PDA

View Full Version : Some Legendary equipment, previously locked by Club Competitions, have been unlocked

Aenigmatix
12-12-2014, 04:42 AM
I just opened ACU to find that certain legendary equipment, including Phantom and Brigand gear, have suddenly been unlocked and are available for me to equip. Here's a screen shot of Arno decked out in the Legendary Phantom gear. Pretty bad ***.

http://i.imgur.com/vIwIlZD.jpg

Has anyone else had this content suddenly unlocked? Does anyone know why Ubisoft made these available? I haven't seen anything in their recent announcements about it. Either way, I'm happy Ubisoft has at least made some of this content available in lieu of releasing Club Competitions.

machine4578
12-12-2014, 06:15 AM
I just opened ACU to find that certain legendary equipment, including Phantom and Brigand gear, have suddenly been unlocked and are available for me to equip. Here's a screen shot of Arno decked out in the Legendary Phantom gear. Pretty bad ***.

http://i.imgur.com/vIwIlZD.jpg

Has anyone else had this content suddenly unlocked? Does anyone know why Ubisoft made these available? I haven't seen anything in their recent announcements about it. Either way, I'm happy Ubisoft has at least made some of this content available in lieu of releasing Club Competitions.

yes, it seems they did unlock some previous club competition rewards... :)

PhilyG213
12-12-2014, 07:49 AM
In the last Unity live stream they said that they want to unlock some of these things bc Club Competitions need longer than expected. I mean they're still working on the bugs.

Green_Reaper
12-12-2014, 09:16 AM
It's great but I feel like they're only keeping the rest locked so people will have incentive to play club competition.

Speedy_PC
12-12-2014, 09:30 AM
The Club Competitions is still not available they're still working on the bugs, I'm a little disappointed they're only keeping the rest locked so people will have incentive to play club competition.

Anykeyer
12-12-2014, 12:03 PM
Wait wat? They unlocked legendary gear for everyone, and you dont even have to spend in-game money? Just like that? So everyone who gets this game for christmass will have the best stuff from the beginning? Ubi broke Unity even further then.

Aenigmatix
12-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Wait wat? They unlocked legendary gear for everyone, and you dont even have to spend in-game money? Just like that? So everyone who gets this game for christmass will have the best stuff from the beginning? Ubi broke Unity even further then.

Pump the brakes there, kid.

I have no idea why this legendary gear unlocked for me. It could be that they simply changed the requirements for unlocking this equipment from having to complete Club Comps to, I dunno, completing something else in-game. I doubt they would just unlock this gear for literally everyone, even people who haven't progressed far into the game. But I'm at 99% synchronization and I've completed almost everything there is to do in the game, so it's impossible for me to know what I did previously that allows me access to this gear.

If someone else who just bought the game sees that this gear is also unlocked for them, I would love it if they commented here. Because I agree - it would kinda suck if Ubisoft unlocked this gear for everyone all at once, without anyone having to earn it.

Green_Reaper
12-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Pump the brakes there, kid.

I have no idea why this legendary gear unlocked for me. It could be that they simply changed the requirements for unlocking this equipment from having to complete Club Comps to, I dunno, completing something else in-game. I doubt they would just unlock this gear for literally everyone, even people who haven't progressed far into the game. But I'm at 99% synchronization and I've completed almost everything there is to do in the game, so it's impossible for me to know what I did previously that allows me access to this gear.

If someone else who just bought the game sees that this gear is also unlocked for them, I would love it if they commented here. Because I agree - it would kinda suck if Ubisoft unlocked this gear for everyone all at once, without anyone having to earn it.

It's unlocked, but you have to pay an amount of livres(in game currency), just like you would for any regular equipment. I suspect the mini-update they released recently unlocked a few legendary sets, that's why you are able to access these without having to play Club Comp.

Mr_Shade
12-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Select Club Competition Legendary Items unlocked!

