PDA

View Full Version : How do you start a New Game in ACU?

SolidNSnake1985
12-12-2014, 05:44 AM
just as the Title says, how do you start a New Game in Assassin's Creed Unity? all i get is "Continue" (On PS4)

Previous Assassin's Creed Games had the option to have 3 Saves ..i don't want to use The Animus feature to choose the memory. i just want to start from Scratch

the only way i've found was to go to Settings > System Storage Management> Application Saved Data > and then Delete the Files in there .. but if i do that will it also delete the Patches?

Ureh
12-12-2014, 06:49 AM
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/47/4043/how-do-i-delete-my-save-file-in-assassins-creed-unity/kA030000000ej5QCAQ

QuestionI want to restart the game, but cannot find a New Game option to do it. How do I delete my save file?
PS4
To delete your save file from the PS4 version of Assassin's Creed: Unity, please follow the steps outlined in the guide found on Sony's website to remove save data from your console - http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/data_system.html

I don't have a ps4 but I'm pretty sure following that guide won't delete the patch.

LoyalACFan
12-12-2014, 02:50 PM
No, the patches are stored under game data utility, not the save files.

SenseHomunculus
12-12-2014, 03:28 PM
I think you'd actually be better off playing without the patches. Patch 3, at least.

PlumLoco
12-12-2014, 03:32 PM
I have no idea why they would completely remove the extra 2 save files. Not being able to start a New Game without deleting your data is kind of a big oversight I think. I also would like to know why I have no option to quit the game from the pause menu. They removed that too for seemingly no reason.

TwentyGlyphs
12-12-2014, 03:48 PM
A lot of people think there's only one save file because your co-op skills and such are so tied into the main game that you'd be playing co-op on another save file with the same screen name but different skills and gear. That sounds reasonable, but also incredibly annoying. Thanks to the deep tie-in with the co-op mode that I did not ask for and do not use, I can't start a second playthrough without throwing away the hours I've already poured into this game. Ubisoft needs to find a way around this issue for future games, even if it means unlocking some stuff on a separate co-op profile hidden behind the scenes that always has your best gear and skills unlocked while playing on any save file.

As for not having a quit to menu option, that's likely just the result of this thing being an unfinished mess. It's surely the same reason we have a black loading screen. A black loading screen. In 2014. They obviously did not have the time to add all the bells and whistles on top of the core game, which is not finished itself.

SolidNSnake1985
12-12-2014, 04:46 PM
A lot of people think there's only one save file because your co-op skills and such are so tied into the main game that you'd be playing co-op on another save file with the same screen name but different skills and gear. That sounds reasonable, but also incredibly annoying. Thanks to the deep tie-in with the co-op mode that I did not ask for and do not use, I can't start a second playthrough without throwing away the hours I've already poured into this game. Ubisoft needs to find a way around this issue for future games, even if it means unlocking some stuff on a separate co-op profile hidden behind the scenes that always has your best gear and skills unlocked while playing on any save file.

As for not having a quit to menu option, that's likely just the result of this thing being an unfinished mess. It's surely the same reason we have a black loading screen. A black loading screen. In 2014. They obviously did not have the time to add all the bells and whistles on top of the core game, which is not finished itself.

this is the first game that confused me on how to start a new game .. i wish there was another way without losing my co-op progress & Rewards when starting a new game.

so a New Game + should fix it .. look at TLOU .. in a new Game + you carry over all your upgrades you made through your first playthrough to the second ... and so should ACU .. to start a new Game + with all the upgrades i did to Arno .

Jackdaw951
12-12-2014, 09:41 PM
There are two issues here, at least on the XONE. One is the lack of multiple save slots--Ubisoft's bad. The other is the inability to back up save files manually in this system--Microsoft's egregious bad. The files are stored only in the internal drive (and synched to an XBL server somewhere), cannot be copied to an external device like a USB stick, and even if the user pries open the case and pulls out the drive, invalidating his warranty, the drive is unrecognizable by anything else unless the boot sector is modified. Why Microsoft would want to yank ownership of save files away from their customers is entirely beyond me. I hope they fix this in the future, because as it stands, I cannot recommend the system anymore.

SolidNSnake1985
12-14-2014, 01:15 PM
If i've chose to go through the Progress Tracker, will it be a seamless process? like if a finish a memory will it take me back to the progress tracker to choose my next memory? or will it just carry on

ladosefan
12-14-2014, 01:41 PM
it will take you back to the progress tracker

MegaRock35
12-14-2014, 10:13 PM
Since you're on PS4, it's worth mentioning you can create a new user profile, which lets you start a new game in Unity without losing your main one tied to your main account. Probably creates issues with online stuff, though, but it's better than losing everything imo.