PDA

View Full Version : So I'm guessing the Glyphs in Unity are pointless?

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Like seriously?

They serve no purpose other than nostalgia?

Who were leaving them? Why?

Ugh. -__- They really could've went somewhere with that.

Anyone else disappointed like I am?

RinoTheBouncer
12-12-2014, 04:09 PM
I am. They’re totally pointless and I was having really high hopes for them, whether the fact that they showed up in the Prison at the start of the game and were never mentioned at all, or those in the app that you just click on to solve. I really wish we get those puzzles of ACII and AC:B back. They were really interesting parts :(

Hans684
12-12-2014, 04:11 PM
It was made companion app content, it was bound to fail.

TwentyGlyphs
12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Yep, likely just nostalgia and to make longtime fans think something of consequence was happening with the story. No effort at all to do anything with them. The idea that Bellec was intentionally getting arrested frequently so he could see glyphs left behind was an interesting idea. As soon as it's introduced, they throw it away and never mention it again. Sorry you wasted all those months/years of your life to find glyphs, Mr. Bellec, because apparently it didn't mean enough to you to explain WHY you were finding the messages or what information you were finding.

SixKeys
12-12-2014, 04:47 PM
I was really disappointed about that, and the Nostradamus stuff in general. I was so excited when I heard glyphs were coming back, but turns out they were nothing more than keys to another outfit. Why even include them as part of the main story?

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 05:21 PM
It was made companion app content, it was bound to fail.

Agreed.

Yep, likely just nostalgia and to make longtime fans think something of consequence was happening with the story. No effort at all to do anything with them. The idea that Bellec was intentionally getting arrested frequently so he could see glyphs left behind was an interesting idea. As soon as it's introduced, they throw it away and never mention it again. Sorry you wasted all those months/years of your life to find glyphs, Mr. Bellec, because apparently it didn't mean enough to you to explain WHY you were finding the messages or what information you were finding.

Yeah, that was strange indeed.

I was expecting Arno take up his work and it leads something interesting in the MD, Juno, or something.

But oh well. :rolleyes:

Altair1789
12-12-2014, 09:23 PM
"I've been getting into every jail in Paris searching for these. They were put here a long time ago" (paraphrased) -Pierre Bellec, the only good character in the entire game

That's all we ever got on them. The Nostradamus Enigmas were put there by Nostradamus though. I thought the glyphs would be relevant in more than 1 mission

wvstolzing
12-12-2014, 09:29 PM
The Nostradamus Enigmas were put there by Nostradamus though.

Was that mentioned anywhere in game?

It's not quite plausible, because there were glyphs on buildings that didn't exist in Nostradamus's time.

(Besides he'd need to have been one hell of a parkour master and wall crawler.)

Altair1789
12-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Was that mentioned anywhere in game?

It's not quite plausible, because there were glyphs on buildings that didn't exist in Nostradamus's time.

(Besides he'd need to have been one hell of a parkour master and wall crawler.)

Good point. I think I read it in some kind of journal or something that was left near Thomas' robes