton of nomad points so you can just buy the 4 level 18 assassins to do the missions. It won't let you buy all of them at once though, you can buy 1 level 18 assassin and then wait until the assassins are refilled. So then all you'll need is 300 hours :)

SixKeys
12-13-2014, 05:08 AM
Searching glyphs in-game or on the app? And that seems like ALOT of work. Have you done them all yourself?

In the app. The game has glyphs too, they're called Nostradamus enigmas, but the app glyphs unlock missions in the app. You have to "scan" landmarks by tapping on them to find well-hidden glyphs on the building. Check the videos in the link to see what it's like.

This thing is the worst kind of grinding. It's not even fun. It's slow, it costs a ridiculous amount of time and on top of everything it doesn't even work properly for a lot of people. Everyone hates it.

wvstolzing
12-13-2014, 05:36 AM
I think it's preferable just to do the Nostradamus enigmas, and get Thomas de Carneillon's outfit -- it's identical to Altair's, just in dark colors.

At least the enigmas are -- in my opinion -- fun & interesting. (And some of them are pretty challenging.)

Altair1789
12-13-2014, 05:59 AM
I think it's preferable just to do the Nostradamus enigmas, and get Thomas de Carneillon's outfit -- it's identical to Altair's, just in dark colors.

At least the enigmas are -- in my opinion -- fun & interesting. (And some of them are pretty challenging.)

It has a few different parts, but I agree. The Nostradamus Enigmas were very fun, and I like Thomas' outfit

JustPlainQuirky
12-13-2014, 06:01 AM
How does the Companion App work?

Trick question.

It doesn't.