The following Legendary Items have been disengaged from the Club Competitions:
Legendary Phantom Coat
Legendary Phantom Bracers
Legendary Phantom Belt
Legendary Musketeer Bracers
Legendary Musketeer Hood
Legendary Musketeer Breeches
Legendary Brigand Coat
Legendary Brigand Bracers
Legendary Brigand Belt

Club Competitions should begin once we’ve confirmed that Patch 4 is up and running smoothly!

Aenigmatix
12-12-2014, 08:52 PM
Select Club Competition Legendary Items unlocked!

The following Legendary Items have been disengaged from the Club Competitions:
Legendary Phantom Coat
Legendary Phantom Bracers
Legendary Phantom Belt
Legendary Musketeer Bracers
Legendary Musketeer Hood
Legendary Musketeer Breeches
Legendary Brigand Coat
Legendary Brigand Bracers
Legendary Brigand Belt

Club Competitions should begin once we’ve confirmed that Patch 4 is up and running smoothly!

Thanks, Mr_Shade!

Looks like there are no special requirements to access this gear -- just being able to afford them with enough livres.

I could complain that it gives newbies instant access to legendary gear, but honestly I don't care that much. I'm satisfied that Ubisoft has unlocked some of these pieces of equipment, and that's good enough for me.

NightmareGK13
12-12-2014, 10:27 PM
now i'm really hoping I can actually win... because they unlocked all the sets I wasn't looking forward to ahah talk about accurary

the Legendary Military and Napoleonic are my goal :P

drop_toya
12-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Ubi can you please unlock the napoleonic coat, i really don't want to wait another month or two for club competition :(
I actually bought this game for the single player experience, and now you lock the best gear behind stupid online features ( i don't think a lot of people love the companion app by the way )

strigoi1958
12-13-2014, 03:08 PM
cannot wait ... I'm going to keep trying till I win a Schiavona sword :D

topeira1980
12-13-2014, 03:52 PM
can someone tell me what are the club competitions?

what kind of competitions are these? is it just doing some of the things we've already done, but again and better or something? like time trials in racing games?
for example - "complete a specific mission in under 15 minutes"?

fakmai
12-13-2014, 04:43 PM
As I understood, it's grinding Creed-Points with your club. There are goups of six clubs competing against each other. After a week or so the club with the highest amount of CP wins and gets rewarded. It would be interesting to know, if you will be able to use all kinds of boosts in the competition. Then Ubisoft would have created a 60 bucks pay to win game. But I'm not sure, if they stick to that plan.

topeira1980
12-13-2014, 04:55 PM
As I understood, it's grinding Creed-Points with your club. There are goups of six clubs competing against each other. After a week or so the club with the highest amount of CP wins and gets rewarded. It would be interesting to know, if you will be able to use all kinds of boosts in the competition. Then Ubisoft would have created a 60 bucks pay to win game. But I'm not sure, if they stick to that plan.

that's the obvious - clubs compete. but what are the competitions?! how do you compete?!

fakmai
12-13-2014, 05:28 PM
that's the obvious - clubs compete. but what are the competitions?! how do you compete?!

I guess you do the same things you're doing until now (same coop missions), but with the intention to gain as many CPs (air-kills, sync-kills,...) as possible.

NightmareGK13
12-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Ubi can you please unlock the napoleonic coat, i really don't want to wait another month or two for club competition :(
I actually bought this game for the single player experience, and now you lock the best gear behind stupid online features ( i don't think a lot of people love the companion app by the way )

was thinking the exact same thing... jacket, hood and hidden blade
most of the stuff unlocked was already unlocked if im not mistaken, i think the brigand hood was already unlocked... still

cannot wait ... I'm going to keep trying till I win a Schiavona sword :D

ahah thank god we're in the same club then, after that same sword, we're gonna have some fun ahah vive La Legion!!

Carch
12-14-2014, 01:25 AM
I made some gameplay videos showcasing the recently unlocked armors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Z6pUAlUko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipQQdypBdS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5gvW9pBcUg

fenris19892
12-15-2014, 02:31 AM
now i'm really hoping I can actually win... because they unlocked all the sets I wasn't looking forward to ahah talk about accurary

the Legendary Military and Napoleonic are my goal :P

the legnedary sans-coulottes gear is what I want